“The Perfect Hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Clonmel, Ireland
“The Perfect Hotel.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My second time going to this hotel and I've struggled to find a hotel in Ireland as good as this. Staff are very friendly and are always going out of their way to accommodate your every need. I've yet to go to the main restaurant in the hotel (Gulf Stream) but I've been to the bar food place on every night of my 4 nights there and the food has been delicious on each occasion.My mother in law had a spa treatment and she commented on how re-vitalised she felt and for us the heated pool is perfect for young kids and the relaxing atmosphere of the entire hotel and the surrounding areas are perfect for all ages. This hotel surely is a great asset to Clonakilty and The county of Cork. Count me in as a regular!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Paul M

Wow what a stunning review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa.

I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that all the family found something to enjoy and that you all found the hotel, facilities, food and staff so agreeable.

I'm delighted also to see that you plan to return to us again and we really look forward to welcoming you.

Thank you once again and see you soon.

Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Myself and my husband stayed in Inchydoney for five days in March 2014. It was extremely relaxing, the atmosphere in the hotel is wonderful and the hotel staff were excellent. The staff were genuine and extremely helpful. The food is fab and the selection was great.

The pool and spa are amazing and not to be missed. The location of the hotel, which its beach walks and sea views make the experience so enjoyable.

Dear Edel80

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa.

I'm delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed the facilities and found the staff so friendly and helpful.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future. Thank you once more for your kind review.

Kilmihil, Ireland
Reviewed 1 April 2014

stayed in inchydoney island lodge and spa in cork. both myself and my husband experenced nothing like it. the comfort we had.. we had dinner on the two nights we stayed there. mmmm the food just melted in our mouths. and if there any food we didnt like they would bring out something you did like... the sea view when you woke in the morning was surberb..the peace and quite was blissful. we would recemmend this hotel to everyone. the staff was so helpfull and friendly.. we are going back to this hotel again in july for a longer stay... well done to the owners and the staff and especially the chef who is a brilliant cook...

Room Tip: the suits over looking the sea priceless.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear mariemurray70

Thank you for your wonderful compliments to us all here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm really delighted that you had such a wonderful experience with us - The Inchydoney Experience we call it. I have passed your lovely comments to all the departments, they will be delighted.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back to us again in July. Let's hope the weather will be like last July!

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your lovely review.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Once again we paid a return visit to one of our favourite getaways. It was a very relaxing 3 days and as usual everything was up to standard. We had what I can only describe as an' eating experience' in the Gulf Stream Restaurant. The food was delicious and space between each course to savour the many flavours and delights of the different dishes.
I want to pay particular comment and convey our gratitude to the very hard working household staff that work quietly and efficiently behind the scenes.Their attention to detail and pleasant manner as always made our stay very comfortable.
We came home after our 3 day break relaxed and rejuvinated.
S&J.

Dear Sheils333

Thank so much for another glowing review. I'm delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us again and thank you for your compliments to our housekeeping staff, who are sometimes forgotten about. I have passed your comments onto our Accommodation Department. They will be so pleased.

Thank you one again and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Cork
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Another really wonderful stay at Inchydoney ... If you stay here a trip to the Gulfstream restaurant is a must .. The food is Michelin quality , a gastronomic delight. We had a really super evening meal there with pre dinner drinks in the warm and inviting library and of course the breakfast next day is great also ... if you get down early enough you should get a table overlooking the sea and its wonderful. The rooms, Spa and overall service are all great so would highly recommend it for a relaxing weekend away !

Dear Cheryl B

Thank you again for another wonderful review. I'm delighted that you had such a lovely time here & that you enjoyed the food in our Gulfstream Restaurant so much. Our produce is sourced locally and we have some of the finest ingredients to achieve the high standard and awards that The Gulfstream Boasts.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future I hope and thank you once more for your kind review

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for a Saturday night in one of the superior rooms (ocean view). Amazing location, certainly a strong point for the hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful, I really felt welcome during my stay. Had food in the residents bar for dinner, however, and this was well below average. The menu wasn't very expansive or interesting (in terms of main courses). The seafood pasta dish was tasteless and my partner didn't finish it, whereas the steak sandwich was overwhelmed by the cheese and the chips were also tasteless. Probably the low point of our stay. I should note that we did not try the proper restaurant and that this may well be better, based on the views of other reviewers. Breakfast the next day was nice but quite busy. Some other minor issues - the knob that was used to swap the water from the tap to the shower was broken in both my and my friend's room, and in general the decor in the hotel rooms was surprisingly old-fashioned (to my tastes) and very dark for rooms that are all about letting in the light from the amazing view. Long story short, I would not count the rooms and food that I had to be at 4 star status, closer to 3 star, whereas the prices were certainly at 4 star levels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank drcdavenport
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear drcdavenport

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I believe our Deputy General Manager Catriona tried to contact you a few times to discuss your experiences during your stay. I'd be most grateful if we could have a chat about your comments. Catriona can be contacted at the hotel on 023 88 33 143.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My huband and I had a wonderful 2 day break here last weekend. The service, staff ( very attentive, professional , well-mannered, and great to see so many young, Irish people doing an amazing job in every role), food, room and the overall visit was memorable. Food quality was excellent & presentation was impressive - the good weather was also a bonus ! We couldn't have asked for a better destination to celebrate our special occasion. I would gladly recommend a stay here for a relaxing and stress-free getaway.

Mai

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mai H

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted to see you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from the food, your bedroom and that you found the staff so attentive and friendly. I have passed on your compliments.

I really appreciate your kind review and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future.

c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#7 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!