“would recommend”

Trident Hotel Kinsale
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Booked 122 euros through their website including cooked to order breakfast plus cold buffet in beautiful breakfast room overlooking the water. Had two huge bay windows in large room overlooking the water in our room. Toliet seat was broken upon arrival but fixed promptly. No a/c available but didn't need it. Had complimentary tolietries, tub/shower, heated towels on hot rack in room. Wifi didn't work in room. Said it was a double bed on website but it was larger. Staff friendly. Is considered one of the Select Hotels

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear WImom,

Thank you for your kind review of the Trident Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and would recommend the Trident Hotel.

Our location certainly is a great advantage as is our staff and excellent breakfast. I'm glad that you enjoyed all of these!

For anyone who would prefer to A/C our Executive rooms have this available and a guaranteed harbour view, also a large marble bathroom with seperate bath and shower. I am sorry that you had difficulty with the WiFi.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We have stayed at the Trident several times, always an enjoyable stay,it is very nice overlooking the bay and just a few minutes walk to the town. The staff were very friendly . Will definitely be back again before year end.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Joah 186612,

Thank you for your positive review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visits to the Trident and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed in the trident hotel 03rd nov paid €100 for the room which is reasonable . They overcharged me €50 then when I rang up about it the manger told me this was company policy in case we charged anything to the room which we didnt . She also said it was authorisation and it could take up for 2 weeks to go back into my account . Eleanor the manager told me she would ring me back she didnt even have the manners to ring me back . I rang back myself but the manger was gone home I spoke to the girl that took the booking and she said she took the extra €50 by mistake and she refunded my card Saturday night. Today is Thursday and the money still hasn't gone back into my account . I am so disappointed I would never return to the hotel again as a result And the way I was treated by your manager not a bit professional .

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Dolly1986

Dear Dolly 1986,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that there was a mix up with your pre-authorisation and payment during your stay recently. I'm sure that you, by now, will realise that there was no double payment taken from your account and that your concerns were dealt with by our reception staff.

I hope that the misunderstanding did not take from the enjoyment of your stay.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was lovely although the two arm chairs were not at all comfortable! the bed was though and the shower was the best I'd used for a long time. Ladies, take your own shampoo as the one provided has a very manly smell.
The meal in pier one was lovely although it was very noisy and not a romantic setting.
the positioning of the hotel is convenient for the town and for exploring the area and is easy to find after a night out!

Room Tip: the executive rooms all face the harbour and have lovely picture windows.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Karin R,

Thank you for your positive review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the location good for your requirements.

I'm sorry that you didn't find the busy restaurant romantic - but at least the food was good!

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Have to say from the moment we arrived I was impressed by the service we received. The friendly and professional nature of all the staff was exceptional. Breakfast was lovely and was fresh. Choice of kippers, pancakes, the full Irish etc. Love when a hotel offers table service for breakfast. Big plus from us.
The rooms were nice but I feel were just a little sparse. Residents bar was really cosy.
Spotless but needs a little modernisation. Had a feel of a golf clubhouse if that makes sense.
Would definitely stay here again though and they should be proud of the staff they have working for them.
I'm only deducting marks as I feel it could do with some modernisation.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Doyle 123,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and especially that you found our excellent staff to be exceptional! We are very fortunate to have such a good and loyal staff and they certainly add to the positive experience during a stay in the Trident. Yes - we are proud of them!

I welcome your comments about the freshly served breakfast while still giving the opportunity for those guests who prefer to help themselves from the cold buffet.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way home from a fantastic stay at the Ross in Killarney. Good reviews online and a four-star rating led us to believe it would be an enjoyable stay. Girls at reception were neither pleasant or informative and the interior decor is very drab. But the real reason I felt I had to write a review was the room, just such a disgusting place to sleep, we couldn't believe this hotel had four stars! Dirty, small uncomfortable bed, a nice view of the harbour but not nice enough to make me forget that I had paid quite a substantial sum of money to stay in a horrible hotel on the edge of kinsale! Avoid this place if you're staying in kinsale I have absolutely no idea why it has so many good reviews.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear OisinM,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay at the Trident.

We do welcome reviews both positive and negative but I am at a loss to understand the comments you have made. I am sure that there were made sincerely but I will take them with a pinch of salt - or sugar would maybe be more appropriate.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

A very modern hotel with a wonderful view over the tidal river and marine.The rooms are well furnished and an suite. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We had booked half board, Breakfast and dinner, The food was very good and we where able to select from a large menue with international and irish cuisine.There was enough parking available.The center of Kinsale was
easy to reach by foot in minutes.

Room Tip: All rooms face the court yard and are equaly quite
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear ungerhausen,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the Trident Hotel and Kinsale. Your positive comments are very welcome regarding our location and the service and standard of food provided to you.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit to Ireland.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinsale
Actons Hotel Kinsale
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Perryville House
#6 of 53 in Kinsale

Been to Trident Hotel Kinsale? Share your experiences!