“First stress free family holiday”

Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights with 2 kids under 3. This is truly a family orientated hotel. From the minute we arrived the kids had a ball. We couldn't fit enough into our days. Will be back in August it was that good. The stay was definitely helped by the great weather. Kids loved the soft play area and the outside playpark. Breakfast was good and plentiful and not too busy between 9 & 10. Its a 7-8 min walk to the town and that's enjoyable if you pit stop at a playpark about half way. We were heading to Tenerife if it wasn't for my wee girls passport being out of date. Best bad luck we ever had, great holiday, friendly staff, and a return visit in august we are already looking forward to. Thankyou quality hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just back from a 4 night stay and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. From start to finish we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had two 8 year olds with us and even though the kids club wasn't available in June, they had "the best holiday EVER!!!". The staff are the most friendly and customer orientated I ve meet in a long time and made our stay the more enjoyable. The rooms were cleaned everyday. The on site indoor playroom and adjacent cinema are invaluable for keeping the kids entertained. The pool is a good size and caters for all ages. Food is available till 9pm in the evenings and is reasonably priced. Great service in the bar, and I must give a mention to Donal, who is a "quality" barman. I ve stayed in this hotel on a few occasions and it never fails to impress me. Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 133, which is great for families with older kids. It is on the ground floor and is...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Spent one night here and must say very positive. Easy to find and though we arrived early we were still checked in. Rooms were spacious and welcoming with all mod cons-even a fridge which I have never witnessed. The only negatives were little shower gel and not enough pillows.
5-10 min stroll into town centre. Staff very nice and helpful. Breakfast was included and was excellent. Would certainly return. Did not use leisure centre so cannot rate.

Room Tip: Breakfast is early 7.30 onwards and the earlier you are there the better as it can be busy later.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Hi just back from quality hotel good hotel very peaceful area , staff good great beach locally called inchadoney , not to busy this time of year but can understand people loving it ,,,, a great relaxing place away from the hustle and bustle.... The hotel had a lot on site to do but kids being kids wanted to go out and about.. Be sure to visit the Michael Collins statue and the house he lived at for 2 years also on the way in to clon as they call it locally take a picture of the ford model car that was famous locally by Henry ford .

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TAXIBLOG
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is a bit 90's. And as per all the other reviews, its a hotel for families. There are kids in the bar and in reception and at the breakfast room. I was alone, but I would like to come back her with my children some day.

The wifi didn't work in my room and so the staff moved me to a room closer to reception. I appreciated this as I needed the wifi for work. They were very apologetic about the wifi not working and offered to help me move all my stuff.

I thought that the cinema deal was a great idea. For €14 (I think it was) you got a main course in the bar and a cinema ticket to the cinema on the grounds. This was really novel and I enjoyed it. There was a limited menu to choose from and my fish goujons weren't the best, but I was hungry and ate them anyway!

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was a bit disappointing. The selection wasn't great. I had a cooked breakfast and thankfully the pudding lived up to its Clonakilty reputation. There were was very little choice to be honest though.

Enjoyed my stay and would like to come back with my kids.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights and can only say they were very efficient but there was a lack of personality. The staff need to be trained to smile and learn how to communicate socially with residents.
Food was excellent.
This hotel because of its facilities is very much a family hotel (as other reviews show) and we found it very noisy, so it was not possible to have a quiet evening meal.
Would stay again but might look what other hotels are on offer first.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert W
iocallaghan, Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. While you seem to have enjoyed your overall stay, we were surprised to hear your comments relating to the staff. They are normally praised for their friendliness and I can only apologise if this was not what you experienced during your stay. We will remind them of the importance of going the "extra mile with a smile" for the customer. It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed the food at the hotel, when dining in the bar, it can be busy, however the extension area of the restaurant is normally reserved for adults only and this may have been more suitable for you. We hope you will consider staying in the hotel again, should you decide to return to West Cork.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really an excellent hotel for children, with an indoor swimming pool, indoor and outdoor play areas, cinema, etc. Also has a wonderful fitness centre, which was important to me as a fitness enthusiast. The hotel as a variety of accommodations--rooms in the main building, and holiday homes and townhouses across the street. We stayed in a 3-bedroom holiday home with 6 beds and really enjoyed it.

If you have children, I think you will be hard pressed to find a place they will like more in southern Ireland. However, if you are driving around Ireland quite a bit, be aware that Clonakilty is in the southern part of County Cork, and it takes a good 40 minutes to get back to Cork itself.

Again, I thought it was a brilliant property. My only "complaint" was that the wi-fi was limited to the main lobby area. It was free of charge, but because we stayed across the street, I only used the internet twice during a 5 night stay. Otherwise--worth a visit.

Room Tip: The holiday homes are the way to travel if you have multiple children. Much more spacious even than...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and all that Clonakilty town has to offer. The large fitness centre was added in the last 5 years, so it uses the latest machines and technology. It is a long term objective to extend the free wifi to the holiday homes/apartments, however for the moment it is only available in the hotel bedrooms and common areas. We hope you will plan a return trip in the future.