“Lovely views, great wedding but slightly expensive”

Dunmore House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed for a wedding. Could not fault the wedding food, reception etc. The rooms were lovely too. The view from the hotel itself is stunning. Our room didn't really face the sea, we never asked for this option. So maybe ask if you want a good view. There were not problems with the cleanliness of the room and hotel itself. However, one thing I found it was lacking in the room was a kettle for tea. It was a great hotel / room, but I think all in all was a bit expensive for what we got. I think you pay for the view and location more. Still, I would go again if there was a wedding there!

Room Tip: Not sure if you can specifically ask for a room with a view?
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vicious_toast

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I had just the best day of my life thanks to Dunmore and ann Marie! They did everything fo me and relieved all my stress! Honeymoon suite was amazing and staff fab! Most beautiful view in the world! I cannot recommend it enough for your wedding!

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank freyjabell
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed in one of the houses on the hill, overlooking the bay, during a stint for my sister-in-laws wedding recently. The house was great value, clean and spacious. The reception at the hotel was warm, and it was so idyllic sitting here in the afternoon with a coffee, taking in the view of the wintery sea stretched out before us. The staff, in particular Anne Marie, were exceptionally accommodating and friendly. The wedding went seamlessly because of their help. I didn't want to leave really..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Casey R
Reviewed 18 September 2012

stayed here recently,location was amazing but hotel was ok.food was alright.staff were friendly but the overall problem is the cost of the rooms,way overpriced for what you pay for,a real put off for me in the future.150 euros was the cost of a room with no seaview...a box room with double bed...wow!..but thats ireland for you...i know winter is coming and things will get quiet but charging these prices is very cheeky and off putting

1  Thank liadancork
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

From day one, when we met Anne Marie Harte, we knew this had to be the place. This, after we had seen the very prestigious Inchidonney across the bay. Was it the views from Dunmore, was it the approachability of Anne Marie or the homely feel of the place? To be honest, it was a combination of all three, none more important than the other!
Organising a wedding is very stressful, but when it came to organising ours, from the reception point of view, no stress what so ever! Nothing was too much trouble, nothing was an issue!
We had some guests were not keen on our choice of mains, but this was not an issue for Anne Marie and Dunmore. She told us off for worrying, and reassured us that everything would be fine, she promised us no one would leave disappointed. How right she was!!! To hear people rave on about the food over and over again meant to us that our guests have left satisfied! Almost everyone commented on the food, mainly about the quality, taste, how perfectly cooked the veg was and so on and so on...
As the groom, I was nervous before the wedding. I stayed at Dunmore the night before. Mary at reception was so nice to me from the minute I came downstairs on the big day. A cup of human kindness goes a very long way indeed. It meant a lot more given that my mother was unable to be there by my side.
I speak from the heart, that's the best way, we would forever be grateful to Anne Marie and Dunmore House hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Vishal97
Reviewed 15 September 2012

150 euro for a tiny room for one night with a dribble for a shower. would have been better off in a traveloge style place as that what i recieved just with an unworthy price tag. Also had no vegi option but the managed to find a nut roast for me but waitress was unsure they would be able todo it at first

Room Tip: dont stay here
7  Thank Liddy H
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed for a family wedding. This is a fantastic venue for a wedding. Ideal for photos over the bat. Room was also great. Food for Wedding was excellent and the breakfast was nice. Staff very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonakilty
Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre
Celtic Ross Hotel
Celtic Ross Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosscarbery

Been to Dunmore House Hotel? Share your experiences!