Trident Hotel Kinsale
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
1,094 results
All reviewswharf tavernexecutive roomlovely hotelhuge windowsresidents barkippersoverlooking the watersea viewlovely viewthe pubroom was largethird floorfull irisha lovely staylovely roombeautiful townbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Spacious bedroom & bathroom. Spotlessly clean. Very comfortable bed. Quiet - double door to corridor, so no noise. Friendly & efficient staff. Ate in the Wharf Tavern - nice food, good service.
Breakfast : good cold buffet, excellent service, but I thought the Full Irish was a little skimpy. Would not prevent me from returning, though.

Room Tip: Get a room with a harbour view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pgbDublin
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear pgb,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the hotel spacious, clean and comfortable. The double doors to the Executive rooms from the corridors are a great advantage as they give additional sound proofing from outside and also the bathroom.

I appreciate you comments on the Wharf Tavern and particularly the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. I am sorry that you found the Full Irish skimpy at breakfast - next time just ask - there is never a shortage!

I hope that you will be returning soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed at the Trident on the 12th Jan, having only made the booking that morning. Checking in I found that I had been upgraded to a suite - such a lovely touch! The room was outstanding! Great views over the water, lovely comfortable bed, lots of space around the sitting area. The bathroom was fantastic, huge bath, seperate shower. All very clean and nicely set out.

All up a great hotel especially for the price, and the location to the town is perfect, only a 5 minute walk, but with the bonus of having somewhere free to park your car off the road.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a suite - the view over the water is perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle R
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Trident Hotel.

It's a great review - "Brilliant Location & Staff" - what more could we ask! We very much appreciate it.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome back again soon. Let us know and we might find that suite again!!

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Trident which is great value for money, excellent location and a nice quiet laid back atmosphere. It's not a foody place, but the accommodation is great with superb views over the bay. Our room was spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. would definitely revist.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria D
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Victoria,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything to your liking. I'm sorry that you didn't find us 'foodie' but I'm sure you had plenty of alternatives throughout the town.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in late June 2012. 11 golfers. Its a very convenient location for Kinsale's bars and restaurants of which there are many. We appreciated the fact that it was a 5-10 minute walk from the center of town so it was a little quieter at night. We were glad we chose a place that was not in the center of twon - it can get quite busy and loud on Thursday-Saturday nights (especially if you need to be up early for a tee time). Very good breakfast (and available early) and a nice bar and restaurant on sight. Only 15 minute drive to Old Head golf course. They would store all of our golf clubs in a storage area.

Great views of the Harbor - rights on the water.

Room Tip: Choose a water view room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ddcta
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear ddcta,

Thank you for your kind comments about you stay with us last June.

I am delighted that you and your fellow golfers enjoyed you stay and the facilities and location of the Trident Hotel.

Being just outside the town centre but within easy walk is a great advantage, particularly as we are overlooking the harbour. The Old Head Golf Links is only 15 - 20 minutes drive from us and with private parking makes the Trident an ideal base for golfers.

I hope that we will welcome you back to the Trident and Kinsale before too long.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Just back from 2 nights in the Trident hotel in Kinsale. We have been there as a family before and again the experience was excellent. We stayed there last year and returned (Same room) because it was a great room with lots of space for the family (Wife and 2 young girls aged 3 & 6).

The best part of the hotel is the room (we had one of the suites) which faces out onto the harbour. It is an excellent size for the family. We had a huge bed for ourselves and they provided 2 fold out beds for the kids. But we all still had lots and lots of space in the room to move around.

The quality of the room was excellent with a huge bathroom with separate shower and bath. Excellent for the kids. The breakfast in the hotel was also great with plenty of quality food available. The furniture and fixtures are all nice and modern.

The location of the hotel is also great and very close to the centre of Kinsale (Approx 5 min stroll). We paid €325 for 2 nights which I thought was quite good value. We then spent a further 2 nights at Inchadoney Spa Hotel and paid €550 and the experience there was terrible. See my report on that hotel for a comparison.

Overall I would definitely advise anybody wanting to stay in Kinsale to stay here. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeff_Keating
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Trident and that it lived up to your expectations from last year.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to us in the near future.

With kind regards and best wishes for 2013.