“Nice place for an exotic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Thanie - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Thanie
Price range: US$35 - US$141
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Nice place for an exotic dinner”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Been here quite a few times, starters are fairly priced try the sweetcorn cakes and the spring rolls,food is been well presented and portions are generous.don't understand complaints about service always looked good to me I'm not from this country and staff in restaurant isnt neither so appreciate the effort they pu t while they do their job after all you don't go places just for the ser ice do you !!!

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Awful”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I are on business in Middleton. Last evening on my husbands recommendation we visited the Thai Thanie. It was the worst food we have ever tasted. The staff were very miserable and unhelpful. My husband has visited this restaurant before and he couldn't believe how the standards had dropped. We wish we had visited the Trip Advisor before our visit. I wouldn't recommend anybody to visit here.

Visited September 2013
Galway,Ireland
“Great take away option in Midleton”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This looks like a lovely restaurant inside, unfortunately i havent had the oppertunity to dine in yet. I have gotton take away on a number of occasions and it has been very good each time. I do find the menu a little limitied because I dont eat seafood and there is quite a bit of fish/seafood on the menu but their thai red curry is excellent as are the stir frys. The quality of their meat is very good. I have tried both the chicken and fillet beef so far and both have been very good. It is expensive but the portion sizes are very generous. I will definitely be getting take aways from here in the future and hope to get in there to see what the dining experience is like in the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Cork
“What has happened ??”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

For years this has been one of my favourite restaurant but a visit last night was such a let down. It seems they have dropped all standards in their service. No longer do the staff dress in the beautiful Thai costumes but they seem to have become so dismal, unfriendly & insolent.

On requesting the wine menu, we were given a cheap plastic folder with crumpled pages stuffed into poly pockets, the wine we selected was not in stock & no assistance was given in choosing an alternative.

We had the early bird menu as 16.95 for a curry which did not include a rice/chips is rather overpriced.

Out of only two desert choices only one was available (ice cream)

Food was good in fairness and maybe they are struggling to keep a large restaurant with high rents etc., but pleasant friendly service & a smile cost nothing :-)

We were most saddened to see what was a fabulous restaurant fall to such a miserable dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Olga B
Midleton, Co.Cork IRELAND
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food let down by beautifully presented but sullen, unfriendly and sterile staff.”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Can't fault the food here, it's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Having read the rest if the reviews, I totally concur regarding the waiting staff. They are unfriendly at best, and they certainly don't compliment the surroundings.
It's a pity they don't read these reviews and make an effort to be friendly, after all they don't work in a concentration camp!

1 Thank Radharc05