“One day pottery course”

Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre
Ranked #14 of 34 things to do in Kinsale
More attraction details
Owner description: Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre offer short courses in a wide range of arts and crafts throughout the year. These include pottery, stained and fused glass, jewellery-making, mosaics, batik, needle felting, weaving and rag weaving,sculpting in silver and childrens arts and crafts. We specialise in one-day workshops and weekend breaks for visitors, and half-day sessions for groups of between 6 and 50 people. The Centre also has a large gallery of Adrian Wistreich's ceramics.
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was a birthday gift for my friend Esther,we bought love pottery so were really excited about trying to make some. We had a really enjoyable day,Adrian is a great teacher and made the experience totally enjoyable. It was also an honour to view Adrian's own work and hear all about the different techniques he uses in his work,a truly great craftsman. Would highly recommend these courses.

Elizabeth

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I immersed myself in a 3 day pottery workshop a week ago. It was a wonderful experience. We got to learn about various methods of working with clay and also got a taste of throwing and turning on the wheel. There were people from all walks of life taking part as well as all ages which added to the experience. I would highly recommend the course!

2  Thank 909Judith
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Great weekend making pottery pieces. Went with my mom for some mom n' daughter bonding time. Great laugh, great memories and some lovely pieces made to show off to family and friends. Highly recommend this course.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Having been on a 1 day taster course for pottery in 2011, I wanted to return to Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre with friends, and my hen party was the perfect excuse. We had an absolutely lovely day, and everyone in the group from experienced art teachers to the self-proclaimed noncreatives thoroughly enjoyed it. Adrian is a very good teacher and instructed us wellwhile still giving everyone creative freedom. It's great value for money as we all have 3 or 4 pieces to take home next week. Thank you very much for our lovely day - we'll be back!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My mom and I had a fantastic time during the one day introduction to pottery course at the Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre in May 2012. Adrian, the tutor was full of knowledge, very informative and in my opinion extremely patient with what I can only assume must be repetitive questions for him, overall a great tutor.

I would definitely recommend this course for anyone who is interested in pottery and has no experience. Apart from it being excellent value for money (you make 3 items and collect them another day once Adrian has glazed and fired them up), it is very relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable day. I have to admit, I was wrecked that evening, I'm more of a logical rather than creative person, and found it hard to think of inspiration, but Adrian has a wide selection of pottery books full of examples and ideas.

Tea and coffee are available (self service throughout the day). I would recommend to pack a picnic for lunch if you are going to the Centre on a fine day, as there is a nice seating area outside and it was nice to chat with the other attendees during the lunch break. I was so impressed with it, I'm going again this weekend with my sister, but seeing as the weather is a bit chilly, we'll probably venture into Kinsale for our lunch.

Also, wear old clothes, aprons are provided, but the clay does find a way of getting on your clothes, and you don't want to spend the day worrying about that:-)

All in all, a great day out, I would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank rdbCork