“good food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The food was good but the restaurant lacked ambiance.
The decor could be improved upon with linen napkins, table cloths and better quality tablewear .
Our waiter was charming however and this was an important factor in our enjoyment of the meal.
The take away business looked brisk!!!

1  Thank Assumptao46

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Another friday night,another Vindaloo.A once in a lifetime experience but only because I will never return.To be fair the Pilau rice was lovely but the chicken/lamb/prawns all had a hastily defrosted texture and flavour.Sauces were lukewarm and I do a better butter chicken at home.Service was Casual,slow and apologetic and there is probably more atmosphere on the moon.euro70 for two and poor value.

2  Thank Hippyhooker
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We are English so we like a good curry having lived near Bradford for many years where the good curry houses are located. We really enjoyed our meal and the service was very good, would definitely go there again if in Kinsale

1  Thank marjorie50
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My wife and I went for a meal in early April 2013. It was apparently the first night of employment at the restaurant for a young waiter. Lets hope that the standard he set that night is one he always adheres too. Endlessly polite, very helpful and always attentive. His boss apologised to us a couple of times for no apparent reason. I suspect that he was just eager to ensure that any little failings could be explained away as inexperience. There was absolutely no need to apologise. The service was fantastic and he didn't put a step wrong all night. The food was delicious. Reasonably priced, great variety and most importantly very, very tasty. We loved it.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I visited Cobra Tandoori with my family on Tuesday the 7th of May. The restaurant setup is plain and simple, but I like that for an Indian restaurant. The menu is quite extensive, price is reasonable, and the food is really good. I had a Lamb Vindaloo, and specifically asked for it hot, which I got. I like my food hot, and this is one of the few times I have managed to get that in an Indian restaurant in Ireland. My family was happy with their milder choices on the menu as well, so overall a good experience.