“Amazing local food”

Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Healthy, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Please note we only serve food Monday - Saturday 12:00 to 3:30 pm 4:00 on Saturdays .
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here for lunch on the strength of the trip advisor number 1 rating and can see it is well deserved. I had Scannells seafood chowder which was loaded with local fresh seafood with a smoked mackerel crostini on top, great touch, and my partner had a beef brisket bap that was bursting with flavour. Friendly staff and lovely strong coffees too. Will definitely return.

There are newer reviews for Scannells Bar

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Called into Scannells for lunch with some friends the food was amazing I loved the chowder so fresh and full of treats from the sea. My friends were amazed with the freshness of their food. The chef is an asset. Wait staff are friendly and efficient. Highly recommended you will not be disappointed.. Will be back.

1  Thank mags g
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We weren't disappointed from the moment we stepped in the door.
The barman was lovely and full of personality. He got my husband to try a local ale which he quite enjoyed.
Efficient service and reasonably priced!
Worth a trip for lunch!

The beer garden looks amazing!

2  Thank Hondapetunia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The food is lovely, along with the local staff - all very friendly. Great for food, drinks and a good night out. Thumbs up from my and i'm pretty fussy.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were in Clon for 5 days and popped in here for lunch with our 3 kids one of the days. It was wedged, but the very nice waiter with the beard found us a seat, quickly brought us menus and said the kids could have a half portion of anything, or any sandwich they wanted. My husband had a really delicious mackerel sandwich on homemade brown bread with salad, and I had a lovely light roasted pepper salad with caramelised walnuts and mozarella. The dressing was great. Best of all, for just 2.50 each, they made our kids lovely sandwiches with thick slices of ham and chicken on homemade granary. I tried one and they were just delicious- they really do give you a special sandwich in this place, not run of the mill! I had paid 2.80 each in the Spar the day before for the kids (one slice of Denny between 2 bits of Brennans), so Scannels was even cheaper for a sandwich ten times better. If you are in Clon with kids, defo drop in. they are so friendly and accomodating and its great value. Only negative was that we really wanted to go there for dinner but they only do lunch!

1  Thank R T