“Great coffee and scones”
Review of The R Cafe

The R Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "From Breakfast at 9 am with eggs Benedict,Omelette or Pancakes, homemade Scones(coeliac friendly, fruit or plain)to Lunch from 12 pm.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

we were hunting for gas for our BBQ when we came across this little gem. Friendly staff great scones with jam and cream and perfect cappuccinos. And we were able to soak up the sun on the pavement, while we watched drivers fume as the traffic ground to a halt because of a local funeral .

1  Thank tincan06

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I am not a person to complain, but this needs to be said. Where to start when we arrived (4aduls & 1 child), we sat in a nice large orange sofa. However the vibrant colour of the sofa was all that impressed us. From the moment the first waitress came to our table she was very negative and not one bit helpful, no smile.
My son had his heart set on pancakes, which were on the menu she gave us, however she said no after 12 we don't serve anything with eggs, but you can have the fry! (Um...it was 12.30 I know, but I smiled and asked politely-please we have travelled very far this morning!). She grunted and said no!
Then my son got his hot chocolate without marsh mallows, so I asked for them and none- for children!
Then the food came, I had a cous cous burger, the burger bun was still frozen- so I just ate the burger it was ok. However it would have been nicer if the waitress had laid the table properly and brought us cutlery, a bit impossible to be eating with fingers.
Don't get me started on the ladies toilets- there was no soup, and it could have done with a good clean to be honest.
The waitress kept saying they were under pressure and busy, but we were in the café part with 3/4 of it empty, the restaurant part was completely empty. I would not like to see this waitress working in a 110% full capacity café!
I ordered a chaia latte which, when I went to pay for had still not arrived. I paid my bill and waited for the chai latte. The second waitress to be fair to her, apologised for the service, I think she was embarrassed to be honest.
I got my chai latte and it was not chai! To be honest it was disgusting.
Anyway we will not be returning.
We went to a proper café and got proper chai latte and hot chocolates after!

1  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Had the pleasure of stopping off at this fine cafe and sampling the most delicious authentic stone based pizza I've tasted since my last trip to Italy. Divine and lovely staff, atmosphere and welcome - will definitely be back :)

1  Thank Finola_13
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My dad and I had eaten dinner in the attached Richy's the previous night and decided to come here for breakfast. As an American and a pancake fanatic, I really value a true "American-style" pancake here in Ireland. Usually I am disappointed. But here, the stack was fluffy and delicious, just as I had hoped, served with real maple syrup and a good helping of rashers. It was an excellent breakfast. All of the bakery--scones, brownies, etc.--looked mouthwateringly good as well. I will definitely be visiting the R Cafe the next time i am in Clon.

1  Thank Carly L
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Always get the all day b-fast, very nice indeed. Wife got a toasted sandwich last time, looked savage. Might be tempted on the next occasion..... Staff a very nice and friendly. Will def be returning and would recommend.

1  Thank roneill82