“Everything we hoped for”

Don & Barry's Historic Stroll in Old Kinsale
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Kinsale
More attraction details
Owner description: Don & Barry's Historic Stroll in Old Kinsale. The original daily walking tour of Kinsale. Daily 7 days from Kinsale Tourist Office at 11.15 April-Oct. Plus early bird tour at 9.15 May-Sept, Mon- Sat. Selected by Rick Steves as 'Kinsale's single best attraction' Duration 1 hour approx, suits all ages, rain or shine!Tours Nov-March by appointment only
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a wonderful time on Don & Barry's tour. We had Don as our tour guide. Since we were on the 9:15 tour it was with a fairly small group so we had lots of time to ask questions. Don was one of the most knowledgable tour guides I've ever heard and very friendly and engaging. I not only learned a great deal about Kinsale but also about how geography and history are connected. I would have loved to have Don as a history teacher. He was a very good story teller and brought the history of Kinsale to life. I would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank MariaKT

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My cousins and I thoroughly enjoyed Barry's exciting narration walking through Kinsale. I could picture the ships in the harbor over centuries. Barry was charming answering the tourists' various questions. His enthusiasm explaining the history of this exciting area spread over all the folks on tour. We honestly did not want it to end. Make sure you meet up with Barry and/or Don in front of the Kinsale tourist outlet. Wish we could have spend much more time in Kinsale. Thank you, Barry for making our tour memorable.

Mahoney - NewJersey

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were so happy we went on the Don & Barry's Stroll. Barry did a wonderful job of explaining Kinsale's interesting history in a fun, engaging way. I suggest that you take the tour early in your visit because it gives greater meaning to the business names and things you see around town during your visit. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Don's walking tour shed an interesting and informative historical perspective while on our short visit to Kinsale. From the strategic configuration of the harbor to the current layout of the town, Don thoroughly explained how Kinsale impacted the history of the region in a most entertaining way. Whether you're planning to spend a week or a day in Kinsale, make this tour a "must do" on the itinerary.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I was on the Kinsale tour with Barry in 2010 and I enjoyed it so much that I brought my 2 sisters on it when we visited a couple of days ago. Barry is still the brilliant story teller that he was 4yrs ago. Its a fantastic tour of Kinsale with lots of historical Information told in a way that brings all that history alive in your mind and told in such a fun way that you retain the information and remember all the bits that were told whilst your strolling through the town afterwards. A real gem in the crown of Kinsale. Thanks Barry for a very entertaining hour and half and all for only €6!!