“Perfect for family celebration”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
“Perfect for family celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

As a large family group, we had a wonderful Easter weekend at Inchydoney. The staff could not have been better: smiling, welcoming, competent, efficient. Above very tolerant of small children and indeed the older members of our party. The decor of the rooms is rather dark for my taste but that is my only and realistically insignificant criticism! The rooms were spotlessly clean and beds very comfortable. We strongly recommend for family celebrations.

• Stayed April 2014
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Brighton2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa.

I'm delighted that we could help in making your family holiday such a special one and that you found the staff and facilities so good.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to us and thank you once again for your kind review.

Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Ideal location for a relaxing break. Stunning views from bedroom and dining room. Gorgeous beaches and lovely walks. Restaurant bit pricey. Staff were very professional and very friendly.

The therapy pool was very nice. The lobby is beautiful and the residents lounge is very spacious with loads of comfy couches and arm chairs

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Neeronnayr

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed so many of the facilities of the hotel and that you found the staff so friendly and professional

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We return to Inchydoney at least twice a year, we would visit more often if time allowed. Fantastic clean beaches literally on the doorstep, beautiful views from any Bedroom. The staff at Inchydoney are so friendy and helpful, they cannot do enough for you and make you feel really welcome and right at home. Bedrooms are so comfortable, clean and well serviced. Food in Dunnes Bar is beautiful and the Gulfstream Restaurant has to be experienced during your stay..fantastic food. All the family love Inchydoney, something for everyone, none of us need to be convinced to return....Fantastic, a must !

Room Tip: 3rd Floor has Restaurant, Residents Lounge, Access to the Spa, Children's Gamesroom, Reading and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Janice M

Wow what a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind compliments and I have passed your comments onto the staff. They were delighted.

I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us so much and that you all love the facilities so much. Yes, the beaches are just wonderful and we're so lucky to be in such a great location for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you so much once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Great food , but quality of service lets down the overall experience . Five friends ate here on a quiet Monday night. We had to ask for menus, drinks order was placed twice with same server. It took ten minutes for our drinks to arrive , nothing fancy , jug of water , glass of wine and a juice. We ordered a variety of starters to share , when the food arrived it was delivered promptly from the kitchen but we had to ask for plates and napkins . We all ordered fish and chips, which we all agreed was exceptional , huge portion , well presented and so tasty. I have eaten on several occasions in Dunes and always feel the service and the lack of attention to detail in the service lets the kitchen and location down.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank IrelandMrsMo
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear IrelandMrsMo

Thank you for taking the time for writing your review. I have passed your comments onto the management and staff in Dunes Pub & Bistro and I would like to assure you they have been reviewing the service and dining experience for our guests. When you come to dine with us again, I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly and chat about your review and your how your next experience goes.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here last month for 2 nights with my daughter. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a little dated and could do with a makeover but the lobby and bar very nice. On our 1st evening we ate in the bar and it was very nice. The following evening we had dinner in the main restaurant and it was almost empty and the was quite good but far too expensive doe the quality.
The spa is excellent and I would recommend the relaxation room.
Yes I will return but I would skip the dining room unless the food improves

Room Tip: I think all rooms have great views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dilly1253
Dear Dilly1253

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write you review of your stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm disappointed that you didn't find your dining experience in our dining room as good as I would hope. This is certainly not the usual experience of our guests and if you would like to discuss your concerns so that we can rectify any issues contact Julie or Catriona about your review so they can discuss it with you.

I'm delighted to see that you found the staff so welcoming and enjoyed so many other aspects of the hotel and location and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again.

Thank you once again.

Kindest Regards
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were here only incidentally whilst out driving from our base in Clonakilty. After a few hours on the strand the kids were hungry (so was I!) so I thought - let's try this hotel place across the road.
Despite the place being jammed, the manager quickly opened another area and sat us at a table and found us a high-chair. The food was quick in coming and very good. The service was flawless and friendly. I will definatly eat here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank sean.casaidhe
Dear sean.casaidhe

Thank you so much for taking the time to write you lovely review of your lunch in Dunes. I'm delighted that you found the service and quality of food of such high standard. I appreciate you sharing your experience. Most of our meat and ingredients are sourced locally in West Cork and we pride ourselves on high quality food, presentation and service.

Thank you once again for your kind review. We hope to welcome you back to us again in the not too distant future.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Attended a retirement function for my brother last night and could not find a single fault with the hotel. Staff were friendly and efficient. Food was delicious. What more could you ask for?! How lucky we are to have such a great establishment in West Cork. Keep up the good work!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mairead0077

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the food & service at your brother's retirement party. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much and thank you for your well wishes.

We look forward to seeing you here again at the hotel and thank you once more for your kind review.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!