Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
US$134
US$159
US$149
Agoda.com
Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre(Clonakilty)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$135
Munster Arms(Bandon)
US$123
2,235 results
All reviewsgulfstream restaurantdunes barresidents loungeirish mistrelaxation roomsea watergulf stream restaurantwelcome drinksalt waterrelaxation areaturn down serviceinchydoney islandwalnut breadon arrivalnespresso machinemain restaurantcrab claws
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Spent one night in the Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa recently during a bad storm and some promised flooding. Despite the horrible weather it was a most enjoyable visit. We were welcomed on arrival by a big friendly Cork smile and two drams of whiskey to warm us up. The manager on duty, Peter, was passing by and introduced himself offering his services should we need anything and after a few minutes in front of the open fire we were shown to our room. A balcony with a view of the beach and the stormy sea beyond lent to the cosy atmosphere in luxurious decor.

The hotel is a sprawling array of corridors, random rooms and big windows facing the sea. One particularly great room in the hotel is The Lounge next to the Gulfstream Restaurant. This is a warm and tranquil room full of comfy couches, a library with a large variety of reading materials, a grand piano, a bar and a big open fire perfect for an evening of indulgent relaxation.

We also used the pool and Spa facilitates during our stay. The relaxation rooms are definitely a must even if you are not using the Spa itself. You can sit in silence and read, doze or just stare into the distance to the sea beyond the two storey windows.

I would recommend visiting the Gulfstream restaurant whether you are staying the night or just visiting for the day. While the prices are high, the quality of the food is wonderful and the portions are just right. We sampled a selection of homemade breads which were absolutely delicious and I was encouraged to ask if we could purchase a loaf. Having ordered starters we were then presented with a surprise amuse-bouche and in between starter and main a palate cleanser of blackberry sorbet which was me sorted for dessert! The mains were absolutely mouth watering and our waiter was extremely friendly and helpful.

Overall this hotel is a rare treat in a most beautiful part of the country and should you ever get the time or the opportunity I would definitely recommend a stay. The little personal touches like the homemade chocolates on your pillows and the jar of homemade jam on departure truly make it a special place to visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank LollLee
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Dear LollLee

Firstly, it was our pleasure to welcome you to Inchydoney. Thank you so much for writing such a beautifully written review with so many positive aspects. We pride onselves on our friendly staff and I'm delighted you received such a warm welcome from both Peter and the Reception team.

We are very lucky to have so many wonderful food producers in the area, which allows us to always have a large selection of fresh, seasonal produce and I'm delighted you enjoyed the Gulfstream Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa in 2012.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We had a girls weekend there recently are from the moment of our arrival until we left we felt pampered. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The views from the rooms were fabulous and the food in the Gulfstream restaurant and in the bar was delicious. The only reason I deducted a star was that I felt the decor in the restaurant lacked the same feeling of warmth as the rest of the hotel and it would have been nice to have a dark relaxation room. also the treatments were quite pricey. but truly I would recommend it to all my friends. We all felt totally relaxed and rejuvenated after the weekend

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear Ammo1Ireland

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It was our pleasure to welcome you to Inchydoney and we were delighted you all left feeling pampered, relazed and rejuvenated.

We veru much hope we get the opportunity of welcoming you back in 2012.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed one night last year and it was an average night at best. Parking was a nightmare as it seems the hotel lets anyone park here. Then we checked in and the hotel is lovely but our room was ground level into the car park. It was also decorated in very dark shades and was covered in dust. The area is beautiful but id go at a quieter time. If you want a really special beach side hotel go to the Cliff House in ardmor. Now thats a special place!

Room Tip: ask not to be on the ground floor!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babydoll27
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear babydoll27

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience however I am disappointed at some of your comments. I note that you stayed with us last year and would be concerned that we are only learning of the issues now. We try wherever possible, to deal with any requirements and feedback during a guests stay, so that we can ensure your experience with us is a great one.

We strive to achieve both best in service and standards and clearly on this occasion you were disappointed. I have taken your feedback to the rest of the team and the relevant departments so that we can work on the areas outlined.

I understand that you had an issue with parking during your stay. We have complimentary parking for all our guests and during busy times, we man the carpark to ensure that our guests and customers can access this area. There are however, also 2 public car parks near the hotel which are open to all.

I would be delighted if you would consider returning to Inchydoney in the future and would be delighted if you contacted my office directly so that I can ensure that your next visit exceeds your expectations in all areas.

With kind regards

Proprietor

Reviewed 28 November 2011

What a slice of heaven...Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa is the perfect relaxing holiday in Ireland! My husband and I enjoyed 4 days of complete relaxation in this lovely lodge & spa. I booked dinner our first night in the Gulfstream Restaurant and it was delightful! The menu is out of this world...so fresh and so many options to choose from. My husband had the Irish beef and I tried the venison...did not disappoint! The wine selection is incredible. Everything was simply wonderful! Breakfast each morning was delicious...so many items again to choose from and so fresh! The setting...looking over the beach and ocean is so lovely. We took advantage of the fitness room and pool. The fitness room is a bit small but met our needs during this trip. The relaxing rooms are a lovely touch with excellent views of the sea. They do get busy on the weekends. Our room was very nice with a view overlooking the beach and ocean. It was so nice to open the sliding glass door and listening to the waves each night. We ventured into Clonakilty for lunch and dinner on two separate occasions and had excellent meals in the town. I booked an afternoon tea for one day in the lodge and it was divine complete with champagne. The residents lounge is a nice feature and is sooooo quiet. A nice spot to read, relax, have a drink, enjoy lunch or tea. All the facitilies are on the third floor so you are able to walk in your robe to the spa without entering the lobby...again a really nice feature. The staff was nothing but helpful from the moment we arrived. We also enjoyed a drink and a meal in Dunes Pub and again the food and staff are excellent. We took advantage of the 2 nice days of weather and walked the beach several times. There is a buzz even in November on the beach with folks out with their dogs and lots of surfers in the sea. This was exactly what we were hoping for...a relaxing getaway and just a few hours from Galway. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room with an sea view! Delightful!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Calerence

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted you enjoyed the food while you were here, both in the Gulfstream Restaurant, Dunes Pub & Bistro and breakfast each morning. In West Cork, we are very lucky and very spoiled with all the wonderful, local food suppliers we have.

The Lounge is our hidden gem and I was pleased that you enjoyed Afternoon Tea there and that you found it so relaxing.

We are very lucky to have such stunning views overlooking the Blue Flag beach of Inchydoney - come rain or sun its is always spectacular.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team, who were thrilled to read such a glowing review and look forward to welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Myself and my husband stayed in the hotel for a weeeknd recently and were really very impressed with the level of service provided all across the hotel. It is very rare to recieve such a high service level consistently across all sectors of the hotel. We have styed in lots of 'good' hotels over the years but what differentiates Inchydoney from the others is the way you feel like a valued customer. In agreement with the other reviewers there is much to do within the hotel, it has access striaght out onto the beach, the food is good, the lounge area is a hidden gem, and Clonakilty village is lovely to stroll around on a Saturday. But what will bring us back again is the service. Well done to all concerned.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear IrishFreckles11

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review on Trip Advisor.

At Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa we pride ourselves on our service and staff and I am delighted you were impressed with the high level of service provided across the hotel and that we made you feel like the valued customer that you are.

We are very lucky in West Cork to have such a choice of wonderful food suppliers and I was delighted you found our food good and enjoyed our Lounge.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa in the near future.

Proprietor