“Wonderful view, nice hotel and kind, welcoming staff.”

Trident Hotel Kinsale
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Dover, Delaware
“Wonderful view, nice hotel and kind, welcoming staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed here with a family/friends tour group of 10 for two nights, on a tour through the south of Ireland. This hotel is located in a very beautiful spot... it is aptly named "World's End", because that is what it seemed very much like... the setting is beautiful, lush and green with the beautiful blue water of the port in front of you...the solitude was wonderful. It reminded me very much of my childhood summers at the beach. There may be a few raw edges at the Trident here and there, but that comes with a place on the water... it adds to the rustic appeal. The rooms were quiet and comfortable, the staff was helpful and very pleasant to us. The meals were on the whole very good, but seafood tended to be served under (or hidden by) sauces, which is somewhat unusual this close to the water; also, the desserts needed a little work. The irish steak was incredible. The dining room staff was very efficient, and blanched at nothing we requested, no matter what.
The hotel is a short walk from town, and a very pleasant walk at that. I would stay at the Trident again, possibly for a longer stay if possible. The view itself is worth the visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Zorchie63
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you and the members of your family group enjoyed your stay at the Trident and Kinsale.

We are very fortunate to located on the water's edge and yet so close to the centre of the town.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Trident.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Korean first
Clonmel, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed for 6 days in the Trident Hotel, Kinsale. The Hotel itself, staff, bar, food etc were all up to a good standard. The views of the Marina were fabulous. The one bad point was that the bathroom floor tiles were very badly broken/chipped. I had to leave towels on the floor to make sure I did not cut my feet. I raised the issue with a lady at reception on day 2 and heard nothing back. I left today, mentioned the cracked tiles/possible health and safety issue - the lady said she would have someone look at it - this is 6 days later. I got the feeling that unless I had a serious accident, no one actually cared. I was charged the full amount for the room in question. WiFi was very low speed and cutting out altogether at times.
This is supposed to be a four star hotel and yet had no mini-bar.
N.B. A message for Hal McElroy the Manager of the Hotel. There is no point in you replying to this review - as the saying goes "when you're explaining, you're loosing". You have lost this customer.

Room Tip: Do not go for room 301.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank CreativeWon
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that you had cracked floor tiles in you bathroom, fortunately not all of our rooms have had similar problems.

Mini bars are not a requisite for 4* classification but we do have them in our suites and we offer room service to all our rooms.

I am pleased that you found a good standard in the rest of the hotel but equally sorry that we have lost you as a customer. I just wish to acknowledge your comments.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Halfway through our vacation by now and arriving in Kinsale was a breath of fresh air because we right at the Port. Hotel is clean and gets 10 plus points for their bathroom because it had the option of a shower or tub and I prefer a shower. Staff very courteous. Rooms clean and we had a view of the Bay. Restaurant and pub in hotel. Short walk to town. Definitely will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for executive room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank OPTRAVEL036
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

"Great Vacation" is a good start to a review!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Ireland and particularly that you enjoyed Kinsale and the Trident Hotel.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Fairfield CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Just returned from a tour of ireland where we had a delightful 2 night stay at the Trident. Our group had great views of the lovely harborfront. Rooms were clean, food and dining room staff very good- The manager was on site and helpful. Kinsale is the perfect location to tour the area, and a stay at the Trident is a good choice.

Stayed May 2011
1 Thank TourDirectorCT
Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you and your group enjoyed your recent visit to Kinsale and the Trident Hotel. We very much appreciate your comments on our staff and food and the standard and views from our rooms. We are very fortunate to be in such an ideal location.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your clients on another occasion.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

I have just returned from three nights stay in the Trident Hotel and I will not be returning. How this hotel has a 4* rating is beyond me.
The first person I came across was the receptionist who was far from welcoming, but improved somewhat as the days was on. The rooms are in desperate need of a revamp, with the carpet in my room badly stained, the bed not terrible comfortable with one sheet and a rather awful blanket on top. The bathroom was tiny with the fear of ending up in the toilet when you climb out of the shower, which had a dirty shower curtain hung by a rusty shower rail. 3* maybe 4* most defiantly not!!!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Galwa
Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay with us and particularly that your welcome was not good. One comment that recurrs is that our staff are friendly and helpful and I apologise that this is not what you experienced.

We have just completed refurbishment in 20 of our standard rooms and unfortunately you may have been here when the work was ongoing, as it was delayed, and your visit may have been effected by that work.

I hope that you may take the opportunity to visit us again and if you wish to do so, please contact me directly to see if I can make your visit more comfortable.

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

I have just taken a group of 45 Incentive qualifiers from South Africa to Kinsale where we stayed for 3 nights at the Trident Hotel. They have not stopped raving about their stay, and rightly so.
Everything went according to clockwork and the events the hotel ran for us were wonderful. Staff are really accomodating and kind, the food was lovely and you cant find a better location in Kinsale. Rooms are wonderfully appointed and very roomy, great beds and all you need on hand.
Hal and his team were so good to us and they will defiinitely see many of us back again - hopefully very soon. Thank you for having us to stay and being so welcoming and professional. Janet Aldworth, Sure Voyager Travel, Durban, South Africa.

• Stayed May 2011
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this review, 26 May 2011
Dear Janet,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

It is unusual to be able to identify the reviewer so this is a welcome change to know who I am addressing.

We are delighted that your group enjoyed their stay in the Trident and Kinsale. Kinsale offers wonderful opportunities for incentive groups, as you found out, with all the great water based activities from our marina and the fine restaurants and bars throughout the town with an array of great shops and galleries. The access to Cork International Airport only 20 minutes drive away makes it easy for individuals and groups to get to Kinsale.

Having has such professional planning and organisation in advance made it very easy for us to look after your group and everything went according to plan.

Many thanks for choosing the Trident Hotel for this prestigeous group.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Marin County, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

The hotel is located on the harbour about a 10-minute walk from the town centre. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon, when Kinsale is very crowded, for a 2-day stay. There were 5 parking spaces available at the hotel.

The hotel is somewhat dated but very well maintained. The room was very nice with excellent views across the harbour (and the parking lot). While we were there a dry bulk carrier loaded with grain docked by the front of the hotel. It was interesting watxhing the unloading by a crain with a clam shell. The grain dust from the unloading coated the car.

Nice bed and pillows, free internet, nice breakfast and all the other features that you would expect.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Trident Hotel.

We are very fortunate to have a great location and wonderful views of Kinsale Harbour. The fact that the harbour boasts a number of nautical activities is unique with the occasional unloading of a visiting coaster, local trawlers unloading their catch and all the activity of the leisure craft sailing in the harbour area. There are harbour tours and sail charters available among other activities from our marina.

There is free parking at the Trident and we have space for the vast majority of our our resident rooms and we can assist our guests at peak times.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Trident.

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinsale
Actons Hotel Kinsale
#2 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,313 reviews
Perryville House
#6 of 55 in Kinsale

Been to Trident Hotel Kinsale? Share your experiences!