“Most Disappointing”
Review of Perryville House

Perryville House
Ranked #6 of 53 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We fell in love with Kinsale and wanted to stay a second night. Sadly the Trident Hotel was fully booked so we thought we'd try the Perryville. Bad mistake! The manager treated our enquiries with the utmost rudeness. He said that Northerners were unwelcome in Kinsale because they 'fled the North like rats!" during the July holidays. He also directed an Anglo Saxon expletive at my wife and son which quite ruined the rest of our weekend. Tourist destinations need well trained ambassadors. Unfortunately the man at Perryville was no loss to the diplomatic corps!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank RavaraMike
andrewcorcoran, Owner at Perryville House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear MIke .

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review . Its a great shame that you didn't give the full story . You arrived with your mother at my guest house at approx 4pm on saturday afternoon and enquired about the availability of 2 rooms for the night . I had two rooms available and I quoted you the rates .You were not willing to pay the rate I quoted , and you then asked me to reduce my rate , this I was unwilling to do . Both of you then sat down by the fire and we chatted for a while and a few guests checked in and I dealt with them and every time I came back to reception you asked me to reduce my rate . I think you asked me six times to reduce my rate . Rather tiresome on a busy saturday evening . any way you eventually left and because you were unable to bully me to reducing my rate you decided to write a review and take out of context matters we had discussed while you were here .Quite sad really .

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

What a lovely village and Perryville House seems to be the crown. We had a large room on the top floor overlooking the bay, yachts and hills. Huge 4 poster bed and beautiful decor. Beautiful big windows and chairs to sit in and admire the view. Noisy bathroom air filter but decent bath and separate shower. Breakfast was delicious with great organic and local sourced food. All in all, a perfect place to stay in Kinsale

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nadya B
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Beautiful hotel located perfectly in Kinsale town over looking the harbor. The bedroom is old fashioned but beautifully decorated with a large four poster bed. The owner Andrew was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is served in the breakfast room which was so tasty, fresh honey from Andrews bees, all the food is sourced locally and the sausages, eggs, tomato and rasher was cooked perfectly. I thought it was a little pricey. The superior room was 220 euro however when the sun was shining in that afternoon and we could sit out on the balcony overlooking the town and harbor it was worth it. The bathroom was spotless and there was a seperate bath and shower. There is a shop and a little cafe/bakery right next door and your within walking distance of all the restaurants that Kinsale has to offer. Andrew will help you with deciding on somewhere to eat and even made a booking for us when we arrived.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a four poster bed facing the harbor on the 2nd/3rd floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Hotel room in Milan may have been nicer, but the combination of room, breakfast, comfortable and inviting common areas, and welcoming environment (Andrew and his staff as well as our fellow guests) were top notch. Location in Kinsale is also terrific. The breakfast room, the menu, and the service from the wait staff were amazing. No question that when we visit Kinsale next time, we will seek to stay at Perryville.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vern H
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We absolutely loved the Perryville House. We had a room overlooking the harbor and the views were wonderful. The room was very nice as was the entire place. The main living room would have peat logs burning in the fireplace on the cool evenings. The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was also amazing with its local produce and they actually had bees on site to produce honey. The honey and jams were top notch ... don't miss breakfast! The owner also helped out on selecting places for dinner and actually made our reservations as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were only going to stay one night at the Perryville House in Kinsale, Ireland, but it was so fabulous that we stayed another night. The decor and furnishings are warm and welcoming,as is the staff. The breakfasts were delicious and the bedrooms are spacious, comfortable and inviting! We stayed at many hotels and Inns while we were in Ireland and the Perryville House was our favorite! We will definitely stay here again when we return to Ireland.

Room Tip: Our room facing the courtyard was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I loved the Perryville. It was my favorite of all the places we stayed in Ireland. Andrew the manager was so charming. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The views were beautiful and breakfast in the morning was amazing. I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple