“Great staff, great views and great food, great hotel”

Dunmore House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Spent a weekend at this hotel at a friends wedding and have to say the hospitality that we received was outstanding.

We had problems with our room and the hotel solved the issue instantly.

The breakfast every morning was amazing. They have a set menu but we made some extra requests and they happily accommodated us in every way unlike a lot of hotels.

The rooms were very big and spotless. Hotel was so clean I thought it was just newly opened.

We also had an issue during the night and once again the staff were all over the problem for us. I cant recommend this hotel enough.

And wait till you see the views.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I came here with my husband for a short break to visit the area- the hotel had been recommended to me by a relative. On our arrival the receptionist was extremely helpful and later that evening dropped us off in Clonakilty so that we could enjoy the local food and entertainment which was great. The food in the hotel was very good and breakfasts were superb giving enough food to keep you going until a late lunch out on our travels. I would recommend this hotel highly and would visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2012

beautiful setting ,luxury rooms ,gorgeous food,friendly service - Family run which is obvious in the care and attention to detail by all staff. Cosy bar and lovely reception areas to enjoy a coffee or relax with a paper (and an amazing view)
Was staying for one night attending a wedding in the hotel( which was amazing),Cant wait to go back here !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank yodasmum
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Just spent the weekend here for my cousin's wedding and it was amazing. The atmosphere in the hotel and bar is warm and friendly. We had a family room (2 adults, 2 kids) which is really two rooms without the door in between. The room was large and spacious with the most amazing view over the bay. Breakfast is cooked to order with all the usual extras like croissants, muffins, fruit etc. Staff are friendly and attentive. The wedding dinner was (apart from my own!) the best I have ever had and everything served-up with elegance and attention to detail. People rave about Inchadonney next door but it isn't a patch on this place. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank eimearbeamer
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We drove past this hotel and thought it looked charming and we were not disappointed. The Hotel was an old house that has been built on a links golf course. The beach views and the gold course are beautiful. It was the off season, so we seemed to be the only people staying. The staff were friendly and polite giving us plenty of space. The food at the bar was your average pub grub and nothing to write home about. The rooms are clean and well decked out. We had a comfortable stay but a little expensive for the off season.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed for a wedding. Could not fault the wedding food, reception etc. The rooms were lovely too. The view from the hotel itself is stunning. Our room didn't really face the sea, we never asked for this option. So maybe ask if you want a good view. There were not problems with the cleanliness of the room and hotel itself. However, one thing I found it was lacking in the room was a kettle for tea. It was a great hotel / room, but I think all in all was a bit expensive for what we got. I think you pay for the view and location more. Still, I would go again if there was a wedding there!

Room Tip: Not sure if you can specifically ask for a room with a view?
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vicious_toast
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I had just the best day of my life thanks to Dunmore and ann Marie! They did everything fo me and relieved all my stress! Honeymoon suite was amazing and staff fab! Most beautiful view in the world! I cannot recommend it enough for your wedding!

Stayed: September 2012