“Great location”

Trident Hotel Kinsale
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kinsale
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This hotel is located on the marina of the beautiful town of Kinsale. The room had beautiful view of the marina. It was quite small and dated and would have been nice to have bath (just shower in bathroom). The bathroom and bedroom were very clean. The bed was so comfortable. There was lovely relaxing lounge overlooking the marina. Breakfast was served in lovely restaurant with terrific view and was lovely. Staff serving breakfast were so nice and helpful. I will be returning here soon for its friendly staff, location and value. The leisure centre is located up the road in the grounds of another hotel which I thought was quite awkward so did not use.

To summarise - lovely hotel except rooms require updating and quite small.

Room Tip: Ask for room with marina view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Eleanor K,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the breakfast and staff and location to your liking.

We have replaced the baths in many of our bedrooms with strong showers but we do have baths in the majority of our rooms, so please ask the next time.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Trident Hotel is in a perfect location on the harbor in Kinsale, Ireland. Overall, the hotel could use a bit of renovation, but was perfectly adequate. Admittedly, the 1st room we were given was quite noisy, with only a very tiny view of the harbor, and mostly of the street, houses, and car park behind the building, but I asked, and we were moved to a different room with a much better harbor view. The rooms and corridors need new carpet, but they appeared clean and fresh, just worn. Lunch and dinner in the Wharf Tavern were very good, and the breakfast buffet served in the Pier One Restaurant was tasty, too. The views from Pier One were spectacular. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. On the downside, the hotel is advertised as a 4-star, luxury hotel, with free Internet service in every bedroom, but I think it only rates 3 stars, due to condition, and our only reliable Internet service was found in the lounge, or on the patio outside the lounge (rather chilly in early April!). As we went in search of Internet service one evening, we encountered another couple we'd met earlier...and they, too, were searching for WiFi because it wasn't available in their room either.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room away from the back street.

Dear grandmamce,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our harbour side location. I am glad that the staff were able to help by changing your room from a river view to a harbour view.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I am sorry that you encountered problems with the WiFi which is available, free of charge, in all public areas and most of our bedrooms.

We have an ongoing refurbishment programme and I can confirm that we do comply with all requirements for our 4* rating.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Trident Hotel and Kinsale in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have stayed several times in Kinsale and this was my first time to stay in the Trident Hotel. The Trident Hotel is one of those wonderful hotels that remains utterly professional and attentive but with warmth and friendlessness that made my Weekend one to remember. I arrived late Friday nite to be greated with a lovely toastie that was no trouble whatsoever, Saturday I enjoyed a lovely brunch in the Bar, while I was there, I could overhear the staff letting fellow guests know there was a Chowder Festival on in the town so they could attend while they were visiting. From Housekeeping, to Reception staff, to Bar Staff, to the Nite Porter, to the Chef I commend you all for such a wonderful job. Oh and the View in the Suite is'nt half bad either. Thanks again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear keentraveller68,

Thank you for your very positive review of the Trident Hotel.

"Wonderful in every way" is a superb accolade, thank you - I think we will have to put you on our marketing staff!

We very much appreciate your kind comments and particularly that you remembered members of staff for some of the smaller things that matter, and the people behind the scenes who are sometimes forgotten. It is also sometimes forgotten that there are real people behind both positive and negative experiences - thank you.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Trident Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed here with my husband to celebrate my mums 50th in Kinsale. The hotel is located in a lovely area only a 5-7 minute walk from Kinsale town. We had a lovely big room with a view of the Marina and boats. My only issue with the room would be that the decor and furniture needs updating. The view from the room makes up for this issue though. The breakfast was very nice plenty of choice but I was a bit annoyed with the staff because we were a big group and wanted to have breakfast together and instead the waitress made us squash on to a small table and not everyone could fit so we were separated and there was a big table available. But overall would recommend this hotel to friends and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear ScientistIreland,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you got pleasure from our location both over the water and near the town.

I'm sorry that there was a mix-up with your breakfast table but hopefully it didn't take from your experience.

I hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My spouse and I had the good fortune to spend the first evening of our 25th anniversary trip to Ireland at the Trident. Kinsale is a spectacular town, with narrow streets climbing precipitous hillsides. Passing through this beautiful town, you are almost leaving from the south end when you bump into the Trident. This property is arranged about a motor court, so parking shouldn't be a problem. The best rooms are focused with a view towards the working harbor and the headlands across the bay. Occupancy was low when we arrived, and we were bumped up to an executive suite gratis. Spectacular! All sights and sounds of the main part of town are easily walkable, so leave the car and take to the streets. But stay in for breakfast - not to be missed, with the harbor in the background and smoked salmon on the buffet.

Room Tip: Get a room in the 10's (100 - 110, 200 - 210, etc) - killer view through the expansive windows o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Skierguy,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary! I am delighted that you stayed with us for your first night in Ireland to celebrate this special anniversary.

Your description of your arrival in Kinsale is wonderful - I want to go there! I have lived here for 26 years and see this every day and it is great to see it described by someone looking with 'new eyes'!

Thank you for taking the time to share your very positive experience and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon (don't wait 25 years).

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We arrived on friday 12th april , long drive and check in was easy and the girls on reception were friendly and helpful, rooms good size, second door between main door and bedroom cuts down out any noise. Had an evening meal in resturant on saturday evening, menu a bit limited , i would have liked a bit more choice, food was ordered, service was good and food very nice, staff pleasant . All in all a nice relaxing weekend , this was our third time staying and we shall be back .

• Stayed: April 2013
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Girvin 57,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a nice relaxing stay and that you found the staff pleasant and the food nice.

I am pleased that you have been her on a number of occasions and that you plan on coming back - a good sign!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I booked this hotel as i was the best man for a small stag party. Managed to book twin rooms for €55 per person bed & breakfast. I dealt with eleanor via phone and email on a number of occasions in the weeks leading up to the party and always found her to be polite and professional. Finding the hotel was easy enough and there was adequate parking. Contrary to the last review I found no fault with the staff working at reception, they were prompt, welcoming, polite and helpful. I was given room 220, it was amazing, you are on top of water practically, looking out onto water to your front and to your right, world class amazing views of kinsale harbour. we ate a delicious and hearty breakfast the following morning where there were a number of wide selections in cereals, juices, fruit and fry ups, very accommodating staff, we booked 7 rooms, no complaints regarding noise either, top class spot, will most definitely stay again

Room Tip: 220, breathtaking views
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Brendan (I presume),

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction. Good value, excellent breakfast and attentive staff in a super location!

I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back again soon.

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinsale
Actons Hotel Kinsale
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Perryville House
#6 of 53 in Kinsale

Been to Trident Hotel Kinsale? Share your experiences!