“Best hotel I have stayed at.”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Cork
“Best hotel I have stayed at.”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I cannot fault this hotel. The service was impeccable. The women at reception, the young man who showed us to our room, bar staff and entertainment in Dunes bar, the lady who came to our room with chocolates, waitress at breakfast, bar man in lounge, reception in spa, everyone went out of their way to provide us with 5 star service. And we were not special guests, I would assume everyone gets the same service. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. And for what we got, well worth the money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Tara B

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review & for your wonderful compliments. I am most grateful. I'm delighted that you received the real 'Inchydoney Experience' during your stay & that it was so memorable for you.

I have passed your compliments onto all departments, thank you, they will be delighted.

I hope we see you again soon & thank you once again.

Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I received a day at the spa and afternoon tea for three as a Graduation present and am already saving up to go back again asap! I certainly didn't make the most out of the day! With access to the amazing indoor sea-water pool, sauna, steam room, two relaxation rooms, various luxurious skin treatments dotted around the spa, magazines and the most delicious teas, juices and fruit on top of a beauty treatment AND afternoon tea, three hours there definitely didn't cut it! Thinking I might stay on longer in the relaxation room and skip the afternoon tea, I am so glad I didn't in hindsight. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and the portions just enough not to mention the stunning room it was set in. All this overlooking the ocean and for €65 each, it doesn't get any better than that!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Laura M

I would like to thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor on your experience at the Spa & having Afternoon Tea with your friends. I'm delighted you had such a lovely time here & that you are saving up for a return. Keep an eye on our Facebook & Twitter pages to see Spa offers etc. for your next visit.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea. People from afar to have Afternoon Tea here. It really is a scrumptious treat.

Thank you once again & we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Listowel, Ireland
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Apart from being one of the most stunningly beautiful places to stay, the customer service in this hotel is superb. From the warmth experienced from the reception staff on arrival, to the welcomed delivery of homemade chocolates to our room each night, it was beyond question a splendid weekend away. In particular, the assistant manager of the Dunes Pub & Bistro 'Philip' was ever so accommodating and truly epitomises what impeccable customer service is. I look forward to my next visit.

Dear Julieann L

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I'm delighted that you had such a lovely stay with us. I have passed your compliments onto Philip, I'm sure he will be delighted. He is a very valued member of staff.

Thank you once again & I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel on Thursday 12th September and would rate it as one of the best hotels I've stayed in. The warm welcome I received on arrival set the scene for a lovely break. My room was amazing with a lovely view of the sea and beach from the balcony. I would give the food 10 our of 10. All in all, I would describe it as "heaven on earth". I left refreshed and with a wish to return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Take the advice of the staff
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Molly B

Many thanks for such a lovely written review of your stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time here with us & that we made it memorable for you & that you enjoyed your warm welcome & the food so much. And yes, our views are stunning.

Thank you once again & I hope we see you again soon. We would love to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have stayed in many of Ireland's finest hotels but our experience at Inchydoney made us want to live there! From the moment we walked into this hotel we were treated so well. Staff were amazing in every area of this Hotel & Spa. All the little extras at Inchydoney make it a truely memorable stay, from a complimentary drink on arrival to a coffee machine and water in the rooms, there were too many to mention. We would recommend everyone to stay here at least once in your lifetime! We will be back...

Room Tip: We stayed in a "normal" room and it was great. Clean, quiet, comfortable. I can only imagi...
Dear Fiona K

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review on Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. Thank you for your compliments, I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us. We believe in making our guest's stay a memorable time for them & hope that it makes a special occasion more special.

Thank you once again & I really hope you will come to see us again.

Courtmacsherry
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is close to home so we did not stay, but we had an excellent meal at 22.95 each for main course and about the same for a good bottle of wine. We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality and presentation of the meal. Good ambience, service and great views.

Dear relaxedlocal

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your lovely review on TripAdvisor. I am most grateful and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Please don't be a stranger & we really hope to see you here again to dine with us.

Kindest Regards,
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I keep returning, as a single guest, as a couple and with friends. What more do I need to say? A very special place, you cannot beat the seawater pool and all those jets to massage away life's stresses. The peace n quiet is blissful, the bar food is excellent. Almost don't want to recommend it so I can keep it to myself!! Enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Kate N

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you love coming back here time & time again and we love having you.

Hope to see you again soon.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!