“" ireland at its best"”

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Stayed at Inchydoney for a few days,really enjoyed it particularly as the weather was very good.
Staff so kind and helpful,nothing was too much trouble,food fresh and tasty,all rooms pleasant and very cosy.
Only disappointmentwas the swimming pool,a bit small and not up to to 2010 standards-.situation beautiful on sunny day!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2010

Dear coleen10
Thank you for taking the time to share your review here. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I note your comment regarding the pool and I am happy to confirm that the pool area will be part of a maintenance renovation programme due to begin over the coming months. As our pool is a seawater pool, it requires constant maintenance and we are aware of the need to maintain our high standards throughout the property.

I hope you will return to Inchydoney and enjoy the newly renovated pool area in the New Year.

Reviewed 21 October 2010

Stayed in the Lodge & Spa and delighted with the experience. Staff extremely friendly making our stay very welcoming and personal.
Bedroom:
Room was excellent - very luxurious and a coffee maker to die for! We sat on the balcony with a fresh brew watching the waves roll towards us. Very relaxing and soothing.
Food:
We ate in the bar first night - much higher standard than normal bar food and most restaurants! Second night we ate in the fine dining restaurant. Excellent experience.
Breakfast was fab - my wife and I have totally different tastes when it comes to breakfast and we were both delighted with the choice available.
Not sure what was in the locality so we stayed and used the pool (some really cool buttons to push here). Wife had a couple of Spa treatments and I had a revitalising walk on a very pretty beach.
Looking forward to going back - very soon!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Dear timmary060996

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to receive such good comments. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. The food both in Dunes Pub and the Gulfstream, I agree are exceptional. Our chefs are constantly creating and improving and I will pass on your kind comments to them.

We do hope to see you again soon in Inchydoney. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed in Inchydoney for a weekend after receiving a last minute deal. The standard of service that met us upon arrival was second to none and so welcoming. This standard was kept up for the entirety of our stay. We loved the Irish Mist, such a nice touch.

The hotel itself is beautiful with many different rooms to entertain a variety of people along with the spa and leisure facilities. All this before you even step foot onto the beach. Our rooms were really comfortable and luxurious, my only compliant would be the lighting, but that adds to the feel of a boutique hotel.

Our highlight of the weekend aside from the amazing beach has to be the breakfast. This, in our opinion was the best breakfast we've ever had. The choice of food and local produce was superb. The juices were fresh, and the bread was amazing.

Overall the staff were just great, a high standard for Irish Hospitality which can sometimes leave a lot to be desired. We can't wait to go back...but the original price of the rooms is a little off-putting.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2010

Dear Bumblebetty

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We welcome all feedback and appreciate it when guests take time to share it.

Its great to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you will be back to us. I have to agree that breakfast in the Gulfstream Restaurant is a treat. As you mentioned the wide variety on the hot and cold buffets is excellent.

I will pass on your kind comments to the staff here, I am sure they will be delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at Inchydoney.

Reviewed 10 October 2010

We booked a last minute weekend break at the Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa having heard about it from a friend. The hotel is set in a fantastic location and we were very lucky to see the beautiful views in great weather!

The staff were extremely welcoming, We were offered a complimentary glass of Irish Mist while our luggage was taken to our room. The room was well equipped and extremely clean. It also have a lovely view of the beach. Complimentary chocolates were left in your room each evening which were very tasty! The beds are very comfortable.

We ate in the bar bistro on our first evening which has an extensive menu and has a good atmosphere. They also had live music.

We did not avail of any of the spa treatments but did use the pool facilities. The only criticism we would have is that the pool area is a little dated but it is very clean and the facilities in the changing area are very good.

We will definitely be returning to Inchydoney and would recommend it. Hopefully we will get to go again soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Dear Lucy58

Thank you for your review and your lovely comments. Its great to receive feedback from our guests, so that we can continually improve. I understand your comments regarding the pool and I am happy to let you know that we will be renovating the pool area as part of our ongiong maintenance programme.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and your comments.

With kind regards

Des O' Dowd

Reviewed 9 October 2010

I have stayed at Inchydoney 3 times in the past 12 months. What an amazing place. I never check out without booking my next stay. In fact when we checked out in August we booked our next visit for January. (hoping to get back before then ;-) ) Apart from the amazing location, views and food, the biggest asset this hotel has is without doubt the staff. Special mention to Reuben at reception who is always pleasant and willing to inform you of the local attractions, weather and any other events or activities that may take your interest. Dunes restaurant is exquisite. If you can get one of the tables by the window overlooking the sea, all the better. The food is outstanding - could not be faulted and also a very extensive wine menu. The cocktails in the bar are also very reasonably priced. Lunch in the bar is also very enjoyable. We have also used the spa and once again our expectations were exceeded. The rooms are spotlessly clean (we always request the same rooms). The Nespresso machine is a nice touch and nothing can beat sitting in the balcony (overlooking the beach) in the morning before heading for breakfast. Breakfast again has a huge variety and no request is too much trouble for the staff. I have stayed in most of the 5 stars in Ireland ( Four seasons, Westin, G, etc )and this is by a long way a far superior establishment. The only place that I can think of that might be superior is Dromoland Castle in County Clare. Inchydoney lodge and spa should be 5 star and if they continue to maintain the level of service and quality at present I have no doubt but they will earn it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Dear Roadrunner7631

Thank you for the great review, I am delighted to read that you enjoy the hotel so much and that you are a regular visitor to us. I will pass on your comments to Reuben, I am sure he will be delighted.

Yes, the ocean views from the balconies are great arent there and topped off with a nespresso coffee... what more could you ask for!

Thank you again for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again for your next visit.

Des 0'Dowd

Reviewed 7 October 2010

To all you brides out there that havent checked this place out yet as a venue for your wedding shame on you! We held our wedding there in September and words cant describe how happy I was with the entire package. The staff are a credit to the hotel and mede everything stress free for us. Every guest at our wedding praised the food for both quality and quantity! The guests that decided to stay in the hotel werent disappointed either. The entire place is an oasis of calm and relaxation.
Its a must visit place !

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Dear BettyBooLondon

Thank you for your glowing review. I am delighted to read that you and your guests enjoyed your recent wedding with us. We pride ourselves on making every bride and grooms day as special and stress free as possible and I am glad to hear that we acheived our goal with your wedding also.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your first anniversary stay.

Reviewed 6 October 2010

Over the last number of years I've been lucky enough to have the pleasure to stay at this wonderful hotel.I have been there on my own on a relaxing break,and enjoyed their wonderful spa treatments.I have been there with my husband and family.I even celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary there.All I can say is it just gets better and better.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear pk4ct

Thank you for your lovely comments. It is great to hear from our loyal guests and we look forward to looking after you again during your next visit.

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Dunmore House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Clonakilty
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!