“Spectacular”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kinsale
Old Head of Kinsale
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Not too often you can rate everything about a place as excellent. Old Head is one of them. From the very first sighting of the golf course everything is WOW. The location is stunning with the golf course sitting at the end of the peninsular. You are greeted at the entrance and directed to the car park where you are meet. Bags and golf clubs disappear only to reappear in your room and at the bag drop after check in. We decided to have a caddy - Brian choose to carry both our golf bags no mean feat around Old Head. The course is amazing and Brian made it a pleasure to play that we will never forget. Restaurant and food are amazing with spectacular views. The rooms are quiet, beautifully decorated have all amenities. A must for golfers but can be enjoyed by everyone who enjoys wonderful scenery.

Room Tip: Golfers get a caddy recommend Brian. Be ready to be stunned.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is one hell of a spot, wonderful place. We went for the golf but couldn't play in the end due to injury. Instead we enjoyed the services at the hotel, where the food and was excellent, service very friendly (not at all stuck up as I had feared given the stature of the golf club).

We took a buggy round the course in the morning and it was spectacular - can't wait to return with my clubs.

Room Tip: We had suite 3 which was lovely. I'd imagine they are mostly similar, overlooking the 18th.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ss7680
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This gem is everything you might want when getting away from your hectic schedule. I am not a golfer but I wish I were when I visit this spectacular course and hotel. I walk the course with my friends that play golf and it truly is breath taking as well as being a challenging golf experience as it can get pretty beaten by the weather especially the winds. We have just spent two nights here and the weather was stunning, sunshine and a pleasant temperature. The team of people that run Old Head are friendly, professional and all go the extra mile to make your Old Head experience truly special and memorable for all the right reasons. The breakfast is good, the lunch menu has fantastic chowder, fish and chips or the the seafood platter and other good fare. The evening dining menu has a small but excellent choice of good seasonal mains. We had the lamb and also tried the lobster. Try the crumble its pretty good. Excellent wine list for any pocket. Did I say that we thought it was fabulous. Hope to return in a month or so. The rooms are very comfortable and cosy with truly the most amazing views.

Room Tip: Old Head closes for a few months over the winter when the weather closes in.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aj2509
Reviewed 6 December 2013

One of the great golf courses in the world. Lucky to have added this jewel to collecdtion of Top 100 in world. (Have played 24 so far) Visually staggering --- great condition for end of season. And bonus --- hotel of 14 rooms one of the best ever! Not cheap but worth the money if you are going to Ireland.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Lighthouse and the Sea --- Stunning!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pushincushin
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My first time at the Atlantic Ocean. I am happy that I went to the cliff there. It is really ammazing and beautifull. It look like an actual head. Unfortunetly the park was closed and I didn't find a place to reach the water.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Discovered this special place by word of mouth. "You just have to go and experience it," was the recommendation. We were not disappointed. Spectacular setting, great service and attention to detail, delicious food, luxurious rooms, and a golf course to inspire and test the best amongst us. A truly worthwhile excursion off the beaten track. Take a couple of extra balls, and a caddie.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeasuredPost
Reviewed 28 October 2013

this is a small property on the course... the course left me speechless.. the property was wonderful.. the staff so accommodating... the food was excellent and the service was better... and the views were incredible

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keith h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinsale
Actons Hotel Kinsale
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Dunmore House Hotel
#2 of 8 in Clonakilty

Been to Old Head of Kinsale? Share your experiences!