“Relaxing at it's best”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have been going to Inchydoney for 9 years and it still excites us whenever we return. The staff and their service is second to none and the views are forever changing. It is the most tranquil place to spend a few days away from the real World.

Room Tip: Choose the even numbers on the 3rd floor as they face the setting sun!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear John

Firstly, thank you for choosing to return to Inchydoney again and it is always our pleasure to welcome you back.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am delighted that you had a nice stay with us, away from the "real world". I am particulary delighted that you make reference to the staff here as they are really our best asset. I will pass on your comments to them all.

I very much hope you will make the return trip from the UK very soon.

There are newer reviews for Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Lovely atmosphere in this hotel, staff are warm and friendly, you are always greeted with a smile. Add to that great food, fabulous rooms, a stunning sea water pool and two enormous beaches-- it was hard to leave! Free WiFi, Sky Sports in rooms, all in all a most relaxing few days.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary B

Dear Mary

Many thanks for your lovely comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Inchydoney. It was our pleasure looking after you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Fantastic bar food on the first night followed on the second night by one of the best meals i've ever eaten in the gulfstream restaurant. Friendly experienced staff. stunning location for strolls on the beach. If want to retreat into a hotel-land love bubble then inchadoney is the place to go.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mike

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Inchydoney. I will pass on your comments to the other members of the team, especially Head Chef, Adam Medcalf, I am sure they will be very happy to hear such nice comments.

I very much hope you will have the opportunity of returning in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was our first time in Inchydoney. I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend and I wanted somewhere special. We couldn't of picked a more perfect place. From the moment we arrived we were blown away with with how friendly, and efficient the staff were. The room was amazing, with stunning views of the beach. The Staff helped with me with the planning of the whole thing to make this a romantic week to remember. Atmosphere was warm, friendly and very relaxing, The gulfstream restaurant was a pleasure to eat in. Overall, I would recommmend (in fact we already have) Inchydoney to family and friends. We hope to return soon. Such happy memories. Thank you so much to all the staff....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Glennfallon

Thank you so much for choosing Inchydoney to propose to your girlfriend and it was our pleasure to give you any help you needed. I was delighted to read that we helped you to create happy memories.

Our staff are our biggest asset and I was delighted you took the time to praise them - I have passed on your kind comments to all the team.

Chef was delighted to read your kind comments about the food.

I would like to wish you both, on behalf of the team at Inchydoney, a long and happy life together.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

From the time we arrived, my wife and four children we were made very welcome from the receptionists (all excellent) to the staff in the pool, breakfast to the young girl doing the hoovering in the lobby, i've never seen customer care as good in all my travels. We enjoyed lunch at Dunes Bar & Restaurant, the manager and staff all alert and friendly....food, cant say enough.
I'm not one for writing about how our stay was but i must admit i really wanted to write and let the owners know how good their staff were and out of 10 I would give them a 12.
I have no hesitation in saying that we will be back, and i look forward to seeing your staff with big smiles - with welcome written all over their face...A big Thank You from Ruth & Des.

Room Tip: Ideal for for a family with four kids, we had the adjoining room...where you have privacy for a coup...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Desmond O

Dear Ruth & Des

Thank you for your lovely comments. It is clear you and your family fully appreciated the Inchydoney Experience. We are very proud of our location and the service we provide.

I am really grateful that you took the time to share your thoughts on your visit with me. I always appreciate feedback and very much hope you and the family will return again soon.

Yours sincerley

Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Inchydoney hotel and spa is very warm and welcoming, the staff were brilliant couldn't do enough for you. The food both in the bar and restaurant was gorgeous, and the treatments speak for themselves a little piece of heaven. We will definitly return for another weekend break.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear K2012

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Inchydoney and hope to see you again with us in the future.

Kind regards

Proprietor

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Having travelled around the world staying in luxury accommodation, Inchydoney Lodge & Spa is a home away from home. The professionalism of the staff and the warmth of the customer service makes you feel special from the moment you check in with a welcome drink.

Julie, the Manager, has always time to stop and say hello and make sure everything is of a high standard. We have been going there on family holidays twice a year for the last decade and it continues to surpass our high expectations with every visit. The food in the Dunes Bar/Restaurant is second to none.

The Spa has to be experienced whether just to relax in the seawater pool with it's various jacuzzis and water jets to relax those tired aching muscles or, sample the many treatments that Inchydoney Spa has to offer by highly-trained therapists.

We have recommneded Inchydoney Lodge & Spa to family and friends and all have come back to us with amazing experiences and booked in again for longer.

You won't be disappointed with any aspect of your stay here. They may not have control over the weather but, having to retire to the library for afternoon tea and scones or go to the spa isn't a bad option when you're looking for shelter.

This is a destination for couples and families alike. Every room has a panoramic view of the ocean. Whether it's romance, R&R or both, Inchydoney Lodge & Spa ticks all the boxes. I can't speak highly enough of the staff. They make our stays so memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean-view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Lynda

Firstly, Lynda, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely and comprehensive review following your recent stay.

I've passed on your kind words to Julie its lovely to hear such great comments about our staff, they are our biggest asset and its great to see them being recognised and praised. I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

We are very lucky in West Cork to have such an abundance of wonderful food and food suppleirs on our door step and I was delighted to read you enjoyed the food both in the Restaurant and Dunes. Chef will be delgithed with the feedback.

You are so right, our sea water pool and spa have to be experienced to be believed and I'm delighted you found them relaxing.

I very much hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#7 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!