“ticked all the boxes”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 18 July 2009

stayed in inchydoney island lodge & spa with friends during the week. i dont usually do reviews but cant let this trip go by without doing so. i know i can speak for all four of us when i say great staff, rooms, food and scenery. do yourself a favour avoid airport hassle this year.took me three hours only to get down from prosperous. co.kildare

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,176)

Reviewed 14 July 2009

Stayed one night during an Irish Business trip in Cork area, with one of my colleague.

Hotel is located in one of the most pleasant area of South Ireland.
Great View on the Atlantic ocean, and this had a so strong holidays feeling...but was only a overnight stay for business.
Great Reception and helpful staf, a Irish typical liquor is offered after arrival and we drank this one quietly in front of the chimney.
Room was very comfortable . Large and "Very Deep" bed (perhaps a slightly harder mattress could be better). Some could reproach the darkness of certain room even with sunshine outside.
Restaurant is not really at the level of the hotel. Dishes were well prepared but not really tastefull. This said, the waiter was really nice and had a discussion with us.

I recommend after the diner to walk for a while on the beach, This is excellent for the digestion , and you will appreciate the nice position of the hotel.
In conclusion : Very great place to stay for business but certainly still better for holidays break

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2009

my husband and i just celebrated our wedding anniversary at the lodge and spa. we got a great last minute rate, hence the title of this review. the hotel were unable to upgrade us when we told them it was our anniversary, but they did send complimentary wine and chocolates up to our room. the one thing that stood out is that every member of staff that we dealt with was courteous and friendly. in places like the lodge and spa you may worry that staff may be snooty...be assured this is not the case. food in the dunes bar was lovely, breakfast was also nice. of course the location is unbeatable. on the sunday morning the swimming pool was overrun with kids...we had come here to get away from ours! the view from our balcony was beautiful, room was well appointed....it was a really relaxing stay. normally i can find fault anywhere i go...not at inchydoney. i would highly recommend it (especially if you can get it at a good price).

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2009

originaly booked for 3 nights but we were offered a deal so stayed for 2 more nights, we arrived on the monday eve to a warm welcome and a glass of irish mist, the duty manager brought us to our room and went through the opening times of spa, bar food times etc, had a lovely view from our room which was on the 4th floor room 402 and over looked the nicer of the 2 beaches, if you were staying in rooms 404 onwards the view would be a little better.
GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE HOTEL
Very friendly staff always smilling and willing to help.
The best breakfast ive ever had in a hotel. a very good selection of fruit, cheese, yogurt muffins, pancakes juices etc, top ups of tea and coffee and its served untill 11am.
The residents lounge, a big stitting room where a fire is always burning where you can get food and drinks and a nice afternoon tea.
Fab location.
Paper outside door every morning
Pool fab, lovely sea water and nice jet's etc... i even learned to swim in it !!!!!!!!
Turn down service.. butlers chocs every eve and extra towels or water as you need them.
Gulf stream restaraunt lovely

THE NOT THAT GOOD BITS
Wasn't mad about dunes pub, food i found was poor enough frozen chips etc,
my key card stopped working so had to go down to reception 3 times in my robe having been at the pool and it still didnt work.

Would def come back again though as found it to be good value, apart from the poor bar food, the appartments may suit some better as you can still use all hotel facilities, i found it good that kids are only aloud in pool for 2 hours in the morning and 2 in afternoon, but not great if you are planing on coming with kid's as you have to be organised to be ready to go to pool with no flexability.

pool closes at 8pm i think this is way 2 early.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I have to agree with previous reviewers, this is a beautiful hotel, friendly & helpful staff, great food, large comfortable rooms with balconies and a location to die for but all at a price. This was my third stay and all the rooms have been refurbised to a very high standard, the spa has also been extended. The facial & massages were amazing, however, if you want a luxury treatment I wouldn't recommend a wrap, I was expecting a head massage while wrapped in plastic & a warm blanket but I was just left in the room on my own for 20 minutes - not very impressed with that! The beaches are incredible and Clonakilty is a lively town full of restaurants, pubs & fantastic traditional shopfronts. On the downside the hotel was very quiet for the entire time I was there so the place lacked atmosphere. I suspect this is due to the prices they are charging, I have stayed in 5* hotels for less and I'm sorry to say in the current climate it is unlikely I will be returning to Inchydoney for quite some time again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Was at inchydoney for my birthday in feb. the hotel is so great and staff too. had dinner in their main restaurant upstairs and we were seating by the window and we had such beautiful views of the sea, it was divine.

rooms are nice and so as the spa

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Just back from 2 fantastic days at Inchydoney Island Loge & Spa. I had heard lots about the hotel before I went- but nothing prepared me for the fantastic setting. I have never seen such beautiful beaches. You could be anywhere when you go over the hill leading to the hotel. I was met by the manager on duty and after a 4 hour drive and i could feel myself relax as I sat in the beautifully decorated reception area. I was shown to the my room- which had a balcony looking out onto the beach- it was breathtaking!! The service, facilities , Spa and heated seawater pool and above all friendly staff- will mean a regular visit from me- it's a must for everyone.... Would highly recommend..

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!