“Fantastic management and staff, food and service excellent”

Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Galway, Ireland
“Fantastic management and staff, food and service excellent”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Myself and my girlfriend booked in late Tuesday night, on Wednesday morning my partner suddenly took I'll And the response of the staff and general manager David and Tom and Miriam was fantastic and such professionals. Unfortunately my girlfriend was Kept in hospital and so I returned to the quality where I had the chicken goujon in The bar which cooked perfect with decent portion I found it hard to finish And I must say the bar staff and receptionist were extremely friendly and polite by asking after my girlfriend, in the morning it was self serve breakfast which was as good as u get in any 5 star again I have to compliment the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. With everything that was happening I have to highly recommend that staying in the quality is quality, it is priceless bonus to know that the staff and manager David go that extra mile to ensure they can help u and as I am a chef which we are critical there is absolutely nothing that I could criticise only thank them again for their kindness and help.

• Stayed October 2013
iocallaghan, Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback and we hope your partner has made a full recovery. When a guest falls ill it can be traumatic and we try to do all that we can to help in such a situation. We remember your particular stay and it was lovely to hear such complimentary feedback. We hope you will think of returning again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

While staying here we and another couple book a two bedroom apartment to stay in. The apartment was really clean, tidy, comfy and compact. The only downside was 1 bathroom!! We had a little kitchenette with fridge which came in very handy.
Even though we stayed in the apartments we could use all the hotels amenities. The breakfast buffet had a great selection of hot and cold foods. The bar was a little dated in decorations but served some lovely food. We did find that it is a very family friendly hotel and during the day there are a lot of children running around.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
iocallaghan, Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the apartments. As you mention, they are a great option for having a bit more space, while still enjoying all the benefits of the hotel facilities. We hope you will think of returning again.
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We only stayed in this hotel for one night and from the time of booking with Sinead right up to leaving we were so impressed with the staff.
We got a great welcome, even tough the hotel was very busy with a book launch, the staff at reception, bar and restaurant were all so friendly and lovely.
Great place for families and as this was our first time in Clonakilty we are sure we will stay at this hotel.
We will be back.
Gearoid and Miriam

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
iocallaghan, Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed Clonakilty town and your stay at the hotel. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you are thinking of coming back and we look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed there back in July. We landed in the hotel very early as we had to go to a wedding. The staff on reception couldn't do enough to accommodate us. They were extremely helpful. It's a good location, great facilities and they do an excellent breakfast also. All in all, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
iocallaghan, Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stay at the hotel and that our staff went the "extra mile" to welcome you. The hotel is the perfect base for those attending weddings in the Clonakilty area. We hope you will get the opportunity to return again in the near future.
Kinsale
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We chose this hotel specifically because of the location in Clonakilty on N71 and near the coast roads, with an easy walk to music, shops and town sites. BONUSES included a wonderful leisure centre with a huge pool for all swimming needs, refreshing whirlpool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room to get the joints moving again. The food for the evening meal and breakfast were good quality hotel food. The service was excellent at registration and in the dining room. The Coffee Zone as well as the cinema was next door was an unexpected find with discounted tickets available at the hotel registration. While we did not travel with children, I would especially recommend this Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre to families for the numerous benefits(pool, teen and kid areas, great playground) no matter what the weather is - kids can be well entertained in or outside.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback. Cycling is one of the best ways to see beautiful West Cork and we were delighted to hear that the hotel provided much needed relaxation at the end of your journey. We hope you will consider returning in the future, I am sure you will still find plenty to see and do.
waterford
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hi there

My Husband and I arrived in the quality hotel in Clonakility on Thursday 29th of August for a much needed break away.Check in was very fast by a lovely courteous Lady at reception.The Hotel is beautiful and very well maintained.Our Bedroom was lovely and spacious I believe it was a family room with a double and 2 single beds and everything you need in the room.

Breakfast was lovely great selection and again the staff were fantastic and it was great to see local staff.The leisure centre was fantastic,Its an absolutely great hotel to bring kids to ,there is so much for them to do.Its only a short stroll into town .Now I suppose you are wondering why if everything is amazing that I didnt give it top marks.

Well the reason being is on one evening we dined there, while we were served dessert the waitress came and handed us our bill.I was really taken aback at this.I have been in catering for 9 years and one of the things you DO NOT DO is hand the patrons the bill without them having asked for it.Did they think we were going to do a runner.Hardly seeing as we were staying there and they had already asked for our room no.

I was so disgusted by this that I was going to just rate it 2 stars then I thought that wouldnt be fair on the staff or the other good things about this hotel but it really left a sour taste in my mouth.I did say it to the supervisor who said the Manager( I think his name is David) wanted it done like this,Why, I cant imagine. IT IS VERY RUDE DAVID

Room Tip: I wouldnt recommend Dining here because of what Ive already said,though the food was quite nice
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel. In relation to your issue in the restaurant, please accept our apologies. As you mention this would not be considered standard or mannerly practice and we have reviewed our procedures and adjusted them accordingly. Please be assured there was never any intention to offend, just often customers stay on a package where dinner is included, and don't realise they must still sign off their bill. I hope you will consider returning to the hotel and the stay will be perfect!
Abbeyfeale, Ireland
Reviewed 31 August 2013

spent two nights here with two grandchildren.Kids are so well catered for,pool,activites,food,and in general they are made to feel welcome.The rooms are clean and comfy and the food is very good.The beach is only a few minutes drive away and there is a lovely model railway in the town.

Room Tip: This is a family hotel,not for those looking for a quiet break.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
iocallaghan, Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you and your grandchildren had a fantastic stay. I am sure the next time you come back, there will still be lots more to do and see!