“Great, friendly, homely hotel”

The Clonakilty Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Enjoyed a few days in Clonakilty recently, great location here at the Clonakilty hotel, walking distance to the town, pubs, restaurants etc.. We enjoyed the breakfast full Irish was delicious both mornings and the staff were absolutely fantastic, very efficient, friendly and attentive. Will definitely be back and recommend for sure.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

an excellent ,family friendly,classy looking, clean luxurious hotel ,lobby,bar and restaurant..lovely irish insrumental music and warm stove set a comfortable relaxed ,atmosphere in the bar.friendly, well trained,happy looking,courteous,smartly dressed staff throughout.the food was gorgeoustastefully presented,great menu from early morning till late at night with a brilliant children/teen menu also-something on it for everyones budget and yet always presented with class. a cullinary delight that made you feel spoilt and pampered.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The emphasis here is on a lovely hotel, run by family with pride and enthusiasm. We stayed here for a night and had dinner in their restaurant - which is very well priced, cooked, and served, we thought pretty unbeatable all round. Will stay here again without a doubt, the town is lively and has several historic connections, with beautiful Inchydoney Beach a very short drive away.

Room Tip: Am sure all rooms are nice; ours was overlooking a couple of pretty buildings to the side of the hot...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Recently spent a weekend in Clonakilty and stayed @ the Clonakilty Hotel. Centrally situated but in a quiet area with parking provided at rear of hotel. After eating dinner there on arr ival, we decided that the food quality and choice was sufficient and reasonably priced, so we ate there again on our second night. While there is a bar available, it is more a restaurant. The reception area offers a nice relaxing area to either read, chat or attend to your lap-top. Under new ownership and opened since March '14, it is still undergoing improvements, but is already clean and comfortable. The owner, Christopher, with many years experience in the hotel industry,and his wife were friendly and entertaining and they deserve to make a success of their new venture. Would def stay here again if visiting the area.

Room Tip: We were informed that the bedrooms are receiving ongoing attention, but our room was the only one I...
2  Thank Owen O
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I would highly recommend the clonakilty Hotel, ran by a very hard working couple Christopher and Patricia. My stay here was most enjoyable and found the staff very accommodating. the ambience was very good and the food and drink was very reasonably priced. I was personally driven to the bus stop as I was hobbling on one leg. Whenever I return to West Cork this is where I'll lay my head for sure, thanks guys, Hughie.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Hughie D
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This is a family run hotel by Christopher and Patricia. I found them to be gracious hosts, friendly, kind and extremely helpful.
I have stayed at the hotel on a few occacions, with and without the family. They have gone out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

For breakfast upon request they would prepare off menue meals .... they are very accomodating.

In all my dealings with the staff I have found them also equally ad helpful.

The location is very central to get in and out of town walking or driving.

I would recommend The Clonakilty Hotel and staff. I Happily give them 5 stars.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank The_Rouxster
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I am not usually one to write reviews but this hotel definitely deserves one! Only one word can describe this place - SUPER!!! I first stayed in this hotel in June as a corporate guest. I felt very welcome from the moment I stepped inside the door. I was greeted at the reception desk by a lovely friendly lady (the owner). I also got to meet her husband who also made me feel very welcome. I chatted to them for a few minutes before heading to my bedroom. My room was spacious and nicely decorated. Later that evening I went to the bar to have a drink. There was a lovely atmosphere. I had my pint at the bar counter where I got talking to a couple who were away on holidays and also a local man - everyone had great things to say about this hotel. I really don't know what the people in the comment below are talking about because my stay here was a very pleasant one. This was mostly due to the very friendly owners who were very helpful and efficient. Last week my wife and I holidayed in Ireland. I had told my wife about this hotel so we decided to base ourselves at The Clonakilty Hotel to explore West Cork (my wife had never been to this part of the country before). We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights while touring places including Baltimore & Mizen Head. Yet again I had a very pleasant experience at the hotel. My wife felt the service provided by the owners was brilliant. They were very helpful and helped us greatly with our planning of our 3 days touring West Cork. So I have stayed in this hotel as both a corporate guest and a holiday maker with my wife and it is top class every time. I am already looking forward to my next business trip there in mid September with 2 of my colleagues. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to West Cork.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple