“Brilliant Staff”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here and the first time with our children, The staff are brilliant, so polite, friendly and helpful, we arrived at 2;30 (check in is 3) and they apologised for the room not being ready!
Food is excellent and the residents lounge is a very relaxing place to eat or enjoy a drink.
Very family friendly with all the little requests that make children happy catered for.
We will be spending more holidays here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear BryanH1

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted to see that you brought back to family to stay with you on your second visit and that they all enjoyed themselves so much.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you once again for your kind review.

994 - 1,000 of 2,167 reviews

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I went for six nights to Inchydoney to an apartment with my family and pet dog, had a super holiday, apartment fabulous, all mod cons, sea view, full use of hotel facilities to include lounge, pool, spa, relaxation room, netflix room, beach both sides of the hotel, lovely bar food, friendly, helpful and approachable staff, will be back, for me the 'piece de resistance' is the sea view.

Room Tip: Patio ground floor open area, second and third floor balcony better view
1  Thank Julie C

Dear Julie C

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of your stay here with us in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm thrilled that you and your family & pet dog had a great time together and enjoyed so many amenities, facilities and food have here at the hotel.

I'm also delighted to see that you plan to return to us. We really look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your lovely review.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

just back from 5 day stay in apartment with 2 young kids, we all loved it. accomodation good, staff lovely everywhere you go in this hotel. food lovely in bar. fabulous views. second time here and will def be back, cant say enough about it. we have been to a lot of hotels, this top of our list.

Dear 511tracy1404

Thank you so much for such a kind review. I appreciate your comments. I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us your best hotel in Ireland. Thank you so much. I'm really chuffed .

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to us again soon. Thank you once more for taking the time to write your lovely review.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I always go to Agadoe Heights for easter, but they obviously didn't want the business as reservations didn't get back to me. There loss and inchydoneys gain. I was blown away with the hospitality of the place. Our room was not ready and so after 2 sherrys , and a free bottle of wine , the 40 minutes was worth the wait. The food was as fresh as anything, the fish was gorgeous .The rooms spotless , the hotel staff naturally friendly, the scenery was also breathtaking. We had a spa treatment and that too was very relaxing, no rushing. The thing I liked was the therapist was ready on the dot at 3.00 pm and didn't leave the room for the ( 10 mins missed off the treatment , to get unchanged ).When embarking the free home made jam was the icing on the cake, little gestures make a difference. The kids , 13 years 2 boys foung entertaining them selves on the beach, but with free wi fi what else did a 13 year old need .

Room Tip: All rooms with view so it doesn't matter.
1  Thank Linz C

Dear LinzC

What a wonderful review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I'm delighted that you and your family had such a lovely stay with us and that you all found things to do. I'm also delighted that you received the real Inchydoney Experience and that you chose to stay with us when you had not heard from your chosen hotel. We were delighted to welcome you and your family.

We hope we will see you again in the future and thank you again so much for your very kind review.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Had a lovely few days here over Easter. Excellent facilities for families. We all enjoyed the saltwater pool and the the children enjoyed watching movies in the reading room where they were given popcorn. The service from the staff was excellent and included some lovely touches such as the small gift when we were checking out. The only downside was that we didn't feel the apartment interior matched up to the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Apartment on top floor avoids view of the carpark

Dear FreeKerry

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you and your family had such a lovely time with us and that you found the hotel so child friendly and that they enjoyed our movie nights with popcorn.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for four nights over Easter with my partner and three teenage children. I had read many excellent reviews on here and was looking forward to our stay. When I called to book the trip I was offered an apartment which I was told was in the hotel grounds.
On our arrival the welcome was 5 star, really friendly staff, beautiful reception area, welcome drink, all perfect.
We were given the keys to the apartment about 100 meters from the main reception. The first thing I noticed on going into the communal hall was the stale smell, then worn carpets, chipped paint and open ceiling into the roofspace. The place reminded me of student halls my eldest daughter stayed at in University.
The apartment itself was clean, had breathtaking sea views and was well equipped. However floor tiles were cracked and everything felt it was 15 years plus years old. The furniture was all cheap and looked like it had been bought in discount shops some years ago.
Outside the apartments was grubby with rubbish lying around and people had brought their own pets, the apartments seem privately owned and some people had clothes drying on clothes horses outside the apartment.
Outside again was 2 star, looking down from my apartment I was not surprised to see a rat happily poking through the rubbish.
In the hotel itself we used the beautiful residents lounge which I would rate as 5 star, the kids used the lovely appointed tv room.
The spa itself was not in my opinion up to the standard of 4 star hotel, there were a number of broken tiles around the pool and the sauna and steam smelt off. The whole spa area has an unpleasant smell.
the location is however beautiful, I would love to return if I thought the apartments had been upgraded to modern standards and money spent on the spa to bring it into line with other similar priced hotels.
I notice that the management of the hotel take a very defensive position to criticism here on tripadvisor so i have posted photos which make my point. You are good but need to spend money to be better.

Room Tip: My tip if going stay in the hotel and avoid the apartments especially ground floor ones. The rat was...
8  Thank JAMES m
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in one of the 2 bed houses - slept 4 adults and 2 kids no hassle. Great if you love the beach which we do. Food in bar was fine and priced ok! The salt water pool was good also - handy for trips to clonakilty kinsale etc. would recommend and will return some day

Stayed: September 2013

Dear Paul H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you & your family had a lovely stay here and that you found the apartments so comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future. Thank you again.

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!