“Menu Revamp Perhaps ?”

The Fig & Olive Cafe
Ranked #19 of 51 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Reviewed 13 August 2017

As a Clon local, we've been having a Saturday lunch snack here for some time now.
The food is generally good, the staff friendly and helpful and the athmosphere pleasant.
Their salads are very nice and the dressings divine.
My wife and I went there for lunch yesterday, which we very much enjoyed.
Service was exceptionally prompt. Remarking on this, I looked at my watch and realised that it was only 12:15. We were obviously ahead of the lunch time rush. We realised that the reason that we noticed the prompt service in the first instance was that on other, previous, visits between say 1:00 & 2:00 p.m. service was considerably slower. More often than not, we would have our coffees finished before the lunches arrived at our table.
I would have to say that although we normally enjoy the food here, a little bit of an overhaul on the menu would not go astray. It's been pretty much the same for as long as I can remember.
Price-wise, it's a little on the expensive side. There are very many cafes and bars doing lunch in Clon, many of whom are quite a bit cheaper.
Overall, it's a nice cafe, without being in the "super" category.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Was here today with lovely Ursula and my in-laws. Lovely spot. Spacious and airy, big high ceiling with great fittings, old antique table bases which I particularly like.

Good range of food and the latte is perfect!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Went to fig and olive during the week with the aqua ladies who meet every tue.the food here is absolutely fab the menu is great so many things to choose from I got homemade sausag roll skinny fries nd salad delicious .great price too 7-99 .if definitely recommend here .

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We were passing at lunchtime & saw that there was a cafe in the small shopping centre off the roundabout, so stopped - having a designated parking area was a big plus for us! There was a good selection on offer. Service was good, food came quite promptly and it was tasty. Quite happy with this place!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Located next to Scally's supermarket in the town with plenty free parking available. Great selection of fresh foods as well as coffees and sweets. Wine also available. Busy cafe with an option to eat outside weather permitting and not over expensive. Friendly staff, well worth a call.