“Golf Heaven”

Old Head Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: Ruggedly beautiful golf course overlooking the Celtic Sea.
Mona Vale, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Golf Heaven”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you are a truly a golfer the Old Head Golf Links must be put on your bucket list. I have been lucky to play almost all of the top 100 courses in Australia and many courses over seas. But Old Head is so special .I was told about it from a friend in London who said it was a must. When we arrived we were made to feel special but it was the guy in he car park who convinced me to play, he had a grin from ear to ear and said that is the best course in the world. Being an aussie we tend to be sceptical but the course didn't disappoint, the layout, the views, the condition were second to none that I have been priviledged to play , so if you have the chance to play don't miss it. Mike Radford Mona Vale GC , Sydney , Australia

Visited August 2014

• Czech first
Geneva, Switzerland
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Best golf experience ever !!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I really had high expectations while heading to Old Head, and they were all easily exceeded! My wife and I had an unforgettable round : sunny and virtually windless conditions, beautiful clubhouse, efficient and friendly staff, valuable caddie (Kilian), stunning seaside landscape, breathtaking shots over cliffs, manicured and beautifully designed layout, Old Head offers a once in a lifetime golf adventure. This is not the best course I’ve ever played, but it’s by far my most exciting golf experience ever! Expensive but highly recommended.

All my pictures are available at following link : http://tinyurl.com/ng92atb

Visited May 2014
1 Thank AuldCom
St. Petersburg, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beyond Pebble Beach”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've had the privilege of having played Pebble Beach, Spyglass, Pine Valley and Pinehurst #2. Old Head equals Pine Valley and is superior to Pebble. Our 7:45 tee time allowed unrushed play and the weather was fantastic with very low wind. The caddies were indispensable as we were unfamiliar with the numerous blind shots and green speeds (super fast). If there was wind, it would have added 8-12 shots to our rounds. As it was, it was an amazing experience for son Michael and me and our 16+ handicaps. The clubhouse was so amazing that we returned with the lasses for a spectacular dinner. All you need are plenty of balls and cash to enjoy a very rare treat in Ireland.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank skwagman1
Hopewell, Virginia
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The weather was rainy off and on. But the course was so beautiful. After the morning fog burned off, it was probably the most scenic I have ever been able to play. We had a hard time with the speed of the greens but it was so damn beautiful. If you get a chance to play go for it.

WA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lucky few”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Via a very kind relative we were able to make booking for lunch at the restaurant with family and good family friend. Have been looking at this course for near 14 years since I having been visiting Kinsale. Great pictures from the rise looking on but nothing compared to what the golfers see every round. Security at gate was very efficient but he was just doing his job.

Arrived at the club house and they have done a magnificent job in creating a golf club that really fulfils he needs of those who play and those who have come for the sights.

Lunch was ordered as the menu looked very good, could not wait for what was to come. It was as good as the view over a blustery Atlantic. Service was extremely good, noted that John kept all entertained in a very polite manner.

Though this course is not for the general public, anyone who can afford to play here will get some of the best views net alone golf of their life. The food matches the course - first class

If you are on a golf tour of Ireland, put this on your must do list

Visited July 2014