“Definitely will not stay here again!!!!”

Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Stayed at this hotel with my 2 sons as we were attending a football match the following day close by. Booked the hotel on line and arrived around 8:30 pm only to discover that we had been allocated a wheelchair accessable room. The bathroom reminded me of the public toilets in Supermacs!!! It's a great facility for a hotel to have but does the bathroom have to look so dreadful and unappealing? I should have been informed when I was contacted, by phone, by the hotel to confirm my reservation that this was the only room available- I would definitely have booked elsewhere. The room only rate was also quite expensive. I did not think that it was a good deal for the area like I was told by one of the duty managers when I asked if we could be moved. Decided to make the best of the night after being told that the hotel was completely full and no other room was available so we went to the restaurant to have dinner, very average food - definitely nothing special. Our room was opposite the bar which had a loud band playing till around midnight so there was no chance of sleep until they finished. Our sleep was constantly disturbed by the sound of children crying in other rooms during the night- I never mind being woken up by my own children but I certainly don't expect my sleep to be disturbed by other children in a hotel!!! Even my 2 boys couldn't wait to get out of the hotel in the morning. I did lodge a complaint with a very nice receptionist before we left who indicated to me that someone would phone me but as of yet I haven't received any phone call. This indicates to me that the hotels attitude is that they have my money and thats all that matters. This place may be great for families but my family certainly didn't enjoy anything about this experience. We difinitely won't be back nor will we reccommend the Quality Hotel in Clonakility to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
iocallaghan, Sales & Marketing Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2009

Thank you for your comments. My sincere apologies that a member of management was not informed to contact you. Please be assured all guests of the hotel are valued, not only for their business but for preserving the reputation of the hotel as a provider of excellent service & value.

We are disappointed with your comments relating to the room you were allocated for your stay. Our wheelchair accessible rooms are identical to our standard rooms which are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness & are equipped with every convenience. Naturally however, they are also equipped to be accessible for wheelchair users. We do not feel in any way whatsoever that the bathroom fittings would be representative of “Supermac’s” toilets, but are simply equipped with wheelchair accessible fittings which tend to have a standard appearance.

Finally entertainment is provided in Oscar’s Bar for families over the summer holidays. This is an important attraction for families and is always strictly monitored & finishes between 11.30pm – 12.00pm. I hope I have addressed your observations & that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind regards

Irene O’Callaghan
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2009

Excellent set-up here for families. We chose to stay in a 2-bed apartment as we have 3 children under 4. The hotel provided 2 cots no problem. Very good facilities: toddler pool, indoor play area, outdoor play area, and very good facilities for older children and teenagers too. Brilliant restaurant facilities, the only time I've ever seen a special carvery-style counter for the kids to go up and see all the food and choose whatever they want. Our only complaint is that we were given an upstairs apartment, and weren't told this when we booked, only when we checked in. With a 1 year old and a 2 year old this was a bit of a pain.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SWTipp
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We stayed for 3 nights and would have stayed longer but they were full. With 4 children ages ranging from 10 down to 3 we needed a hotel that catered for all of them, the Quality Hotel in Clonakilty ticked all the boxes. The Kids Kamp was ideal from 11am to 3pm for the 3 eldest and the 3year old loved the Jungle Gym, the staff 'Big Kids' were very good and actually played with the kids, after kids club the Teen Zone was a massive hit with the WII's and Playstations, my 10year old couldn't believe his luck. We went to the cinema on our last night and saw Ice Age 2. We had dinner in the restaurant the 3 nights and the steaks were the nicest we've had in a long time. The children were served by a chef at the carvery and could eat as much as they wanted and were all made feel very important. Overall we had a great stay, the children had a ball and didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Had heard this place was not great but booked it because it was on SuperValue special breaks scheme. Were staying overnight before, and again after, a local wedding. Found the hotel fine for our purpose and decent value. While there is nothing spectacular about the place it's fine with good facilities - probably best suited to families.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I am just back from a stay in the quality and had organised a group of 24 people to go down there. From first contact to our departure the staff were unbelieveably accomodating, generous and good natured. Booking for this size of a group was done so efficiently and any request i had was accomodated with ease. the rooms were spotlessly clean and the lobby area beautiful.
I want to give a particular mention to both the reception staff and the night door men who went out of their way to be extremely helpful without being overbearing. Thank you so much you really made our stay a pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2009
iocallaghan, Sales & Marketing Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2009

Many thanks for taking the time to write your feedback. It is much appreciated and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Irene O'Callaghan
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2009

Myself, my husband and our son, aged 2 yrs and 6 months recently stayed here. On arrival the staff were very efficient and we were given a ground floor room with a baby cot as requested. Also it was at the end of a corridor so there was no traffic passing our door. The rooms and public areas of the hotel were very clean. Also the Leisure Centre was very clean. We used the swimming pool the next day and it wasn't too busy. The first evening we ate in the Bar and couldn't fault the food. There was music in the Bar but we didn't stay for it. The breakfast is buffet style, with fresh toast and coffee served to your table. The second night the hotel organised a babysitter, who was a local girl. We ate in the restaurant from the A la Carte Menu which was excellent. There was a good atmosphere in the bar as there was a live musician again. The staff are a credit to this hotel, nothing is too much trouble. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families with children as there is plenty for them to do and they are well catered for.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
iocallaghan, Sales & Marketing Manager at Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2009

Please accept our thanks for taking the time to write and post this review. Your feedback is much appreciated and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay in the hotel. We hope you will return and check out our new childrens facilities from May 1st!

Reviewed 31 March 2009

This is a fantastic family stay hotel. Great kids facilities and in May will have teenager facilities such as wii and ps3's. The staff are some of the nicest I have come across and will answer any question you might have. The breakfast was lovely even though it was buffet, they really had the food nice.

It is not the best hotel we have ever stayed in, but it is one of the best value hotels we have stayed in. The room was very comfortable with everything you expect in a room.

We will defientely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple