“tasty tandoori”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Basic but good Indian restaurant. Tandoori dishes in particular are recommended. Not the livliest spot, but with a few people in a group it is not really noticeable.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Hungry and jetlagged, my husband and I found this place late one night in Kinsale. The food was terrific. We would especially recommend the Boti Kebab, it came to the table smoking and steaming and my mouth started to water right away. I had the Lamb Tikka Masala and it was better than my favorite Indian place back home. We finished the night with a pot of Chai, and have felt more like ourselves than since we arrived.

Bring them your business, you won't be sorry!

2  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My sister and I loved the food at the Cobra. We shared a meal, and there was more than enough to share. The shrimp dish we ordered was described as medium/hot and was just as described. Service was excellent.

1  Thank streisand5
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The staff are nice....but one of the guys working there couldn't even discern between which dishes are spicy or not.....I got the butter chicken and it was disgusting....there was a very very weird taste from it which neither me nor my hubbie could identify....his dish was fine....bit watery....disappointed really....wouldn't recommend going here.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

The food isn't terrible, but they screw you over...intentionally. And it's not that meaning is lost in translation. We understood each other perfectly fine. It starts outside. The menu on the window is priced lower than the menu inside. So we sit down to order and find all of the prices inside are higher than advertised on the window but we decide we're too hungry and cold to bother going elsewhere. We'll just deal with the higher prices. That's fine, that's what we chose to do. The food was decent, priced a little high for the quality, but decent. They charged extra for everything, rice, or the bread...basically my entree was only the meat listed as was my husband's. So I kept a close watch on everything we ordered. When my husband went to pay, he very clearly said to charge us in Euros.

(We've learned that if you have an American accent, some places we'll do the conversion for you, charge you in dollars, then charge you a conversion fee without even asking if this is your preference...they can make extra money on the conversion fees and then you still will get charged an international fee by the credit card. The vendor charging you in dollars is supposed to help you avoid the extra credit card charge but it usually doesn't. So we always make a point to request that we be charged in Euros so we don't get charged all the extra fees.)

After zipping up our jackets and walking out the door my husband handed me the receipt to put it away. I took a look and was furious! They charged us for food we didn't order, they charged us in US Dollars, and added a fat conversion fee on top. Our bill totaled about $90. For two people! And it's not a fancy restaurant! I did the math in the restaurant, we never should have been charged that much! I have spent a lot of time in Ireland and this is not a common experience. They should stop being so dishonest. It reflects poorly on a great community.

There are too many other food options in Kinsale so I highly suggest you go elsewhere.

5  Thank ComeFlyWithMe_Carly