“poor service”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
cork
“poor service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very disappointed today with the poor service I received when I visited here for lunch. The waiter never returned with menus to us and did not come to take a drinks order. Having waited for quite a length of time I went to the bar to get my own drink and I got some menus . I had then to wait for someone to eventually take the order. When the food came, the order was incorrect which I pointed out but then felt obliged to take because I did not want to face another delay.
It was a beautiful day, and the patio area is very pleasant however the poor service was disappointing. I feel there were adequate staff to hand , however they seemed inexperienced and lacked direction. I feel the staff should focus on the food service. I don't think customers would object to getting their own drinks if it speeded up and improved the food service.
Laminated adult and children's menus that could be left on the tables would also simplify the whole process.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank claire o
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear ballincolligbelle

Thank you for your review, I am disappointed that your experience wasnt as we would have hoped. I have passed the comments to the team in the Bar. The bar does get very busy at times, so apologies for the delay you experienced and also fact that your order was incorrect. I am sure if you had wanted we could have offered an alternative to you, however I understand you didnt want to wait at that point.

Again, my apologies. This isnt a normal Inchydoney experience as you will see from other reviews here and I am sorry that we didnt reach your expectations on this occassion. Thank you for sharing your comments however, as it is only through feedback that we can learn and improve.

I do hope that you will visit us again and I am sure you will have a most positive experience.

Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Dublin
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel's position, directly overlooking the Atlantic, and, more pertinently, Inchydoney's beautiful beach, with its large stretches of golden sand, just a few steps beneath, is undoubtedly its greatest asset. The hotel itself is tastefully decorated, and the staff, especially, in reception, were, for the most part friendly. The food was of a reasonable quality. One of the hotel's recreation facilities is a sea water (which should be highlighted more) swimming pool, with a jacuzzi and overhead showers inside, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was very sunny during my stay, which boosted my overall experience. On the negative side, the prices for everything seemed a little expensive for the overall quality offered.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eriugena
Dear Eriugena

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you took some time to enjoy our lovely heated Seawater Therapy Pool and Spa facilities.

I have passed on your comments to the Front of House team and they are delighted thank you.

I was disappointed to read that you felt that the hotel was expensive, we work very hard to ensure that all our guests have a genuine quality experience in all areas of the hotel and are very conscious of offering value for money to our clients.

We do hope you will return to Inchydoney in the future and we look forward to welcoming you.

kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Beautiful setting, which really can't be beaten. Spa facilities are good - could do with less noisy kids splashing in the pool though. Also seats around pool would be a bonus. The treatments were excellent and the relaxation area and quiet area were a very welcome touch. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. I would certainly return here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear meander2010

Thanks for your review, its great to hear that you had a good stay with us. We have very strict children's hours in the pool each day so that both families and those travelling without children can enjoy the Seawater Pool in their own way. Children have access to the pool during two time slots each day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon... all other times are restricted for children.

We do hope that you will return to us in the future and our Spa Team would be delighted to let you know the childrens hours so you can choose to take to the pool outside of these times.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spent three fabulously relaxing days in Inchydoney. The friendliness of all the staff was great. The rooms and the lobby are decorated very tastefully. I would recommend a few days here if you want to relax, re-charge and spend some quality time with friends or family. The sun shone for the three days which made walking on the beaches an absolute pleasure. However there are so many reading rooms and the spa in the hotel that bad weather would not spoil your trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear GrainneC359

Thanks for your lovely comments, we are delighted to hear such positive feedback. It was great that the sun shone for you during your stay!...

We do hope to see you again in Inchydoney in the future,

kind regards
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband & I spent 2 glorious days relaxing and unwinding in Inchydoney. The view from the room alone would make you return time and time again. However the service received made it a certainty that we will indeed make the trip back. In every department the staff went out of their way to make our stay all the better. So if you need that break away from the hustle and bustle I would book a break in Inchydoney

Room Tip: A must is a visit to the relaxation room for the perfect place for a little downtime.......
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsb0109
Dear mrsb0109

Thank you for your great review, I am delighted to read that both you and your husband enjoyed your visit to Inchydoney. Yes, our staff are our greatest asset and its lovely for them to be recognised - I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team here.

We hope to welcome you back to Inchydoney very soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just got home from a five day stay at the lodge.
My niece and husband planned their wedding events at the lodge.
It went perfectly for them

I arrived a few days before to enjoy coastal area of West Cork.

The lodge was just wonderful.
The staff was top notch.
All of the facilities were first rate.
Loved the salt water pool after a long of hiking and bike riding.
If you have time make sure you rent an electric bike and head down the coast.

We ate all our meals at the lodge.
Breakfast was included so we loaded up and didn't really need lunch though we would stop for high tea a couple of times.

We ate dinner at the casual restaurant on the first floor. Loved the seafood chowder and a tall Murphy's. Nothing fancy just fun.

Best part for me.

Watching the tide roll in and watching the tide roll out.

Hopefully soon I will be able to return to Inchydony some day.
It was wonderful.

William

Room Tip: Try get a room above the second level facing east though my view to west was good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear bill m

What a great review... thank you for sharing with us. It sounds like you made the most of your time with us. The Electric Bikes are a new addition to our activities this year and they are very popular with guests.

Again, thanks for the lovely review.

Thurles, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We spent a rainy 3 days at this hotel and were really glad we choose this as we had plenty to do in the rain. The pool and spa are excellent and really clean easily spent a few hours relaxing here. The breakfast is magnificent with a choice of Buffet and ordered from menu food. We never ate in the restaurant as we found the food menu in the bar really good. Rooms are spacious with Balcony looking out at the sea. Would love to come back again minus the rain to really enjoy the ocean front.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Aine F

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments, we are delighted. So sorry the weather wasn't great, however I think the hotel is a great spot to watch the waves crash and rain fall... especially from the Lounge.

I hope you will return to Inchydoney again soon and fingers crossed for some dry weather so you can enjoy the beach and the headland next time.

Proprietor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!