“€150 for what!”

Ranked #6 of 53 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Galway, Ireland
“€150 for what!”
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Stayed 1 night in Perryville and while the reservation service and 1st impression was great - the actual accommodation was not at all up to standard. Basic standard room, No TV in room on arrival, no tea/coffee making facilities, basic old skool decor. Manager arrived with tiny portable tv and remote control that didnt work. While TV wasnt a significant part of the trip I did want to chill for 20 mins after our journey to Kinsale. Heavy rainfall cause leak in hallway outside door, pigeons nesting in attic woke us during night (despite wine & irish coffees with dinner!). Breakfast was fresh&tasty but service finished at 10am which we felt was early for Sunday. Most annoyin was the knock on our bedroom door at 10.40am stating check out was 11am.....hence my question €150 for what. Needs to move with times, wont be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JenJones75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Bermuda
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Perryville House couldn't be any more central in Kinsale, very clean, well run establishment. Parking (worth the price alone!) internet, etc etc...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Excellent hotel in Kinsale, a very good B&B experience. Enjoyed our overnight stay immensely. Large comfortable very clean room overlooking harbor and breakfast was great. Near everything in Kinsale. Hosts were extremely helpful with lunch and evening dining reservations, directions, parking and enjoyable discussions. Good value, perfect for us and we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
kilkenny
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I was due to stay at another hotel as I was attending a dinner in Kinsale - theorignal hotel called me at 6pm on the evening of my arrival, just as I arrived in Kinsale after a long drive to let me know they were overbooked - as it happened I was delighed to stay in the lovely Peryville - great location and the atomosphere and welcome of the building made me want to stay in and read a book by the fire - best nights sleep I have had in ages - I had forgotten how lovely Kinsale is and I will be back and I wil be booking the Perryville -Carrie

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank carriemosley0
London
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Great Location, huge room, big comfy bed. Friendly helpful and charmingly Irish service.

The decor was traditional and little twee, but nice and in keeping with the style and age of the hotel.

One downside was no heating in the room or bathroom which was ok as it was fairly warm in October.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We drove by on our approach into Kinsale and decided to explore the possibility of staying at Perryville House, altho we had stopped by the tourist office and they told us Perryville House was no longer a member.
The gentleman that greeted us was cordial, showed us a room, and we decided to book for the night. Breakfast was typical, after the wait staff forgot to put our order in. Nice recovery on that one.
Before leaving, my wife decided to curl her hair with her curling iron brought with us from the States. We had a brand new electrical converter that we had purchased upon arriving in the country and had used it in other hotels. Luckily it was heating up on a glass table, because the plastic tip on the end completely melted and fell onto the floor, and I recovered it before any damage was done.
When I approached the woman in the office at check out, she immediately became very defensive and downright rude. We were just trying to make her aware of the situation. instead of being concerned about our welfare, and her property, she accused us of it being all our fault. In all of our two weeks in Ireland, this property was the ONLY one that did not treat us with the incredible Irish hospitality. Trust me, eventually this will catch up with them.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Savetheday
Dublin
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Perryville is a truly beautiful property in a stunning location, overlooking the harbour. Kinsale is a beautiful place and staying somewhere like Perryville is in alot of ways the "perfect" place to say...alot of the rooms overlook the water, 4 poster beds, beautiful furniture... however that's where the story changes...the business is run by 3 people, think they are all related, one of them is very sound and most helpful, however the other 2 were so rude, helpful when it suited them...at times made you feel you were trespassing on "their property" ...they so need to learn to be polite!! Anyway if you decide to go you will see what I mean, both good and bad..if you decide not to go there are so many other options...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank katsdublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinsale
Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
Hayfield Manor Hotel
Long Quay House
Long Quay House
#12 of 53 in Kinsale

Been to Perryville House? Share your experiences!