Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre
Munster Arms(Bandon)
US$124
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsjungle gymkids clubbouncy castlekids campgreat family hoteloutdoor playgroundteen zonesoft play areapirate shipgames roomkids buffetface paintingcoffee dockfamily breakolder kidsbed apartmentideal for families
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed there back in July. We landed in the hotel very early as we had to go to a wedding. The staff on reception couldn't do enough to accommodate us. They were extremely helpful. It's a good location, great facilities and they do an excellent breakfast also. All in all, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
iocallaghan, Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stay at the hotel and that our staff went the "extra mile" to welcome you. The hotel is the perfect base for those attending weddings in the Clonakilty area. We hope you will get the opportunity to return again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We chose this hotel specifically because of the location in Clonakilty on N71 and near the coast roads, with an easy walk to music, shops and town sites. BONUSES included a wonderful leisure centre with a huge pool for all swimming needs, refreshing whirlpool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room to get the joints moving again. The food for the evening meal and breakfast were good quality hotel food. The service was excellent at registration and in the dining room. The Coffee Zone as well as the cinema was next door was an unexpected find with discounted tickets available at the hotel registration. While we did not travel with children, I would especially recommend this Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre to families for the numerous benefits(pool, teen and kid areas, great playground) no matter what the weather is - kids can be well entertained in or outside.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback. Cycling is one of the best ways to see beautiful West Cork and we were delighted to hear that the hotel provided much needed relaxation at the end of your journey. We hope you will consider returning in the future, I am sure you will still find plenty to see and do.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hi there

My Husband and I arrived in the quality hotel in Clonakility on Thursday 29th of August for a much needed break away.Check in was very fast by a lovely courteous Lady at reception.The Hotel is beautiful and very well maintained.Our Bedroom was lovely and spacious I believe it was a family room with a double and 2 single beds and everything you need in the room.

Breakfast was lovely great selection and again the staff were fantastic and it was great to see local staff.The leisure centre was fantastic,Its an absolutely great hotel to bring kids to ,there is so much for them to do.Its only a short stroll into town .Now I suppose you are wondering why if everything is amazing that I didnt give it top marks.

Well the reason being is on one evening we dined there, while we were served dessert the waitress came and handed us our bill.I was really taken aback at this.I have been in catering for 9 years and one of the things you DO NOT DO is hand the patrons the bill without them having asked for it.Did they think we were going to do a runner.Hardly seeing as we were staying there and they had already asked for our room no.

I was so disgusted by this that I was going to just rate it 2 stars then I thought that wouldnt be fair on the staff or the other good things about this hotel but it really left a sour taste in my mouth.I did say it to the supervisor who said the Manager( I think his name is David) wanted it done like this,Why, I cant imagine. IT IS VERY RUDE DAVID

Room Tip: I wouldnt recommend Dining here because of what Ive already said,though the food was quite nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel. In relation to your issue in the restaurant, please accept our apologies. As you mention this would not be considered standard or mannerly practice and we have reviewed our procedures and adjusted them accordingly. Please be assured there was never any intention to offend, just often customers stay on a package where dinner is included, and don't realise they must still sign off their bill. I hope you will consider returning to the hotel and the stay will be perfect!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

spent two nights here with two grandchildren.Kids are so well catered for,pool,activites,food,and in general they are made to feel welcome.The rooms are clean and comfy and the food is very good.The beach is only a few minutes drive away and there is a lovely model railway in the town.

Room Tip: This is a family hotel,not for those looking for a quiet break.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
iocallaghan, Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you and your grandchildren had a fantastic stay. I am sure the next time you come back, there will still be lots more to do and see!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Visited Quality for 4 days with group of 16 adults this weekend. we all had a marvelous time, rooms were lovely, big and new beds!! (Great sleep), the hotel seems to be recently refurbished and is looking great. Staff excellent and could not do enough for us. we were on a DBB basis and had 3 choices each evening for our Dinner, served very quickly and good choices. Music in bar each night - different players who were able to 'entertain' the host of families in the hotel for the weekend but then 'play for adults' after 10pm. all 3 were excellent and we all enjoyed them every night. Would recommend for groups and families - we had no noise issues!. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back in future. Well done Quality Hotel, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review. We remember your particular group and you were an absolute pleasure to cater for. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time in the hotel and in West Cork. We hope to see you back again in the future.