“Bites By The Sea”

Vista Wine Bar
Ranked #26 of 73 Restaurants in Kinsale
Cuisines: Bar, European, Soups, Pizza, Spanish, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cork, Ireland
“Bites By The Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I'm a regular to Kinsale. My friends and I pop in there at the weekends on the way back from surfing. Usually, we buy pizzas on our way through. lately however, with the weather being soo good, we've decided to sit upstairs on the balcony and enjoy them. the view is stunning! overlooking the kinsale harbour it is truly breathtaking!
while i dont normally stray from my favourite 3 pizzas - the Pollo, Gaffer and Hot n' spicy - i did decide to get the burger last weekend. wow. it's mega. real big portion and packed with flavour, undoubtedly the best burger i've ever had. can't recommend this place enough!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank foodandsurfingislife

• Polish first
Galway, Ireland
“Worst value in Tapas ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had a meal here last weekend with my husband and have to say it was the worst value I have had in any restaurant in a very long while. My husband had a mediocre pizza and I had two items off the tapas list at €7.50 each - which the waitress assured me were decent portions. I do not have a big appetite, but had demolished both items in about 2 minutes. I had the shredded duck and hoisin sauce which came in two portions, divided between 1 tiny pancake. The meat was overcooked and dry and the whole portion came to about 4 ozs. The second offering was a goat's cheese tartlet - which was tiny with a little bit of salad on the side. I knew when they were produced that I would be starving when they were finished, so asked the waitress for the bread basket with hummous - we finished our meal and the waitress came to ask whether we had received the bread and hummous which we had not and informed us that it was a very busy night - the restaurant was half full so that was no excuse. I had paid €15 euros for a couple of mediocre tapas dishes which no way went to fill me - for that price we had a fabulous lunch the next day and had enough left over for a glass of wine. they really need to get their act together in today's world where money is scarce and it is still a treat to go out for a meal - but not to be ripped off in this manner. Disgraceful - will never never go back!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GalwayGirlAtHome
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely ambience, good food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

2nd time to visit vista having eaten here almost 3 years ago and really enjoying it. Sadly not such a pleasant seating situation, however we passed a very pleasant evening there with delicious food and attentive service. Well worth a visit if in Kinsale.

Parker, Colorado
“Best Guinness Casserole I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I could eat there every day and have this incredible dish. If anyone can get the recipe, please post.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank DBukes
Kinsale, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always excellent! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I'm a local in Kinsale, a town with many restaurants, but Vista has become my regular. Their menu is superb in its variety and the pizza is honestly some of the best I've ever eaten (and I've travelled all over Italy!) The staff are always friendly, helpful and eager to impress. This is all without mentioning the location, which is absolutely unbeatable, right on the Kinsale marina overlooking the harbour. All in all Vista is a fantastic spot to have a meal or to just enjoy a drink.

1 Thank NicoCargin