“Definitely will be back, Fab stay!”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Definitely will be back, Fab stay!”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We recently stayed at the Spa and were greeted with a very warm welcome. The room we were in had a fantastic view of the beach and a lovely balcony. The room itself was spotless and spacious bathroom. Coffee maker in the room for a lovely coffee when outlooking on to the beach! Very child friendly, pool times for kids 10:30-12:30 and then again a later time too. Maybe an earlier time would be handy for early waking kids but just a thought. Breakfast all very fresh and bar food very good. A ver relaxing stay, Enjoy!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BelfastGCL
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear BelfastGCL

Thank you for your kind comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel soon. We have restricted hours for children in the pool as we feel this accommodates all of our guests from families to those travelling without children.

we do hope to see you soon
Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Miami
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The area is beautiful, you will definitely appreciate all the beauty in the landscape.
In summary it is a great location to stay, but if you are planning for a nice quiet vacation it is not going to be what you expected, there are many, many families with kids. The spa is ok and hotel rooms are ok too, definitely not a 5 star that you are paying for. The hotel should pay more attention to their hallways and social areas that need renovation,in fact my husband and I were going to stay 2 nights and we decided to leave a day earlier after we saw the property and all the noise. I had requested a room with a nice view and they first gave me a room with almost no view and view of the restaurant terrace only, we did get moved but still not n excellent view of the water.The restaurant is really good, that was a wonderful experience.

By the way... If you are allergic to bee stings like me, take your epipen with you, there were more bees than birds in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear claudia007

Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed to hear that you didnt enjoy your stay with us. We strive to exceed expectations and clearly on this occassion we let you down. Again, my apologies for this.

I have passed on your comments to the rest of the team and we will certainly be working on the issues highlighted. We do welcome children to the hotel, however generally we feel that this is a well managed area with a specific Lounge for kids and limited pool hours, again Im sorry that you didnt feel this was the case.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, it is only through constant review that we can improve our service and exceed expectations.

Hampshire
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Setting is glorious, staff very helpful, friendly and welcoming. Delicious breakfast made even more enjoyable by the stunning views over the sea and glorious beach. Pool was wonderful. A very relaxing, restorative place to be.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HampshireLily
Dear HampshireLily

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again very soon.

kind regards
Ireland
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here back in 2009 with my wife and we had a wonderful weekend, perfect! We went back again recently with our two children and were surprised at how the hotels previously high standards have slipped somewhat alarmingly.

The thing is it wouldn't take that much to fix, clean the windows, give the hotel a lick of paint especially the residents lounge, clean the gutters, clean the extractor fans in the bathrooms. I asked my wife for one word to describe the hotel and she said "Shabby", I'm inclined to agree with her.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear TPO1

Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed to read that you didnt enjoy your stay as much as in previous times. I have taken note of the issues you mentioned and can assure you that these will be dealt with by the relevant departments.

Again, my apologies and I do hope that you might return to Inchydoney again for a more memorable stay with us.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I traveled to Inchydoney on my own for a few days and the first thing that struck me about the hotel is the location, the view of the beach is breath taking. As soon as I walked into the hotel I felt very welcome, the staff are very friendly and have clearly had excellent customer service training. I was brought to my room which was perfectly clean and I had an amazing view from my balcony. I visited the spa which is lovely, although I didn't think the treatments were spectacular.

The food in the bar is very very tasty and they were more than willing to facilitate what I, and other customers, wanted i.e. dairy free, vegan, gluten free etc. The room service menu is limited but the service and quality of food was very good. I expected a lot for breakfast but was not very impressed by the variety of what was available. That is the only negative thing I have to say about this hotel.

Overall my stay was very comfortable and enjoyable. I have been back to visit since and when I walk in the staff know who I am and I left after each stay with a yummy jar of homemade jam. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Schnucs
Dear Schnucs

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments, I am delighted to see that you have become a regular visitor to Inchydoney.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2011

we stayed for a week in the self catering apartments.
it all looked great on the website but when we arrived we found the apartment to be more like a student flat. Dirty smeared windows ruining what is actually a great view out to sea and beach. All surfaces grubby and grimy - kitchen gross and needing a deep clean. Rubbish hob and grill, wonky kettle, disgusting extractor fan, hanging wires off intercom, stained carpets, smelled unclean.
Dirty crockery and cutlery and cupboards.
Dunes pub food overprices and poor quality in again dirty surroundings.
Spa/pool ok but in need of refurbishment and modernisation.
We complained - took 2 days for windows to be cleaned.
Got different crockery and cutlery just put back into dirty cutlery drawer and cupboard - so we just put everything through the dishwasher which was not washing properly by the end of the week.
we voiced all our dissatisfactions and were told "that should not be happening" - wondered if the hotel staff really understood what was happening on the self catering side.
Don't go.
We stayed our last night of the holiday in a lovely and refreshingly clean B&B near the airport.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank emma j
Dear emma j

I understand that one of our team has been in contact with you regarding your comments and your experience at Inchydoney. I am sorry that you didnt enjoy your Inchydoney Experience and I hope that we can resolve any issues

Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I decided to really spoil my boyfriend for his 31st birthday so I booked two nights at Inchydoney. I had been to the hotel and spa before and absolutely loved it so I knew we were in for a treat! We arrived much later than expected on the Sunday night as a result of the Kilkenny/Tipp match traffic, which we hadn't even considered before leaving. We were greeted with a glass of Irish Mist by a cosy fire at reception and when we were ready, were shown to our room, where a bottle of red wine and handmade chocolates awaited us.....definitely the quickest way to my heart.....We had a few drinks in the residents lounge and had an early night. The following morning after a fabulous breakfast we went for a walk along the beach by the hotel and then went for a swim in the hotel pool. We both had the Muscle Melt massage which I must say was absolutely divine (thanks to Sarah Jane!) That evening we booked dinner in the hotels Gulf Stream restaurat. We had the most delicious 5 course meal for just 58 euro each. I had foie gras and sea bass, my boyfriend, who is a chef himself, had the rabbit and the skate and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meals which were cooked to perfection. We had cocktails in the residents lounge after the meal and decided then and there to stay an extra night! The following day we hopped into the car and went into Clonakilty, Roscarbery, Glandore, Union Hall, Castletownshend, Skibbereen and Baltimore. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking! We returned to the hotel, had a swim and sauna and decided to treat ourselves to dinner in the restaurant again. The food as before was second to none and excellent value for money and the service was top class. We had a nightcap in the residents lounge yet again and retired for the night. The following day we didn't want to leave but alas, all good things must come to an end. Thanks so much to all the management and staff of Inchydoney Island for making our stay so special, relaxing and memorable, we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lou0082
Inchydoney, Manager at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear Lou0082

I am delighted to read your lovely comments, thank you. I have passed on your praise to the rest of the team here.

We do hope to welcome you both back again soon, maybe you could drop some hints for your own birthday!!

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!