“Beautiful view”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have been to Inchydoney in august, the location is just fantastic, by the beach and next to the surf place.
I stayed in a really nice room but just opposite to my room was a suite, which I had a chance to see when the cleaners was there cleaning. Is absolutely beautiful, next time Im there I will take the suite.
The food I had was fine but I think the menu could be a bit better.

Room Tip: The suites are the most beautiful and spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear AleGlobetrotter

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much & the views from your room. Yes our suites are most luxurious & I would definitely recommend you stay in one on your next visit.

Thank you once again & we are really looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

All the staff are so friendly and helpful. Julie welcomed us as long lost friends and although we had to wait for our room to be cleaned after a large wedding party "slept in " it was well worth the wait.
The dining experience in the Gulfstream Restaurant is definitely "Fine Dining" which is unusual in a hotel situation.
Having been guests for nearly 10 years we do not expect to stop in the forseable future even though we now have to fly in from Oxford instead of driving down from Kilaloe!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing West gives superb sunsets to enjoy a glass or two of you favourite tipple
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear John H

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are delighted to welcome you back so regularly. I will pass your compliments onto Julie. Thank you for returning to us even thought you are now in the UK. We are so honoured that you keep coming back to us when you can & that you receive a true Inchydoney Experience on each visit.

Thank you once again for your review & for choosing Inchydoney. We really hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I travel to this hotel as often as I can, and I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience there. From food to staff everything is superior, the pool and spa are breath taking its the perfect oasis to unwind from your busy lifestyle..... Ps the cashel blue cheese tartlets they serve in dunes bar are to die for.

Room Tip: Their all beautiful
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lorraine H

Wow I loved your review. I'm delighted to welcome you back so regularly & that you know that our service & standards are consistent. I'm delighted to hear that. I will pass your lovely comments onto our staff.

Thank you once again & keep coming to us. We love welcoming you back every time.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had been to inchydoney in march for my hen. We stayed in the apartments which were fabulous. I returned with my husband last weekend as a birthday present for him. We had a fabulous stay. Food in dunes was excellent and good value for what we got. Lounge was lovely for a quiet drink and to sit and read the paper. We had a spa treatment and afternoon tea which we really enjoyed. Overall we had a great weekend and will definitely return.

Dear Fiona170

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Congratulations on your wedding. Thank you for choosing Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa as your destination for your husband's birthday. I'm glad that you had such a lovely time at you hen here that you decided to return so soon.

Thank you once again & I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Location location location. Set in between two stunning beaches which can be explored at low tide, the views are stunning and plenty of activities to be enjoyed closeby such as surfing.

As for the hotel itself, The Gulfstream restaurant is excellent. Food was top drawer, plentiful and service was very impressive. The Dunes restaurant we found pretty expensive for what it was, especially for the lunch options. Seats generally were not overly comfortable and bit cramped but the food was tasty all the same.

The Spa was very comfortable and treatments were enjoyed albeit the temperature of the rooms were slightly cold for our liking. Unfortunately another long wait was encountered here due to late arrival of prior spa guest. I believe hotels have to get more strict on this and take the time off the guest who is late rather than putting out the individuals who have shown up on time as planned.

Snooker room was a lovely touch to relax in before dinner. The lounge is highly impressive and for me was the most enjoyable part of the hotel. Beautiful sofas, ideal ambience with easy listening music in background creating just the right atmosphere for a quiet break as was intended. I must highly commend the young barman who catered for us excellently during our stay. It is so long since we stayed here his name is now lost on me, but if all staff at hotels in this country were as professional in their approach to guests as this individual we would all have a more pleasant experience for sure. Kudos here

Overall recommended and would return only for a good deal, however I do believe that there is much better value out there for spa breaks in Ireland and even that part of the country. 5 star prices for a 4 star hotel

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are facing the sea but if you can choose a south westerly facing one with balcon...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DestAnywhere

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us from the food to the spa & that you found our staff so friendly & professional. Do keep an eye out on our Facebook page & website for special offers.

I will pass your compliments onto the waiters in The Lounge, they will be delighted.

Thank you once again for your review. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Inchydonney island spa and hotel is truly a one of a kind place to visit. The spa and its relaxation facilities are to die-for. The staff could not be more attentive, always checking to make sure we had everything we needed. The food was superb, both at dinner and breakfast, and there was certainly no shortage of food at the breakfast buffet. We asked for a late check-out to revisit the spa on departure day and this was facilitated by staff!! I would highly recommend Inchydonney for a relaxing breakaway treat and I look forward to my next visit!!

Dear Rossmore31

Thank you so much for your very kind review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted you had such a lovely time with us & that you enjoyed the spa so much. We are very proud of the spa which has won several awards & so has our Gulfstream Restaurant. I'm glad you enjoyed it all so much.

Thank you once more & I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Spent our first overnight stay in Inchydoney Island hotel last week & it was amazing. Had previously been there for various day trips & a wedding and it was on my to do list to stay there at some stage. Our room had a view of the beautiful beach & not even the lousy weather took away from it. We ate in the Gulfstream restaurant & the menu was a bit wordy for me but the food was absolutely delicious. We had great fun in the Dunes bar afterwards with the musician who entertained with his banter as much as his guitar playing & singing. Overall for me it was the friendliness of the staff throughout our stay which impressed me. A memorable break away. Only wish it was longer

• Stayed: November 2013
Inchydoney, Manager at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear CatchCork

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for your compliments. I'm delighted you had such an memorable stay with us & that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from your fine dining experience in the Gulfstream Restaurant to our resident musician. I will pass your compliments onto our wonderful friendly staff. They will be delighted.

Thank you again for your lovely review & I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!