Trident Hotel Kinsale
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Roberts Cove Inn(Minane Bridge)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Courtmacsherry Hotel(Courtmacsherry)
Munster Arms(Bandon)
1,074 results
All reviewswharf tavernexecutive roomlovely hotelhuge windowsresidents barkippersoverlooking the watersea viewlovely viewthe pubroom was largethird floorfull irisha lovely staylovely roombeautiful townbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location overlooking Kinsale harbour.
Our 3 day stay was very enjoyable with great food and a lovely staff. In the bedroom they have a most comfortable American style bed that must be about 7 foot wide.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north rooms are quieter. Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the nearby road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Francis,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Trident with your retirement group.

I am delighted that you found everything so positive particularly our location and staff.

I hope that you will find time to come back to us - although you had a busy time here there is still more to see and do!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I spent four nights in the Trident last week and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.We took an executive room with sea view and it was spacious, clean and with a large comfortable bed. Bathroom was top notch with a separate powerful shower which was as good as any in the country. Plenty of space to put things either side of the sink. Mirrors were good for my wife to do her make up sitting down also a full length mirror. Views out to the bay were delightful catching the morning sun through the vast windows.

Breakfasts were brilliant, cooked to order with such delights as grilled Plaice, Kippers, and delicately smoked salmon plus the usual full Irish. We had one evening meal which was excellent.

The Wharf bar was a great place to finish the evening with a well made esspresso and a cognac!
I cannot speak highly enough of the staff who were well trained, extremely helpful and personable wether in the bar,restraurant or reception.

Most of all the whole experience was jolly good Value for Money. We cant wait to return to Kinsale and the Trident. Thanks!

Room Tip: We took room 103 an executive on the first floor.It was quiet not far to walk for reception Dining and bar and a brilliant sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dick,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent visit to the Trident Hotel.

I am delighted that we are one of your favourite Irish hotels! Your visit with us seems to have been very positive and you also seem to have experienced most if not all our services. I am particularly pleased with your comments about our staff - thank you.

I hope that you will find your way back to again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed in the Trident hotel over the Easter break. It was not our first time in Kinsale.

Room was nice and big with a comfortable camp bed for our young daughter which was right beside the window. We were delighted with the view into the harbour.

Room had the usual touches tea/coffee, hairdryer. Bathroom had its own toiletries and plenty of towels. Bathroom was very spacious. We were on the second floor overlooking the boats in the harbour. Only concern was that the window could be opened out fully and was very big. There was no safety catch on it which I thought was quite unusual. Anyone with kids would need to watch out for this (maybe I am overly paranoid!!)

The staff were all so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Had some bar food which was nice (toasted sandwiches so can’t really make a mistake there)

Breakfast was served in the restaurant which was overlooking the harbour too. Staff were all very friendly and pleasant.

Selection for breakfast was good. Toast was delivered to the table automatically- if you do not eat white bread let them know as they just deliver white. Not sure if brown was available? Usual selection of cereals/ meats/cheeses and full breakfasts cooked to order.

Yogurts were not labeled would like to have seen this. Not sure if it was full fat milk/low fat same with yogurt . Would like to have seen this options available soy/almond milk etc.

I would definitely go back to the trident if I returned to Kinsale. I have stayed in the Blue Haven also and if its charm you like the Blue Haven is great but for large room size and location the trident cannot be beaten.

Generally I found Kinsale extremely expensive even more so than my last visit so definitely shop around for bars restaurants as prices and quality vary.

Some extra points: There is no iron or ironing board in the rooms perhaps they can be requested from reception? I could see from looking out the window that some rooms had wall mounted flat screen t.v’s ( ours was the old fashioned style) so if this is important to you request it when booking. Wi Fi was very patchy so if this is important to you check with staff on booking which rooms have a better reception.

Room Tip: room on second or third floor overlooking the harbour. Jim Edwards bar and restaurant!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank twinklesplodge

Dear Twinklesplodge,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your recent stay with us in the Trident Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the room spacious and that your daughter's camp bed was comfortable.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast selection as we use local produce where possible and the yogurt is full fat Greek style produced in West Cork. I note your comments on alternative milk.

I am interested in your comments about Kinsale being expensive as I think there is quite a range of options and the majority of restaurants serve 'early bird' or special menus at very competitive rates.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully will return soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great location. Friendly staff. Terrific views. Our room was very clean, the view was exactly what we wished for and the bed was comfortable.

But I have to agree with roryjdoyle, I'm not sure this is a 4 Star hotel.
Floorboards creaked in our room and putting on makeup or shaving were difficult because of poor lighting in the bathroom.
Full Irish breakfast was way too salty and looked like it had been cooked earlier and then zapped in a microwave.Other breakfast goodies were fine though.
Your lobby doesn't inspire. Needs a (brighter) paint-job and/or makeover.

Having said all that I'd stay there again. I loved the view, the wi-fi worked everywhere, room was spacious, clean and comfortable and having parking is a big plus in Kinsale. Wharf Tavern is a great place to relax at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Yes, ask for harbour view! Keep your parking space if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Padenator

Dear Padenator,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

We much appreciate your kind comments. I'm sorry that you breakfast wasn't to your liking but we do prepare our cooked breakfast to order directly from the kitchen.

I appreciate your observations about your room and lighting and the lobby area. Much of this work is being addressed at present.

I am delighted that you overall experience has been positive and we look forward to welcoming you again soon. The Executive rooms have a guaranteed harbour view!

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

As a Kinsale local the Trident Bar is my number 1 spot for lunch, the food is consistently excellent: (homemade, fresh and always so tasty) the prices are so reasonable that One could eat here everyday! The staff are always wonderful even when the whole restaurant is packed and they are extremely busy, they always offer top ups of coffee(which is very rare these days). The manager often comes around to each customer to ensure everything is ok, a lovely personal touch! Great spot! Cannot recommend enough.........

Stayed: April 2014

Dear MaryC,

Many thanks for your review of your regular visits to the Trident's Wharf Tavern for lunch.

We very much appreciate your kind comments and your continued support as a regular customer. "Consistently Perfect" is a wonderful accolade and we try to live up to it daily.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.