“top quality hotel, in all aspects!”
Review of Perryville House

Perryville House
Ranked #6 of 53 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2014

What a splendid hotel. top quality rooms and bathrooms, bio breakfast from local suppliers, top host with excellent recommendations for restaurants in town, at a walking distance.
I can highly recommend this hotel. You think you'll enter fawlty towers, but the opposite is true. everything is excellent. the smallest details have been looked after. wow!!
i will definitely book my next Ireland trip with more Kinsale days in it with this wonderful hotel I'll never forget my stay here.

Room Tip: front side with a splendid view is super!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nelly B
There are newer reviews for Perryville House

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Enjoyed an over-night stay in Perryville. Our request for feather-free bed coverings was adhered to and all personnel were business-like and efficient. Andrew, the front-of-house man, is friendly and voluble, advising us on restaurants etc. Breakfast was lovely, perhaps lacking a little in variety - no fish or pan-cake options, but plenty of fruit, bacon, eggs etc. Common living-room areas are roomy and comfy, with a fire lighting, even on a chilly August evening.

Room Tip: you pay extra for room with a sea-view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joan B
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We phoned to ask if the hotel had parking and enquire about availability. The man who answered the phone was almost contemptuous in his manner. We asked if the hotel provided secure parking, which we didn't consider an impertinent question. We were informed that there was parking, but on the street, but in a very rude and impatient manner. All he needed to say was that the hotel had private spaced allocated to them on the main street. But his whole manner was so unfriendly we decided not to stay there at all.

7  Thank paripatetic
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I decided to bring someone back to my room tonight and was stopped and told no one was allowed to come to my room. Remind me again why am I paying hundreds of euros to stay here so that I may be told what I can and can't do in my room and whom I can and can't have in my room?!!! You've got to be pulling me leg!!!!! What is this... Secondary school?

• Stayed: August 2014
9  Thank ConnerParker
andrewcorcoran, Owner at Perryville House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Conor Parker . Thank you for your review. There are a number of incorrect facts in your review . 1st . You never crossed the door of my guest house . 2nd You never paid 100's of euros to stay . 3rd we are not a secondary school . What did happen was you tried to gain access to our guest house at 3am in the morning accompanying a very young lady who was part of a family group. She was staying in a family room with her 2 under age sisters, her parents and the people who were paying for her room were in an adjacent room all of whom were asleep. The night porter was correct in the decision he made in not allowing you access. This incident was recorded on CCTV. Shame on you Conor from Kinsale for writing incorrect reviews about your own town

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I loved our clean spacious room with a view of the harbor. All the hosts and servers were very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was made from fresh local foods. Everything you want in Kinsale is a close walk, but the hotel even provides free convenient parking, if you need it.

1  Thank Lorene B
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Perryville for 2 nights during a biking trip. The owners of the hotel were very friendly and willing to fill you in on the history of the house. They were also helpful and gracious when asking for restaurant recommendations or activities in the area. The rooms were large and comfortable. Hotel was nicely decorated with beautiful fresh flowers and furniture that was cushiony and comfortable. Breakfast was enjoyable. Great location in Kinsale. Walkable to everything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the Perryville Inn last week and was looking forward to a wonderful stay in Kinsale. Upon arrival, we were talking to our driver about our next day's plans when the owner, Laura, interrupted us, never said hello or welcome and then proceeded to tell us that our she had already showed our husbands to our rooms and wanted to show us to ours and rushed us along. I was really embarrassed and shocked. Quite honestly, it was as if we were interrupting her day! When I got to the room, my husband shared he had same experience with her. Our room had a view of the Garden and then harbor - it was nice but our friends had a lovely view of the second floor overlooking the harbor. I went back to Laura and inquired about changing to a different view at which point she very rudely stated that this was the price point we were charged (we paid same as our friends). I shared we would pay more for better view, she replied that she couldn't move us until next day - ok no worries. Next morning while passing I had shared with Laura I thought we had gotten off on the wrong foot (hoping she was just having a bad day prior). No such luck - just as rude as day prior telling me she had "no problems" with me and not in a nice way. Very unfortunate because it really made my husband and I feel we couldn't wait to leave. The remainder of the staff, especially Mary in the gift shop, were lovely!

Lucky for us our next stop was the beautiful Dromoland Castle where hospitality is always plentiful and the venue spectacular.

Bottom line.....if you want to stay at Perryville Inn - try and avoid Laura at all costs. Maybe dealing with her husband, Andrew, would have been better.

Room Tip: Don't take first floor garden room unless you want people sitting at tables looking in while you...
8  Thank Kathleen S