“Amazing food ”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Amazing food ”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Went for bar food , the area was warm and bright , didn't think the choice was great if u didn't like fish but as I do I was in my element !! Everything we ordered was amazing especially the presentation . The waitress we had was so friendly and helpful . Will be back :)

Stayed November 2013
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Vicki S,

Thank you for your lovely review of your dining experience in Dune Pub & Bistro. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much & we look forward to welcoming you back again to dine with us.

Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We went to Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa over Halloween half term with our youngest 3 children...after a very long journey from Belfast we arrived pretty exhausted...we were welcomed heartily by the reception staff ...and immediately the stresses of travelling with the children for so long slipped away. Our adjoining rooms were fabulous, with lots of little personal touches, interesting books to browse..chocolates on the pillow...little oranges for the children...the sea view and beach itself is utterly breath taking. We had dinner the first night in the restaurant upstairs...food amazing and a fantastic proper healthy menu for the kids...not just the usual chicken nuggets and burgers here! Breakfast again fantastic, we thought we'd eat out on the 2nd and 3rd nights of our visit..but as the food was so fantastic we ate in every night of our stay...which is something we never normally do when on holiday!!! The waiting staff and bar staff upstairs were very friendly, helpful and interesting to talk to...it turned out that one of the waiters had played rugby against our eldest son on a visit to Belfast a few years ago..small world! Spa and pool also very relaxing..we had a lovely time, love West Cork and Inchydoney is a very special place...would not hesitant in recommending it to anyone..just wish there was more places in the world like it !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Fiona B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm delighted that you & your family had such a wonderful time here with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed so many aspects to your stay & that you enjoyed the food so much that you ate all your meals here. It's wonderful to hear. Our chefs are top class & I'm glad that you were so happy with the healthy choices on the kids menus.

We really look forward to welcoming you back in the future & thank you so much once again for your wonderful compliments & for your review.

Brora Sutherland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I would just like to say what a great hotel.
It was clean and well looked after along with very good staff who would spend time talking to you which in these days is very rare.The food was just stunning both in the bar and in the restaurant upstairs.The guests lounge is very comfy and quiet where afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks are served.
A big well done to all they even heard us talking about why we where there my wife's birthday and we go a nice sing song and a happy birthday message on her desert plate big thank you again.

Iain&Fiona

I

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear anthracnose

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa for your wife's birthday. I'm delighted you both had such a special time here together & that our staff helped to make it more memorable for you. I will pass your lovely compliments onto the staff. They will be delighted.

We really hope that we get the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the future & thank you once again for your very kind review.

monaghan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I had not had a break away together for some time. Our daughter recommended Inchydoney so we decamped there for 4 days in October/ November. We parked our car on arrival and did not start it again until our departure. We completely switched off and had a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable stay. Inchydoney has a lovely unspoiled beach for walking - it is an island - and it has the sense of being totally away- the hotel has beautiful facilities both leisure and accomodation - but its greatest strength is the people who work there. They were everything that we Irish( at our best) are famous for- warmth, friendliness coupled with total efficiency and a commitment to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible down to the finest detail. I am not at all surprised that Inchdoney is so successful We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony which allow a good view of sea. We were towards the front and could hear th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear cswinkell,

Wow - what a wonderful review. I'm thrilled you & your husband had such an amazing time away together & that our staff here helped to make is so enjoyable & memorable. I'll pass on your compliments to them. They will be so pleased. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to us again in the future & thank you once more for your review.

seychelles
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for two nights with a friend as a birthday treat.everyone was soo nice..we had a lovely stay..the spa treatments is just amazing.thanks to all the staffs that where amazing.

Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to other people.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear BeckySeychelles

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much & that you found the spa treatments to be so relaxing.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your kind review.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have been to Inchydoney in august, the location is just fantastic, by the beach and next to the surf place.
I stayed in a really nice room but just opposite to my room was a suite, which I had a chance to see when the cleaners was there cleaning. Is absolutely beautiful, next time Im there I will take the suite.
The food I had was fine but I think the menu could be a bit better.

Room Tip: The suites are the most beautiful and spacious.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear AleGlobetrotter

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much & the views from your room. Yes our suites are most luxurious & I would definitely recommend you stay in one on your next visit.

Thank you once again & we are really looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

All the staff are so friendly and helpful. Julie welcomed us as long lost friends and although we had to wait for our room to be cleaned after a large wedding party "slept in " it was well worth the wait.
The dining experience in the Gulfstream Restaurant is definitely "Fine Dining" which is unusual in a hotel situation.
Having been guests for nearly 10 years we do not expect to stop in the forseable future even though we now have to fly in from Oxford instead of driving down from Kilaloe!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing West gives superb sunsets to enjoy a glass or two of you favourite tipple
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear John H

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are delighted to welcome you back so regularly. I will pass your compliments onto Julie. Thank you for returning to us even thought you are now in the UK. We are so honoured that you keep coming back to us when you can & that you receive a true Inchydoney Experience on each visit.

Thank you once again for your review & for choosing Inchydoney. We really hope to see you again soon.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!