“Consistently Good every time, chefs with flair !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Malthouse Granary Restaurant - CLOSED

Malthouse Granary Restaurant
Price range: US$23 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cork
“Consistently Good every time, chefs with flair !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have eaten at this lovely cosy restaurant a few times the past year and it is consistently good. The food is superb, we went for the early bird menu which offers a nice selection of lovely dishes to wet your appetite !

I had the calamari and my husband had the chicken wings for starters, both were beautifully presented and served with a basket of lovely fresh bread. For mains we had the chicken and the Fish and Chips. The fish and chips is a wonderful dish and the chips are served in a little bucket, my chicken was tender and succulent. The chicken was served with a lovely selection of fresh vegetables and very tasty potatoes dauphinoise.

The chefs in this restaurant are worth their weight in gold as they know how to cook and present good quality food, a special thanks to them for a wonderful meal. We washed this superb meal down with a generous glass of French Chardonnay reasonably priced at €5.50 a glass.

The bill in total was €50.00, superb value, easy on the pocket but a treat for the taste buds ! This is what people want in these recessionary times. We look forward to eating from the A La carte menu before Christmas as we saw some of those dishes going out and they look divine !

A special mention also has to go to the great staff working at the Malthouse, they are always super friendly and efficient and always have a smile !

The Malthouse is a great venue for any occasion, get booking !

• Visited October 2013

Boston
“Why is there not a line out the door?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Can't understand why you can even get a reservation here. It looks small and daunting from the outside, but is really very cozy inside.
We arrived early but were easily accommodated.
The staff was attentive without being pushy.
The menu was short, but I always take this as a good sign - that they do a few things well rather than try to be all things to all people.
I loved my seafood pie; great balance of flavours and more than enough for me. My mother had a starter as her main course, and marveled at the array of tastes on her seafood platter.
the little one enjoyed her spaghetti immensely too.
The wine was perfectly matched to the meal - and my wife and I are rarely simultaneously in our praise of the wine.

• Visited August 2013
Millbury, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good choices and Early-Bird specials too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Service was excellent and food prepared well. We had chicken wings and calamari for starters and a roast chicken dinner and Seafood Pie for main course..

Visited September 2013
somoya
“Quite average, quite expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very friendly waiting staff, but they don't cook the food. It was rather average food, I had the seafood platter, which - besides the predictable array of smoked salmon also had smoked mackerel. But the hefty price tag made me feel more annoyed than the average food. The platter was EUR 25, and down the road in Dune's Pub at Inchidoney hotel you get what I would consider a tremendous seafood platter for a fiver more at EUR 30. My wife had lamb which was quite tough - again, something that I wouldn't expect in a restaurant like this.

Visited August 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was a second visit to the Malthouse and didn’t disappoint. This is a lovely restaurant in a very central location. The waitress was very helpful with our wine selection and attentive throughout. The menu choice is somewhat limited but the food offered is excellent. We visited on a Sunday night and it was very busy and had a great atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013