“Great house and great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Perryville House

Perryville House
Ranked #6 of 55 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Lake Elsinore, California
“Great house and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at Perryville house this September. Andrew is a gracious and helpful host.
Our room had a wonderful water view. Our room was very large and decorated with refined taste.
There are beautiful antiques throughout the house. A nice cozy fireplace with a warm fire every night in the common living room. Our bathroom was very modern and a nice size. Breakfast was abundant, buffet and meal cooked to order.
There is reserved parking.
The location is great. Easy in and out of town. Easy walking to all sights, pups, and restaurants.
Our room was in the front of the house, but very quiet.
We liked being a very short walk to a nice size grocery store.
I would highly recommend Perryville house when in Kinsale.
daisyCalifornia

Room Tip: A room with a view of water in front of house.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

On my fifth visit to Kinsale I've found the place I want to stay in for every future visit. Perryville House is a beautifully decorated, spacious guesthouse, perfectly situated facing the water in Kinsale town centre.

Whatever you do, don't skip breakfast. The dining room in itself is worth the visit, the breakfast top quality, cooked to order with a list of the local suppliers provided.

Andrew and his staff were all very friendly and the personal touch added by being greeted every time you return, really makes you feel welcome.

I can't recommend Perryville House enough. Like I said, I want to return to Kinsale many more times because I love the place. I'm only going if I can stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

In our modern age, it is unusually difficult to recreate the past decoratively and authentically without either pretentiousness or an accusation of it. I have seen this in many countries during my travels as a foreign correspondent and had learned to live with it. What a pleasant surprise, therefore, to encounter and enjoy the “genuine article” at Perryville House – a Kinsale hotel which cosseted my wife and me for a glorious week at September’s end. Formerly a private residence, this centuries-old edifice has walls adorned with ancient oil paintings, huge bedrooms with high ceilings and breath-taking views of the magnificent Kinsale harbour. The décor is tasteful, the atmosphere welcoming, the downstairs drawing-rooms, like our upstairs accommodation, luxuriously comfortable, and our host, Andrew Corcoran, meticulously solicitous (if that’s not too much of a mouthful). Within two days of staying at Perryville House, my wife and I had vowed to return at a later date, such was the extraordinary pleasure we gained from this hotel and the wonderfully winding Medieval streets of the town with their huge range of seductive restaurants – not to mention poignant history.
Cal McCrystal

Tarrytown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Spent our first two nights in Kinsale and after being exhausted from the flight and Ireland driving, Andrew at the Perryville House did all he could to bring us back to life. Charming, lovely setting. Rooms were spacious, breakfast amazing the best coffee of the trip.

Irish hospitality at its finest!

Room Tip: Go to Crockpots for dinner...amazing and the White House Pub for some fun!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

Wasn't told when booking this hotel (through the owner) that I and my 71 year old mother would be stuck in a room up 3 flights of stairs (no lift). The room itself was gloomy and dreary with no tea/coffee making facilities. The archaic tiny portable tv that didn't even work added to the down market feel of the room. Be sure to remember your slippers if you're ever staying in this place as the ugly hard as hell rope carpet is torture on bare feet!

Although I had originally given my cc details on booking the room I found it strange that the owner didnt require my cc when paying on leaving. Instead he instantly produced a receipt. When I checked the receipt later I realised he had in fact debited my card for the full amount the day before my arrival!! A tricky character indeed - steer clear.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Mary M
ALBERTA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We stayed 3 nights here. It was lovely. Rooms are a good size, giving you room enough to stretch out. They are very clean!! Location cannot be beat for finding great restaurants and pubs. Most charming lobby and common areas compared to any guesthouses or hotels in Kinsale, that we could see.Kinsale is an amazing place to enjoy great food, and this is a wonderfully cozy place to get a restful sleep. Breakfast was included and very good. The lady who took care of us in the breakfast dining area, was welcoming and did a great job every morning we were there. Good Hot showers every morning as well. P.S. we stayed the day previous in a castle and the common areas in this guesthouse compare to that luxurious feeling. : )

State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Andrew is my new best friend! He welcomed my daughter and me with a huge smile, parked the car for me in a very small space and took us up to a beautiful room overlooking the harbor. He asked what we would like to have for dinner and made several recommendations, and showed us the menus.
We had tea, sandwiches and salad in the tearoom. Food was excellent!
Took the ghost tour in the evening. The weather was drizzly which made the slightly corny tour very atmospheric.
Breakfast in the gorgeous dinning room was wonderful and beautifully served.
Yes, the inn is on the main road, but the noise didn't bother us at all. The welcome and top notch service really enhanced our trip to Ireland.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family