“M A R V E L O U S”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clonakilty
Henry's Boutique Destination
Ranked #6 of 14 Clonakilty B&B and Inns
Bern, Switzerland
“M A R V E L O U S”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We been lucky and been guests of Marie for 2 nights. What more to say than thats the best place we have been during our 2 weeks roundtrip. Marie, thanks for your great hospitality. As promised we will come back when the white horses clashed on the cliffs and enoying the perfect view from the 'White Room'.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am not normally moved enough to write a review of anywhere I stay but have to make an exception for Henry’s Boutique B&B. From the moment we arrived at this amazing location we knew we were going to really enjoy ourselves when we received the warmest of welcomes from Marie Henry. That warmth did not fade during our stay, she could not have been more helpful and obliging. This very impressive house is so stylishly decorated and every room is unique in its own way. The views are spectacular. Marie is a wonderful cook and her breakfasts were so good, not to mention her delicious lemon drizzle cake! Henry’s is a perfect place to relax and unwind and we found it such a welcome and relaxing break. Can’t wait to go back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Three of us had a one night stay and it was a real highlight. The hospitality of Marie, the beautiful location, the quality of the rooms and the beautiful food were all excellent. I have to confess that I did take more than one macaroons with my afternoon tea. Our only issue was that we had only one night there. Thanks Marie. We have recommend your B and B many times since arriving back in Oz.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a chance last week for a last minute getaway to spend some time in west cork, the centre of the world for me!! The weather was amazing and country looked so good. So too was the food, the fun and the music all of which were on tap in Clonakility. However to top the lot was Henry's Boutique Destination owner and operated by the wonderful Marie Henry. This was our second visit to Henry's in two years. Once again we were welcome, charmed and treated to the very best in Irish Hospitality, our room had an direct view of the sea which is only 50mtrs from the window. No ask was to big and the BREAKFAST WAS AMAZING. Top Marks again for Henry's, we will be back in the fall. DMK

Room Tip: Just ask for a sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Fabulous few days in one of the most charming and unique guesthouses . The food and overall attention to detail were superb. Marie Henry is the perfect hostess and made us feel like VIPs. From the moment we arrived....the view....the welcome....the afternoon tea served with lemon drizzle cake.....we knew we'd found a little piece of Irish heaven. We'll be back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael C
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Michael, thank you for your kindness in writing a review of Henrys. It's always good when people take the time to write positive thoughts of being here. The weather is so fantastic at the moment and ideal for enjoying West Cork and on the coast. Tropical days here. Appreciate. Kind regards.
Marie
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Marie, the superb host, adds the sparkle to this most enchanting place we have ever stayed in. Her attention to detail cannot be overstated. She has created a haven in such a beautiful setting, with breath taking views from every window. The house is fantastic, beautifully decorated and adorned with amazing artwork. The bedrooms are plush and luxurious and ooze cosy comfort.
Marie was extremely helpful with organising our travel, advising us on what to see and where to eat and even made dinner reservations for us. From the moment she greeted us on arrival (with some delicious cake and tea) we knew that we had come to the most perfect place to unwind. Marie caters for every dietary requirement and whim, and the breakfast was by far the best we have eaten in any hotel or bed and breakfast. We had (very yummy) porridge, a super traditional breakfast, smoked salmon, and so much more. But the tastiest was our specially made fresh cucumber juice a la Marie - thanks so much for that!
This place is so tranquil you cant help but just breathe in the fresh air, soak in the beauty and relax. Plus there is a gorgeous private beach. And if thats not enough, there is a piano!Ill be bringing my music with me next time.
Thanks so much Marie for sharing such a beautiful part of the country! Looking forward visiting again you soon.

Room Tip: All three rooms are excellent!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Culchini
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Nico and anne Marie, thank you for your great review of Henrys. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and that Nico got the result he was so excited about with the Spanish match on the Saturday night. As always when guests play the piano it is wonderful to hear throughout the house, and I am always surprised so many guests can actually play. It was a pleasure to meet you both and to cater for your needs in whatever way. Will look forward to your second visit to us here in west cork where a warm welcome will await. Take care. Marie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My stay here was absolutely abysmal. It started well however I begun to feel that all was not well when on day two I was reprimanded by the owner, for eating my breakfast outside of the designated breakfast hours, i.e. that I wasn't allowed to eat the eggs I was given for breakfast unless they were eaten at the breakfast table. Being told that, I quote 'we are not here to provide you with food for the rest of the stay and nothing is to leave the table', was a rather nasty shock to the system. I grew up not to waste food and with so many starving around the world the idea is abhorrent to me.To add insult to injury, items of ours left on charge in our room were pulled out and snide comments made about us making our own tea during the evening. It was at this point that I decided that staying any longer was not an option. Not wanting to have to deal with a place so disrespectful, unstable and draconian my partner and I decided to leave the money owed in the room and leave for parts more friendly. After collecting the money we had left, the owner promptly called the police claiming an unpaid bill and had us pulled into the station and made to pay again. I love Ireland and often travel there but this stay was shockingly bad and the treatment by Henry's Boutique BnB owner an absolute disgrace to Irish hospitality. I would recommend saving your time and energy and locate another place to stay by the Ocean in Clonakilty as there are many and I am sure with far better service than this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Saabeah A
I just want to say if anyone is reading this review, it is not representative in any way of our hospitality, warmth and welcome, and Guest welfare here at Henrys. There is 3 sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth, and only one of these feature in this review. An unfortunate experience. Marie henry.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
O'Donovan's Hotel
O'Donovan's Hotel
#6 of 8 in Clonakilty
Casey's of Baltimore, Hotel

Been to Henry's Boutique Destination? Share your experiences!