“Perfect but pricy”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I have to agree with previous reviewers, this is a beautiful hotel, friendly & helpful staff, great food, large comfortable rooms with balconies and a location to die for but all at a price. This was my third stay and all the rooms have been refurbised to a very high standard, the spa has also been extended. The facial & massages were amazing, however, if you want a luxury treatment I wouldn't recommend a wrap, I was expecting a head massage while wrapped in plastic & a warm blanket but I was just left in the room on my own for 20 minutes - not very impressed with that! The beaches are incredible and Clonakilty is a lively town full of restaurants, pubs & fantastic traditional shopfronts. On the downside the hotel was very quiet for the entire time I was there so the place lacked atmosphere. I suspect this is due to the prices they are charging, I have stayed in 5* hotels for less and I'm sorry to say in the current climate it is unlikely I will be returning to Inchydoney for quite some time again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa

Reviewed 15 June 2009

Was at inchydoney for my birthday in feb. the hotel is so great and staff too. had dinner in their main restaurant upstairs and we were seating by the window and we had such beautiful views of the sea, it was divine.

rooms are nice and so as the spa

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Just back from 2 fantastic days at Inchydoney Island Loge & Spa. I had heard lots about the hotel before I went- but nothing prepared me for the fantastic setting. I have never seen such beautiful beaches. You could be anywhere when you go over the hill leading to the hotel. I was met by the manager on duty and after a 4 hour drive and i could feel myself relax as I sat in the beautifully decorated reception area. I was shown to the my room- which had a balcony looking out onto the beach- it was breathtaking!! The service, facilities , Spa and heated seawater pool and above all friendly staff- will mean a regular visit from me- it's a must for everyone.... Would highly recommend..

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2009

stayed in inchydoney over the weekend have brill time.. went to da spa had treatments didnt want to leave defo going back.definately recommend to everyone...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2009

very nice hotel, was at a friends wedding and had a great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I have stayed before and loved it more every time! Sitting on the balcony (off the room) sipping a drink is just heaven!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2009

my Mom & Dad gave me a gift of a week end away in Inchydoney for my birthday last November and I only we only got to use it last month. I was really looking foraward to the break. I was aprehensive because I have read mixed reviews from both this site and from friends, I have to say I was not dissapointed,
We thought we were after taking the wrong road coming onto the island thinking there is no way the hotel is here, then driving over the hill we saw the view was amazing, the beaches , wow
When checking in we were offered a sherry and our road to relaxation started there. My favourite part of the hotel has to be the balconies, waking up and opening the door to the beach. It was like being in Spain. The rooms were fab. Loved the coffee machines.
The pool was lovely, salty and fresh, not the usual chemical smell.
We were blessed by the weather and were able to eat out side The Dunes Pub on the Saturday afternoon. We got the most amazing fish and chips the only thing that was missing was the mushy peas.
Can't wait to go back, I have already hinted my next birthday present to mom and dad.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#7 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!