“Great Hotel”

Trident Hotel Kinsale
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have been travelling to Kinsale for many years and keep returning to the Trident Hotel. Rooms are very clean, breakfast is great and the staff are all lovely. Location of hotel is super. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Coggie11,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you regularly return to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I would like to say that we thorougly enjoyed our stay with you last weekend. We stayed in room 309 with spectacular views. The room was clean and staff very helpful throughout. I must however compliment the Chef. We dined in your restaurant on Saturday night and have to say the food truly was amazing. Well Done and keep up the good work. We will most definetly be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Perie,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your weekend and that you found your room and the staff to your liking and the food 'amazing'. I will pass on you thanks to the kitchen team.

It is a pleasure to receive such positive comments and encouragement for all our staff.

Many thanks!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Rooms very basic for the price !with no privacy no net curtains or blinds on windows but food and staff very good Would I come back ? Hmm maybe not

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Blackwatercork
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Blackwatercork,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that you found the rooms basic for the price. We do have a number of different room options, possibly one of our executive rooms or juior suites would be more to your liking. All our rooms do have a view of the water - either accross the harbour to Ardbrack or up the river towards Castle Park and James Fort - hence the large windows.

Thank you for your kind remarks about our staff and food - very much apprecaited.

I hope you will make the decision to come back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Two nights stay prior to emigrating to New Zealand. Rooms very clean and spotless bathrooms, their housekeeping staff are a credit to the hotel. Had some great food both room service (from the Wharf Tavern) and dinner in the Tavern itself. The Tavern staff are wonderfully friendly and very professional, especially Karen whose smile could make anyone's day better!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 919deborahl
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room clean and pleasant with a good view I'm sure. I am particularly happy that you found our staff, especially Karen pleasant and helpful.

I hope that your visit to Kinsale and the Trident has left you with good memories to take with you to New Zealand. I wish you every success and happiness in the new phase of your life - down under!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Spacious bedroom & bathroom. Spotlessly clean. Very comfortable bed. Quiet - double door to corridor, so no noise. Friendly & efficient staff. Ate in the Wharf Tavern - nice food, good service.
Breakfast : good cold buffet, excellent service, but I thought the Full Irish was a little skimpy. Would not prevent me from returning, though.

Room Tip: Get a room with a harbour view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pgbDublin
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear pgb,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the hotel spacious, clean and comfortable. The double doors to the Executive rooms from the corridors are a great advantage as they give additional sound proofing from outside and also the bathroom.

I appreciate you comments on the Wharf Tavern and particularly the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. I am sorry that you found the Full Irish skimpy at breakfast - next time just ask - there is never a shortage!

I hope that you will be returning soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed at the Trident on the 12th Jan, having only made the booking that morning. Checking in I found that I had been upgraded to a suite - such a lovely touch! The room was outstanding! Great views over the water, lovely comfortable bed, lots of space around the sitting area. The bathroom was fantastic, huge bath, seperate shower. All very clean and nicely set out.

All up a great hotel especially for the price, and the location to the town is perfect, only a 5 minute walk, but with the bonus of having somewhere free to park your car off the road.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a suite - the view over the water is perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle R
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Trident Hotel.

It's a great review - "Brilliant Location & Staff" - what more could we ask! We very much appreciate it.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome back again soon. Let us know and we might find that suite again!!

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Trident which is great value for money, excellent location and a nice quiet laid back atmosphere. It's not a foody place, but the accommodation is great with superb views over the bay. Our room was spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. would definitely revist.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria D
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Victoria,

Thank you for your review of the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything to your liking. I'm sorry that you didn't find us 'foodie' but I'm sure you had plenty of alternatives throughout the town.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinsale
Actons Hotel Kinsale
Perryville House
Perryville House
#6 of 53 in Kinsale
Pier House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Trident Hotel Kinsale? Share your experiences!