“Beautiful place to have lunch”

Old Head Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: Ruggedly beautiful golf course overlooking the Celtic Sea.
Clearwater, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful place to have lunch”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The golfers were drooling as we entered the grounds of this unique and beautiful golf course. Our lunch was superb and the gift shop was excellent.

• Czech first
Corona Del Mar California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Played in a hurricane and still loved it...”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Probably the single most memorable round of golf in my entire life. We started out with some light wind and a knowledge that rain was imminent but we knew this was our opportunity to play Old Head. After 3 holes I was 1 over and loving it and the weather started to deteriorate but not the spirit of our group or our caddies. As the rain grew, the wind began to howl by the 9th my scorecard was a glop of mush in my pocket and two of our foursome called it a day. This course is like no other and my playing partner and I asked the caddy if it was ok to continue, alas he said I always get the crazies or the brave and he decided we were both. The back 9 is something to behold and by 14 the flag was literally bent over at a 45 degree angle and water was ponding on the green. 18... oh the 18th is a tee shot of a lifetime. If you are making a list of courses to play in Ireland and you just can't decide, I will leave you with this... this is the only course that all of us said we would repeat if we ever make it back to Ireland.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank LivinInCDM
Glastonbury, CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place is a postcard location with a world famous golf course. No matter what direction you look while playing the course it is an awesome sight. The golf shop greeters were all very nice and handled our check in and merchandise purchasing very professionally. The experience is priceless and worth the rates charged. Enjoy!

1 Thank Bob W
New York City, New York
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Makes Pebble Beach look like complete garbage”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Old head is the greatest golf course on earth. It came from outer space and blows all other courses away, sends them home crying. Alone on the end I a peninsula, it is well guarded (don't even TRY to drive in without a reservation). The cliffs are sheer and gorgeous. The view is legendary ( I can almost see the Lusitania going down). The fairways are challenging and unique. The numerous signs forbidding you to walk near the edge are real and necessary. The lighthouse is a great centerpiece, and the course layout brings you back to it a few times. The clubhouse is PERFECTLY designed to blend in to the stone ruins and walls that cris-cross the landscape. My one complaint is that the club logo is gross. It's an image of the large, ancient stone by the lighthouse - the stone with the round hole in the top. Yes, club logo looks like a huge, crinkly, wrinkled, slightly lopsided, old, male member. Ick. Just imagine that thing on your shirt, above the words "OLD HEAD." Derp. The committee in charge of that one should be forced to wear that logo for a week outside of Ireland. But aside from that small carbuncle, it's a MUST PLAY BEFORE YOU DIE course.

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Old Head is the most spectacular golf course I have seen. Sadly I was injured so couldn't play it, but drove a buggy round the course and it was magical. Booking a return trip as soon as I'm fit.

Visited April 2014