1,161 results
All reviewswharf tavernexecutive roomresidents barhuge windowskipperslovely hotelsea viewoverlooking the watercold buffetlovely viewthe pubroom was largefull irishthird floora lovely staygreat townlovely room
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spent a night at the Trident as we started a tour of the South-west.

The location is terrific with nice water views from our room and while the hotel was clean enough, it just seems a little tired.

They do serve a very nice full Irish breakfast and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Kinsale is a wonderful town with a good number of decent restaurants. Well worth an overnight visit. You are close to Old Head (one of the great golf courses) and to the beautiful towns and countryside of West Cork (Glandore etc).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear htravel,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel and Kinsale.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our staff and breakfast to a high standard and our location exellent with easy walking access to the town of Kinsale and within an easy drive of the sights of West Cork.

I hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This hotel, while well located for exploring Kinsale, is in very poor repair. Dirty, shabby, dark and hot. I was there at the end of a pre-arranged group tour, so I didn't choose it; but if I had, I would have been very disappointed. Didn't spend much time there, though, because there was so much to enjoy in Kinsale.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Travelinsurancelady,

Thak you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am sorry that your were disappointed with your stay and surprised at some of your comments. I am pleased that you did not let that disappointment take from your visit to Kinsale as you obviously enjoyed this wonderful town and it's history.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

stayed here for 2 nites,staff very friendly,stayed in executive room with perfect seaview.room was clean and comfy,could do with update.breakfast very tasty,had to have dinner in bar as restaurant not open.5min walk in to kinsale .couldn't ask for more.will return

Room Tip: get room with seaview.and aircon
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mick,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us for your "Ideal Break"!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that you had a very good experience. We have two restaurants in the Trident - the Wharf Tavern is open every day from 12.00 noon until 9.00pm and our Pier One is open for breakfast each morning and and dinner at the weekends and other peak times. I am sure you still enjoyed your meal.

I hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Took a mid-week two night stay at the Trident Hotel, Kinsale and it greatly exceeded my expectations.
Warm welcome, excellent room – what a view, great food.
Very friendly staff and it was lovely to see the Manager walking the floor taking to the guests.
This is probably one of Ireland’s best value hotels.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Executive rooms have fantastic harbour view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Christina,

Many thanks for your 'glowing' review of your recent mid-week break at the Trident.

We very much appreciate your kind comments and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back before too long.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Great Rooms, Great Service, good Food. For a few days holidays, we were really surprised at the quality. I had oysters - six for eight euros, followed by mussels & chips.
Really good food and decent priced.
Faultless, hotel. Well maybe the gents toilet could be steam hosed, but isn't that normal in Ireland. Also, since I'm nit picking, the manager at the bar didn't want to talk or address me. was it because I was in a wheelchair? He spoke to people about me whileI was there! Amazing I haven't seen that for years!
Great views and the mackerel season is on, so everyone is catching fish, even on hotel grounds, Brilliant, really friendly people.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jerry,

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay with us .

Great rooms, great service and good food - overall "really good"! Thank you!

I am absolutely sure that the bar manager did not ignore you because you were in a wheelchair. We are fortunate to have quite a number of wheelchair users as regular clients of the Trident both locally and visiting and that has never been, and never will be, an issue. In fact it's not like him to miss out on communicating with all our customers!

The mackerel are in - there aren't too many hotels where you can catch your dinner from the car park!

We look forward to you returning to the Trident soon.