“Inchydoney weekend”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Brora Sutherland
“Inchydoney weekend”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I would just like to say what a great hotel.
It was clean and well looked after along with very good staff who would spend time talking to you which in these days is very rare.The food was just stunning both in the bar and in the restaurant upstairs.The guests lounge is very comfy and quiet where afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks are served.
A big well done to all they even heard us talking about why we where there my wife's birthday and we go a nice sing song and a happy birthday message on her desert plate big thank you again.

Iain&Fiona

I

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear anthracnose

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa for your wife's birthday. I'm delighted you both had such a special time here together & that our staff helped to make it more memorable for you. I will pass your lovely compliments onto the staff. They will be delighted.

We really hope that we get the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the future & thank you once again for your very kind review.

Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
monaghan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I had not had a break away together for some time. Our daughter recommended Inchydoney so we decamped there for 4 days in October/ November. We parked our car on arrival and did not start it again until our departure. We completely switched off and had a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable stay. Inchydoney has a lovely unspoiled beach for walking - it is an island - and it has the sense of being totally away- the hotel has beautiful facilities both leisure and accomodation - but its greatest strength is the people who work there. They were everything that we Irish( at our best) are famous for- warmth, friendliness coupled with total efficiency and a commitment to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible down to the finest detail. I am not at all surprised that Inchdoney is so successful We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony which allow a good view of sea. We were towards the front and could hear th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear cswinkell,

Wow - what a wonderful review. I'm thrilled you & your husband had such an amazing time away together & that our staff here helped to make is so enjoyable & memorable. I'll pass on your compliments to them. They will be so pleased. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to us again in the future & thank you once more for your review.

seychelles
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for two nights with a friend as a birthday treat.everyone was soo nice..we had a lovely stay..the spa treatments is just amazing.thanks to all the staffs that where amazing.

Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to other people.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear BeckySeychelles

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much & that you found the spa treatments to be so relaxing.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your kind review.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have been to Inchydoney in august, the location is just fantastic, by the beach and next to the surf place.
I stayed in a really nice room but just opposite to my room was a suite, which I had a chance to see when the cleaners was there cleaning. Is absolutely beautiful, next time Im there I will take the suite.
The food I had was fine but I think the menu could be a bit better.

Room Tip: The suites are the most beautiful and spacious.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear AleGlobetrotter

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much & the views from your room. Yes our suites are most luxurious & I would definitely recommend you stay in one on your next visit.

Thank you once again & we are really looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

All the staff are so friendly and helpful. Julie welcomed us as long lost friends and although we had to wait for our room to be cleaned after a large wedding party "slept in " it was well worth the wait.
The dining experience in the Gulfstream Restaurant is definitely "Fine Dining" which is unusual in a hotel situation.
Having been guests for nearly 10 years we do not expect to stop in the forseable future even though we now have to fly in from Oxford instead of driving down from Kilaloe!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing West gives superb sunsets to enjoy a glass or two of you favourite tipple
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear John H

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are delighted to welcome you back so regularly. I will pass your compliments onto Julie. Thank you for returning to us even thought you are now in the UK. We are so honoured that you keep coming back to us when you can & that you receive a true Inchydoney Experience on each visit.

Thank you once again for your review & for choosing Inchydoney. We really hope to see you again soon.

Dunmanway, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I travel to this hotel as often as I can, and I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience there. From food to staff everything is superior, the pool and spa are breath taking its the perfect oasis to unwind from your busy lifestyle..... Ps the cashel blue cheese tartlets they serve in dunes bar are to die for.

Room Tip: Their all beautiful
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lorraine H

Wow I loved your review. I'm delighted to welcome you back so regularly & that you know that our service & standards are consistent. I'm delighted to hear that. I will pass your lovely comments onto our staff.

Thank you once again & keep coming to us. We love welcoming you back every time.

Clonmel, Ireland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had been to inchydoney in march for my hen. We stayed in the apartments which were fabulous. I returned with my husband last weekend as a birthday present for him. We had a fabulous stay. Food in dunes was excellent and good value for what we got. Lounge was lovely for a quiet drink and to sit and read the paper. We had a spa treatment and afternoon tea which we really enjoyed. Overall we had a great weekend and will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Fiona170

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Congratulations on your wedding. Thank you for choosing Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa as your destination for your husband's birthday. I'm glad that you had such a lovely time at you hen here that you decided to return so soon.

Thank you once again & I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!