“Just had a drink after a walk”

The Bulman Bar & Restaurant Kinsale
Ranked #7 of 72 Restaurants in Kinsale
Price range: US$7 - US$42
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Seafood, European, Pub, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
San Francisco, California
“Just had a drink after a walk”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great views from this authentic pub. Only had drinks but others were eating what appeared to be great tasting food! Clean and a perfect stop after a walk from Kinsale to Fort Charles. Next time well have lunch there!

1 Thank maruska c

• Polish first
“This is a MUST”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Bulman just outside of Charles Fort is a must to eat after your tour of the fort. Have lunch and a Guiness and enjoy the views over the water back over to Kinsale Harbor and Kinsale.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank seger01
Meribel, France
“Only fantastic!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

You go to Kinsale as the gourmet capital of Ireland, there are many restaurants which are, in my opinion blah! In 5days I ate here 4 times. I know, a bit over doing it but it was such a fab experience everytime! I spent 2 occasions sitting on the pier wall enjoying the view with a nice pint and a crab crumble/ lobster risotto, well deserved after a nice 45 minute walk along the front from town, and there is a sweet little beach for kids to play on and throw sticks for the dogs. I sat downstairs once, where sitting with 3 kids, (fish and chips, and chowder being the general order of the day) the staff could not have done more for us, and there are plenty of places to sit away from the door. I also enjoyed a fantastic birthday dinner (fresh oysters, black sole) upstairs, which could not be faulted! Dont be put off by my mainly fish diet, its what I like to eat when I'm out, there were plenty of carnivore options. The staff, the atmosphere, ambience and simply the location are the dream of this place. Thank you for making my weekend Bulman.

2 Thank B0uche
Cork
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Despite living in Kinsale for almost 10 years, my husband and I were yet to eat at upstairs at the Bulman. So, winding down with some family and friends after our daughter's wedding we booked a table for a group of us. We found the restaurant bright and contemporary, with a relaxed atmosphere. We were treated to great food and wine, great service, and a great view of the sun going down over Kinsale harbour. A great end to a great week!

1 Thank Hazel B
Dublin, Ireland
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stopped here for sunday lunch, unfortunately it was too windy to sit outside, but the table we had inside was along the window and everytime the door opened it was very draughty. We ordered starters and mains but both came out at the same time....the waitress wanted to leave the hot risotto and take back the oysters!! The staff need a pep talk, they didn't even know what the dessert of the day was!!! Saying that the food was very good.

1 Thank yoto2014