“Warm hospitality”

Ranked #14 of 14 Clonakilty B&B and Inns
Overland Park, Kansas
“Warm hospitality”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We enjoyed the comfy room, walk down the hill to restaurants and shops, and from our bedroom window we could look down hill and glimpse the ocean. Breakfast was very good and we enjoyed our conversations with Theresa. We stayed two nights and would definitely go back for some wonderful Irish hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Arrived late to Clonakilty after realizing we wouldn't make it all the way to Kinsale before dark. Had no reservations & just drove around town when we spotted the shamrock on this "Luxury B&B" sign & pulled in. Theresa happened to have one room left for the night so we stayed. The room was clean & quiet, missing only a hairdryer. Breakfast was basic but good, mostly off of the hot menu - not much in the way of continental offerings. Theresa was much more talkative in the morning, but we moved on quickly - just good for an overnight, based on our experience. Can recommend Bella Napoli for good Italian food in town - easy walk (except for the hill).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed 2 nights and was really unimpressed. There is no wifi. The TVs in the rooms are made so that they can't be turned up to a volume where you can even hear anything. The bathroom door in our room didn't even stay closed, but had to be blocked closed with a heavy object. You have to request a glass of water at breakfast. And the owner is so not friendly. I would definitely not stay here again and I would suggest you keep looking!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank mbuya

Travellers are raving about these Clonakilty hotels

West Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The Tudor Lodge is a lovely home within walking distance of downtown. The seawalk is beautiful.

Our room was well appointed, with a good sized bathroom and shower. The view from our upstairs window was of lovely flowers in the backyard.

The sunroom is comfortable and inviting.

Breakfast is served at the time you request and is Continental or full Irish or both. This was a good bargain and a real find!

The breakfast is good

• Stayed July 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife and I have just finished travelling in Ireland for the last 2 wks and I am glad we saved the best til last!!After staying in both hotels and B+Bs tudor lodge was by far the best accomodation.Bright airy rooms, strong hot showers and breakfasts cooked on the spot piping hot it really made our stay.We were given lots of tips and advice on tourist attractions form the friendly hostess and got great recommendations for eating out which makes a big difference when you are travelling and want quality food but dont know whre to find it. A quite relaxing accomodation with tea/coffee facilities and rooms turned over everyday...hotels have a lot to learn from the lady of this house!!We will be back and have already recommended to friends travelling next summer.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed in Tudor Lodge for a weekend break with a few friends as I had always heard create reviews about this B &B. The location was ideal for us it was just a few minutes’ walk from the town but still far enough out of the town to have a peaceful stay. The B&B itself was really clean and provided us with a comfortable night’s sleep. The owner, a local lady, was able to provide us with expert advice on what to do during our short stay. The breakfast on both mornings was delicious and provided us with a taste of the famous clonakilty black pudding. Further to this, my friend has special dietary requirements which the owner was only too willing to cater for. I would go back and stay there again the next time I go to West Cork.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Weekender093
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I came to Clonakilty with the view of moving here, I stayed 3 nights in Tudor Lodge and found it comfortable and felt totally relaxed. On my arrival I got a warm welcome from the host and nothing was any bother. I was given addresses and directions to help me prepare for my move. My sister and I were served a lovely Irish breakfast which we thoroughly enjoyed.I will be going back to stay there and would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family