“A wonderful stay”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel & spa located in very special location. Our room was immaculate with stunning views and we were greated with a lovely personalised strawbery and chocolate plate (a very welcome surprise). Dining was of the highest quality and just devine. The spa was gorgeous however our time was spent on a stunning beach enjoying the peace and c tranquillity. We will definitely return again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicki H
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Dear Nicki H,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in Inchydoney. The beach is magnificent and I am glad you got to enjoy it while you were with us.

I hope you will visit us soon again.

Proprietor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,176)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Thjis was my third trip to Incheydoney and each time I go I say why don't I come here more often? The food is outstanding and with 2 fussy eaters in tow that was paramount. The staff couldn't be more friendly and proffessional - nothing was too much trouble. I only stayed 3 nights but came away feeeling as rested and relaxed as if I had been ther for a week

Dear Meg M,

Welcome back! I am delighted that you came for a return visit. I have passed on your lovely comments to our team.

I hope we will see you soon again.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I visited 25 to 27 August 2014. It was a long way to travel but we had been given a gift voucher for the hotel and this prompted us to visit a part of Ireland we had not previously seen. The hotel is excellent in every respect and the staff were so friendly and helpful which was added to by excellent food. The views over the Atlantic are spectacular and I think that it would be very difficult to find a genuine reason to be unhappy with any aspect of this hotel.We had a great outside space also and most rooms seem to have this outside space so you can really enjoy the views. It is meticulously clean and seemed to be very popular with families with young children. The location is for people who like to be away from an urban setting and our only suggestion would be more signage as there is hardly any to be found in Clonakilty, the nearest town, for Inchydoney. The hotel have indicated to us that they hope to remedy this if the local council so permit them. However, our visit was wonderful and west Cork is fabulous as a holiday destination. We would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view as the views are magnificent. We had a corner, ground floor room whic...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

Dear Vincent1609,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate your comment on signage and we are currently working on this to ensure that we are easily found.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed here on a two-night package which included dinner.
We had a very warm welcome and were shown to our room which had a lovely sea view.
Breakfast was super - homemade fluffy free range scrambled eggs which had clearly been made to order was just one highlight - there is literally food for any taste!
Dinner was incredible - if I'm honest I didn't know that much about Inchydoney's restaurant and I wasn't expecting the five course menu we got which included fresh Castletownbere scallops and a parsnip crusted fillet of beef and a perfect creme brûlée.
We also went surfing on the beach (you can rent boards or take a lesson at a surf school next to the hotel) and used the pool, sauna, etc.
The hotel is at a stage where the decor needs a touch up/ revamp and in an email following my feedback I was told plans for this are underway. I felt it was most noticeable in the restaurant appearance, somewhat in the rooms and in parts of the spa.
To sum it up if you want a relaxing break with great food and a beautiful beach right outside your front door then Inchydoney is for you.

• Stayed: August 2014
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Aoifstokes

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments here, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular thank you for your feedback on the restaurant - our team are delighted.

Yes, we are entering into the second phase of our refurbishment this Autumn, following on from the complete renovation of the reception area. The refurbishment of the restaurant will be in the same theme so we are really excited about that.

I hope to see you soon in Inchydoney again

Reviewed 28 August 2014

have returned to inchydoney many times and will do so again - fantastic, friendly service, gluten-free and other food allergies catered for, a dream location between two captivating beaches that are ideal for families; great spa treatments, brilliant lively bar, great gourmet restaurant, whatever the weather this is brilliant location for striking out across West Cork or simply hunkering down for a realxing break.

Room Tip: Ocean-view Suites give great views of both beaches

Dear mack_mcallen

Thanks for the great comments - delighted to read that you are regular visitor to Inchydoney. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and others. Its lovely to hear such positive feedback.

We hope to see you again soon in Inchydoney,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a wonderful Luxury Spa day started with a fucus algae spa bath
Followed by a green tea wrap and then had a facial which was done by a very nice beauty therapist called Jade who was charming and friendly
This was followed by an excellent lunch in a lovely room with a great view of Inchydoney beach
This was a wonderful day out

Dear JOANce

Thanks for sharing your lovely comments, I am delighted you enjoyed your Spa Day with us. I have passed on your kind words to Jade.. thank you again for taking the time to post your great comments here.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I didn't stay at the hotel but had the best icecream (Swiss Mövenpick) in Ireland ever. The bar which looked quite dark on a previous visit was recently re-designed. What a great and bright place to relax! What an unusual design! What a creative way to serve icecream and fruit cake! The tea came with a delicious piece of short bread. And best of all: the prices are reasonable and the lovely long beach is just a few steps away.

Dear Eliane Z

Thank you for your comments, yes we are delighted with the new look of the bar area and its lovely to hear that you like it too. Yes, I also agree the icecream is wonderful, especially with the cake!

We hope to see you back in Dunes again soon

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!