“Great food... even better people.”
Review of Richys Restaurant

Richys Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Always using locally sourced produce you are gaurenteed you meal at Richys is top quality every time
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our stay in Clonakilty was made even better by discovering Richey's. We ate several meals there (breakfast, lunch & dinner) and hugely enjoyed each time. Management and staff were so friendly and helpful. Try the Gold Croc-Monsieur sandwich!

richys101, Manager at Richys Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for your review Kevin, it was a pleasure to meet you and your family. We look forward to welcoming you back to Richys soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Three of us visited and had a main course each, a bottle of wine and two desserts, and a glass of port. The hake was very nice, the sauce that was with it was a little sprinkling on the plate, I ordered the cheese for dessert, it was meant to be cheeses with grapes and port, there were no grapes served with it, and the cheese consisted of several tiny samples, it was tasty enough, but it wouldn't have filled you up, at 150 Euro for the three of us was a bit steep

richys101, Manager at Richys Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the food with us. Our Mileens Three ways alternative cheese board is a little different offering the award winning Mileens cheese au natural, as a fondue and deep fried- I am sorry if we negleted to put grapes on the dish . If you wanted more sauce for your Hake we would have been happy to oblige on the night. We strive to produce top quality food using locally sourced indegrients. We do offer a good value 3 course early bird menu for €27.95 every day up to 7pm. Perhaps you will give us the opportunity in the future to show you we can fill you up for good value too.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Visited Richies two days ago at lunch time with two children and a baby. The cafe side appeared quiet, the menu looked inviting. Imagine our surprise when twenty minutes later there was still no food in evidence despite a fairly simple order of two sandwiches, one burgur and two pasta dishes. The waitress apolgised for the delay laying the blame firmly on the kitchen staff, however I felt it was inexcusable that I could see three of our meals waiting to go out for what seemed like an eternity..Finallythree dishes were delivered but no sign of the basic pasta dishes for our 3 and 1 year olds try explaining that! If the chefs had run out of pasta they should have had the coutesy to let us know. Unfortunatly all of this endeavoured to leave a bad impression on me even though the eventual food was of a high stantard. With a by now irate baby in tow I had to forfeit any thoughts of desert and wen to purchase a brownie from the desert display, this was featured as being 4.95 with ice cream as a desert, I was surprised to be charged the full price for it as a take away cake, furthuring my disaapintment in Richies.

1  Thank niamh66

Thank you for your review of Richys R Cafe . I am sorry to hear you felt you were waiting too long for your lunch. I am glad to hear you liked our menu and the quality of food . I apologise that you were waiting so long for your childrens pasta dish. We had not run out - if we had we would have let you know. We do cook everything from fresh and if we are asked to bring out childrens food as soon as possible we try our best to oblige. We do indeed have a price for take away cakes of €3.50 and I am sorry that you were charged in error at the till for an eat in cake. Had you highlighted this to us we would have rectified it immiedietly for you. Please allow me to refund the difference to you . I am gald you posted a review as you have left your scarf behind that day and even though I ran out after you I could not see you on the street. If you would like to email me on info@richysbarandbistro.com we can arrange to get it returned to you along with the refund for the mistake. Please allow us to make up for your disapointment on the day and we hope you will allow us to try make up for it in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent food especially the fresh scallops recommended to us by a friendly waitress. Cosy atmosphere in an ideal location. Presentation of food was impressive with prompt service. We had ample time to relax and enjoy our wine after our meal. Would definitely return, thanks very much.

1  Thank Paddygarv

Thank you for your review of Richys. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your evening with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We were able to get a table at very short notice and we really appreciated it. Met a friend and we both had the following and really really enjoyed our food and the portions were big and very filling. We had Chicken and pomegranate salad with tomato radish and smoked gubben bacon with a flat bread followed by Classic creme brûlée with pink peppercorn - and shortbread. Absolutely delicious!

Only downfall was the lighting in the restaurant - it was a bit low for reading the menu.

richys101, Manager at Richys Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear you loved the salad so much and our homemade desserts. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.